+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

28th July IELTS GENERAL TEST Discussion

blueshark

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Congratulations on getting your desired score... My question is what do you mean by standard and punch statement?

Got my score for the Second attempt and spouse too:

Own - L8/R8. 5/S7/W7
Spouse - L9/R8/S7/W7

Finally, happy to have this score and this was our last try and glad that we cud crack it... Thanks to all who could guide and help.

As per CRS online I see we are at 443.. Hope this will help to get ITA but unsure... I need to start with my ECA.

Thot to share my experience in writing test, as it's the most disappointing test. I followed below tactics:

Rephrase the Topic in Para 1
Don't use standard and punch stmt which is common (Keep your own stmt)
Have at least 4-5 Para and use 3 pages
Post writing, proof read your essay to correct any mistakes
Give examples
In first attempt I took coaching but in second I only referred Ieltsliz..

All the best guys. Plz feel free to connect if I can help in any ways.. Thanks

nick03

Jul 16, 2018
Congratulations on getting your desired score... My question is what do you mean by standard and punch statement?
I always thot to have a great start with complex and impressive statements in my first paragraph. This is what I did in my first attempt and as per my opinion would have got me low score and some structural issues. Then after someone's advice in the group I started rephrasing the Topic with my opinion and keeping it simple.

Also it's good to have the structure with conectivity like To begin with, Firstly - secondly on the other hand, additionally etc etc..

This time I kept last 5 min to proof read and was surprised to see many grammatically error, spelling issues which I cud correct.

You should read through all the model essays from ieltsliz.com as that will Def help..

Kiwi07

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
People even with 2 band difference should apply for eor if they are confident. I have recently got my eor with increase in writing from 6.5 to 7.5. I was confident enough about writing
Score before eor 9 9 6.5 8
Score after eor 9 9 7.5 8
Narang bhai how do you manage such brilliant scores?
I struggle only in L and R. Any tips on both?

chelda

Jan 16, 2018
Great score but it sucks when you miss by 0.5.

I also got my score today
L-8
R-8
W-6.5
S-7
O-7.5

Writing dropped my score by 57 points to 396. I am going for re-evaluation as well as booking a new test today as next available date is in November.
In your case, re-evaluation won't be good option as you have 2 bands difference in your score. So, it is already reviewed by a second examiner.
So I guess I shouldn't bother going for a remarking too since I got this
L: 8.5
R: 7.5
W: 6.5
S: 8
Please what do you think? This is my 3rd attempt.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
So here is my results
Overall Band:
Listening:
Reading:
Writing:
Speaking:

I had my doubts about listening, so can't blame
reading, as usual 9, was easy one.
writing, this is first time for me to receive 7 in writing, so big win for me, but I was expecting 7.5 or above.
speaking 7, fine, but disappointed because same examiner awarded me 8 band in last test
This examiner was an Indian fellow, jolly good person.

more info: I got another test result from my re-evalutation of 24th May

reading : 9 , so didn't bother to recheck it
listening was 8.5, so same

speaking and writing both were 6.5

Writing remained same, but got 7.5 in speaking, that is 1 band jump
The examiner was a foreigner, took my test 2 times, yes the same person, and awarded me 6.5 band both times, despite huge difference in performance. I opted to recheck the second one, which was my best.

so 2 band difference thingy you guys were talking about is a myth ( read above if you don't know what it is)

both test were taken via BC, at different locations.

let's take another test.....

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
So here is my results
Overall Band:
Listening:
Reading:
Writing:
Speaking:

I had my doubts about listening, so can't blame
reading, as usual 9, was easy one.
writing, this is first time for me to receive 7 in writing, so big win for me, but I was expecting 7.5 or above.
speaking 7, fine, but disappointed because same examiner awarded me 8 band in last test
This examiner was an Indian fellow, jolly good person.

more info: I got another test result from my re-evalutation of 24th May

reading : 9 , so didn't bother to recheck it
listening was 8.5, so same

speaking and writing both were 6.5

Writing remained same, but got 7.5 in speaking, that is 1 band jump
The examiner was a foreigner, took my test 2 times, yes the same person, and awarded me 6.5 band both times, despite huge difference in performance. I opted to recheck the second one, which was my best.

so 2 band difference thingy you guys were talking about is a myth ( read above if you don't know what it is)

both test were taken via BC, at different locations.

let's take another test.....

Do I trust IELTS system, its results or worth, NOPE I DON'T

I am just fulfilling a requirement, I need it, so they are simply taking a clear advantage of it,

A death by thousand cuts.....

I will bear it for better future.......

Reactions: Rangrez

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
So I guess I shouldn't bother going for a remarking too since I got this
L: 8.5
R: 7.5
W: 6.5
S: 8
Please what do you think? This is my 3rd attempt.
IMO you should go for EOR and also book a new test in case there is no change in score. This is what I did because next available date is in November.

Kiwi07

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
After 7 attempts.. My journey with IELTS has finally come to an end.. Thanks God

L 8
R 8
S 8
W 7

Hope the best for every one

You have inspired me as I may have to give my attempt number 4 in September.

Reactions: Azya

chelda

Jan 16, 2018
IMO you should go for EOR and also book a new test in case there is no change in score. This is what I did because next available date is in November.
Thanks, over here, next available next is in Sept 29th or 8th so I'll just wait a while.