+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd Masters in canada- visa approval?

Chenna_g

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
hi all,

I am planning to apply for my masters in management to a Univ in canada. I already have a masters completed in 2006 and been working since in Business Analysis field. I want to enhance my career growth by doing masters in management in canadian university,

I have been hearing rumours that your visa will get rejected by canadian immigration if you do second masters esp from USA? is that true.

Please let me know if anyone has applied for 2nd masters in canada.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Not everyone who has applied for a 2nd Masters that always get refusal.. but the point is to be able to justify a concrete reason for wanting to do a 2nd Masters that would convince the VOs

Though with a strong written SOP to explain your reasons, you might stand a chance to see your star shine

Reactions: Chenna_g

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
hi all,

I am planning to apply for my masters in management to a Univ in canada. I already have a masters completed in 2006 and been working since in Business Analysis field. I want to enhance my career growth by doing masters in management in canadian university,

I have been hearing rumours that your visa will get rejected by canadian immigration if you do second masters esp from USA? is that true.

Please let me know if anyone has applied for 2nd masters in canada.
Mine is second Masters. I got the visa approved yesterday. I also have a gap of 3 years.

Reactions: Chenna_g

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is your first masters an MBA as well or something similar? Given that you already have a masters and have been working as a business analyst for 8 years your application screams immigration not student. Assume you also have a family so you would need to convince CIC that you need to do another masters and it makes sense to leave your lucrative career.

Reactions: dreamy2536

Chenna_g

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hi i dont have a family i am single but inorder to move up the ladder like manager program manager and into higher executice rolea or even own company an MBA is highly valued and help me qualify better and in higher salary. An MBA can be gotten anytime and usually colleges prefer students wirh atleast 5 years experience.i can write a strong SOP and see what happens?
Is your first masters an MBA as well or something similar? Given that you already have a masters and have been working as a business analyst for 8 years your application screams immigration not student. Assume you also have a family so you would need to convince CIC that you need to do another masters and it makes sense to leave your lucrative career.

Chenna_g

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
M
My first masters was in engineering and then i switched my field to business .

Vid Shanmugam

Feb 21, 2024
Kay can you email me your SOP if you can . Please . be very helpful.

Congrats!!!! Thank you

Hello Mate, This is Vid. I am in a similar situation. Could you please give some insights for the application. I have an MSc in finance and investment management, and I want to do an MSc in finance without IM. Could you please give me some advice? Cheers