+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

npandya6677

Feb 27, 2024
Hello, has anyone received any updates for applications done in the last week of October 2023? I have medical completed since Jan-2024 and background verification since Jan-2024 and no updates after that. Any reason for the slow processing?

beautifullyk

Apr 14, 2023
Hello, has anyone received any updates for applications done in the last week of October 2023? I have medical completed since Jan-2024 and background verification since Jan-2024 and no updates after that. Any reason for the slow processing?
Lots of us are in the same spot as you. We applied October 22, background has been in progress since December and still no decision yet. Hopefully soon!

oluseunoye

May 14, 2024
Update: Please when did u get your copr uploaded, and where was it uploaded, GCKey or tracker
Applied October 9
AOR Received Nov 21 (I think??? May have been earlier)
Biometrics requested Nov 22
Biometrics completed Nov 28; marked complete Nov 30 (tracker)
Medical requested Nov 23 - completed prior to application & submitted with it; marked complete May 2 in tracker & May 3 Gckey
Eligibility marked completed Dec 5 in tracker, marked complete May 9 in Gckey
Pre-Arrival Letter received Dec 6
AIP 1: Received Dec 18
AIP 2: Received Jan 2
Background check completed May 2 in tracker, May 3 in Gckey
Final decision May 2 in Gckey
P1: Received May 6
P2: Received May 9
e-COPR: (doc number can be seen in tracker since May 3; not received via email as of yet, maybe tomorrow)

VO was not listed on P1 anywhere that I could find- my guess is Etobicoke; was originally Mississauga when the process first started.

rlg05

Aug 14, 2023
Estimated processing time is 10-12 months...we are all still well within that range.

hyh1004

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got an email from Mississauga VO requesting a copy of resume. Background check has been in progress since Dec...

hanzi4389604

Nov 27, 2023
Got an email from Mississauga VO requesting a copy of resume. Background check has been in progress since Dec...
May I know your original contry? I am from China and got the resume also, I do not know if this request have any association with original country.

2Merry

Jun 10, 2023
I was doing a routine check in the Application Status Tracker yesterday and learned that I have a COPR document number and expiry date. Since they finished my background verification 2 days ago, I’m confused about what happens next? What are P1 & P2 that people talk about? What does the COPR document number in the tracker mean? I have not received any emails/letters since the Eligibility letter in Feb. Thanks for any clarification.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
May I know your original contry? I am from China and got the resume also, I do not know if this request have any association with original country.
Have the parent been retired for more than 10 years? It used to be required document (on the document check list) if person had retired 10 years or more (thus have little/no work history for a while). Then the CV will have more information of previous jobs...etc.

hanzi4389604

Nov 27, 2023
Have the parent been retired for more than 10 years? It used to be required document (on the document check list) if person had retired 10 years or more (thus have little/no work history for a while). Then the CV will have more information of previous jobs...etc.
Thank you. Did you have any feedback after you provided the CV?

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I haven't seen any applicants after 20th October get their background completed. Mostly have seen first to mid October completed. Im assuming we shld start seeing them soon next week or early June

kulwinder09

May 17, 2024
hi guys
file submission 11 june 2023 living in quebec
Submission Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/11/2023
Principal Applicant Residence: inland quebec
Sponsor's Status in Canada: PR
Application Type: Online
CSQ : october 2023
still waiting

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
I was doing a routine check in the Application Status Tracker yesterday and learned that I have a COPR document number and expiry date. Since they finished my background verification 2 days ago, I’m confused about what happens next? What are P1 & P2 that people talk about? What does the COPR document number in the tracker mean? I have not received any emails/letters since the Eligibility letter in Feb. Thanks for any clarification.
Hi there, I'm on the same boat, just logged in and see it as approved, have a COPR number and expiry date but I never received any P1 or P2 emails. Did you end up receiving it?

npandya6677

Feb 27, 2024
I haven't seen any applicants after 20th October get their background completed. Mostly have seen first to mid October completed. Im assuming we shld start seeing them soon next week or early June
Thank you for your response, may I know your timeline if that is okay?

Gewornu

Nov 1, 2023
Congratulations, it means that your are almost at the end. The next step is that you will receive an email asking you to submit the following:

Name as it appears in your passport:
UCI:
Email:
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location where you last entered (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):

If you are not inside Canada
When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
In which country are you currently located:

Height (cm):
Eye Colour:

That email is what people call P1. Then after you submit your details for P1 you will receive another email for P2 which will ask you to upload your picture to the PR portal where you submitted the PR application. Then after you will receive the eCorPR.