+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd Bachelors degree

wwfameer

Sep 10, 2012
I'm from Pak n i already have almost completed my bachelors in advertising but the thing is that i'm not satisfied with the degree... My uni didnt focus on marketing courses n stuff like that..
now i wanna do my bachelors again in Canada.. but i'm nervous about that study mismatch thingy.. What can be done?

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why a second degree? Waste 3-4 years again? waste money again? why? You could have checked your syllables before entering the University that they don't focus on marketing..
These are the questions that will come in VO's mind ::). But don't worry! It is better you apply for a master program instead and you can do in the field of marketing which you are interested. I suggest you to go for mPhil (Master of Philosophy in marketing ) or master in marketing. MPhil is full research base and makes you very strong in terms of research. However, master of marketing teaches you courses of marketing.

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try post graduate diploma course related to that. You can learn what you wanted to learn with that. Nothing wrong in doing double bachelors but if you can get similar course go for Post grad. dipl.

wwfameer

Sep 10, 2012
am84pm said:
Why a second degree? Waste 3-4 years again? waste money again? why? You could have checked your syllables before entering the University that they don't focus on marketing..
These are the questions that will come in VO's mind ::). But don't worry! It is better you apply for a master program instead and you can do in the field of marketing which you are interested. I suggest you to go for mPhil (Master of Philosophy in marketing ) or master in marketing. MPhil is full research base and makes you very strong in terms of research. However, master of marketing teaches you courses of marketing.

I know what you mean and i have already thought about these questions that will boggle in VO's mind :(
The course outline they gave prior to the admission was different than what i studied.. they frequently change the courses..
Will SOP be any help in this matter? :'(

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wwfameer said:
I know what you mean and i have already thought about these questions that will boggle in VO's mind :(
The course outline they gave prior to the admission was different than what i studied.. they frequently change the courses..
Will SOP be any help in this matter? :'(
I wish your SOP was enough for this matter but I'm afraid with the second degree + a good SOP your case still lacking!
This is the fact which I have seen a lot like your case. That's why I'm telling you to think proper first and then apply. I don't see any problem in here except you change the level of your studies, so don't be sad. Good luck

wwfameer

Sep 10, 2012
thanks bro :)

Bro is GRE or GMAT required for Masters? I have already taken my IELTS test... what are the other requirements?