+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
I have been monitoring timelines in this forum for a while, It should take 6 months max to get ECOPR after you receive pre arrival and eligibility letter. In Quebec it can take more than a year. Keep asking on the web form every week and request for GCMS notes at least once. This can speedup your application or nudge the officer.
Is it true that in Quebec it takes more time to become pr as a protected person than other provinces as i have read on canada government website that quebec have no control on protected persons pr

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
Is it true that in Quebec it takes more time to become pr as a protected person than other provinces as i have read on canada government website that quebec have no control on protected persons pr
There is processing time of 26 months based on last 6 months application that IRCC dealt with across Canada. Now I see in this forum and in 2021 PR Timeline forum that it takes more time in Quebec case center than other centers. Like Sydney center in Nova Scotia is better than Ontario and Quebec centers. Most refugees apply PR in Quebec and Ontario. Even if you apply online the application will go to your province case center.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
There is processing time of 26 months based on last 6 months application that IRCC dealt with across Canada. Now I see in this forum and in 2021 PR Timeline forum that it takes more time in Quebec case center than other centers. Like Sydney center in Nova Scotia is better than Ontario and Quebec centers. Most refugees apply PR in Quebec and Ontario. Even if you apply online the application will go to your province case center.
I applied pr from ontario and my processing centre is mississauga but after 6 months i changed my address and currently my processing center is also mississauga will this mean they will process my pr fast ??

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I applied pr from ontario and my processing centre is mississauga but after 6 months i changed my address and currently my processing center is also mississauga will this mean they will process my pr fast ??
It can happen, if you are lucky. My assumption is whenever we send a document like change of address or GCMS notes, the officer who is working on our application will get notified immediately, well obviously there are processing times for these things as well. Like change of address can take 5 business days and GCMS notes can take 30 days.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
It can happen, if you are lucky. My assumption is whenever we send a document like change of address or GCMS notes, the officer who is working on our application will get notified immediately, well obviously there are processing times for these things as well. Like change of address can take 5 business days and GCMS notes can take 30 days.
My address got changed after I received aor it’s been 3 month and my current office is still missussaaga

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
My address got changed after I received aor it’s been 3 month and my current office is still missussaaga
Majorly it depends on when you apply, like Right Now most of Feb 2022 and March 2022 PR applicants of protected person class are getting ECOPR. We should add difference of months from today to estimate when to expect. I believe one day we all get surprise. IRCC also limited the study permits, I hope they don't fire officers and give them work for us and other high processing time applications.

Last edited:

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Majorly it depends on when you apply, like Right Now most of Feb and March PR applicants of protected person class are getting ECOPR. We should add difference of months from today to estimate when to expect. I believe one day we all get surprise. IRCC also limited the study permits, I hope they don't fire officers and give them work for us and other high processing time applications.
I applied in may of this year and got aor in November but after that haven’t heard anything from ircc till now

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I applied in may of this year and got aor in November but after that haven’t heard anything from ircc till now

GCMS notes or ATIP comes in your email. Cost is 5$.
My timeline:
Applied for PR in mid June 2022.
AOR: Sept 2022
Able to link to ECAS: Mid Jan 2023.
Request for additional docs: May 2023.
Eligibility and Pre Arrival: Mid Oct 2023
Requested ATIP: Mid Jan 2024.
Expect to receive PR: Before Mid April 2024.

Reactions: himankkohli6

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I am still waiting for portal 1. Nov 2022 applicant
Did you receive Eligibility Passed letter? if yes then after sometime there will be final decision on your application which you can see on your linked application and then there will be pre portal email.

MFC123

Nov 7, 2023
Did you receive Eligibility Passed letter? if yes then after sometime there will be final decision on your application which you can see on your linked application and then there will be pre portal email.
I have not received that letter. However, Eligibility has been passed and GCMS notes say "ready to finalize", since May.