+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

28-day mail-in TRV to Canadian consulate in NYC since Mar 25

bombcfc

Apr 21, 2011
Hi all,

I'm a grad student with F-1 status in Florida for 3 years. My applications was delivered to Consulate in NYC on Friday March 25. I applied for multiple entry of visitor visa. The normal processing time in NYC is 7 days but now it's completely 4 weeks. I have no idea what take them so long coz I provide all of required papers like I-20, US visa, I-94, student status certificate, current enrollment, unofficial transcript, financial statement, air ticket and hotel bookings. I'm about to drive to Canada next week. I'm so anxious and worry that I can't get it back in time because the office is closed this Friday. I e-mail the consulate last week. And I got replied as shown below. Please feel free to suggest me how should I proceed? Can I request to expedite? my original I-20 is with them :'( :'( :'(

Dear Mr.XXX with file# V300224XXX,

This is in response to your e-mail. We understand your concerns. However, your application is still in process with an officer. No further action is required by you at this time. We appreciate your patience and we will contact you once processing has been finalized. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Thank you,
Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General

gjy103190

Apr 25, 2011
How's the situation now? Did you get the visa?

BTW, I am also on F-1 visa and applying for Canada visa. I wonder what kind of proof of financial support do we need to provide..
Thanks!

fastian

Dec 22, 2008
any luck bombcfc? i sent my application to buffalo office on the 17th march (41 days as of today) and no response.

Gidda

Apr 27, 2011
I am also in a similar situation. I submitted my TRV application to the DC office and my travel time is fast-approaching. I have registered for a conference that is to take place on the 30th of April. I am yet to get my passport and I20 and nervous that i might not be able to get it on time. It is close to a month now since i submitted. Amazingly, a friend submitted her's and got it in two weeks...