+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

medschooldude

Mar 31, 2023
Hello guys,

I'm an october 2022 applicant, and I have received my G application number.
This coming july I'll be applying for medical school but most of them need permanent residency to be eligible.
Is there anyway I can request IRCC to label the application as priority? is there anything I can do to speed up the proccess?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,

I'm an october 2022 applicant, and I have received my G application number.
This coming july I'll be applying for medical school but most of them need permanent residency to be eligible.
Is there anyway I can request IRCC to label the application as priority? is there anything I can do to speed up the proccess?
Unfortunately no way to speed up application to qualify to apply for medical school

AsylumSeekers

Mar 3, 2023
Hi All,

Can we please post our 2022 PR applications timeline here . The other timelines are for previous years, so that doesn't help us who are recent applicants .

June 2022- Submitted PR application online

My current timeline follows:

21 February 2021 - escaped Pakistan
23 March 2021 - UNHCR registration interview
9 June 2021 - Refugee Status Determination Interview
13 September 2021 - UNHCR Recognized me as a refugee
17 November 2022 - UNHCR Resettlement Interview
8 February 2023 - UNHCR referred me to Canadian embassy for resettlement
9 February 2023 - IRCC sent me 13 application forms to complete, sign and return. Also on 9 February IRCC sent me BIL
9 February 2023 - I completed and returned all the the forms
10 February 2023 - IRCC sent Medical Exam instructions
13 February 2023 - I completed both medical and biometrics
21 February 2023 - at IRCC website tool the status changed from "in processing" to "Decision Made"
21 February 2023 - IRCC sent me an email to sign up for Pre Arrival Services
13 March 2023 - IOM Ottawa informed me that they have received my visa and within next 6 months I would be relocated to Canada.
17 March 2023 - IOM sent me the flight details and now I am desperately counting my days

Reactions: zak86

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
I got an email from IRCC that my application is incomplete and they need 1 form Section C information wondering if I have missed anything and how come it happened plus they added Xg number as the application number and I am wondering about a new type of UCI they added which seems invalid and I am unable to locate application using original and unique uci or application number wondering what's wrong anyone have any idea what is that? I sent them vital info already using web form.

Ibooo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
iam a protected person applying to PR the background status changed from “Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information “ to “ not Applicable”.
What it does mean?
Thank you.

May 21, 2023
Hi, I applied for PR in may 2022, my application begins to process in January 2023, in February they ask the family form and the schedule A again I sent those through web form again. The day that I send I recibe the confirmation but two week ago I recibe the exact email again, It is normal?

How long going to take to the next step? I saw my bar it was 42 % in one year… I am worry about the time.

I saw another pages here or applications of 2021 or 2023 but no news about 2022, somebody with this timeline that has news recently? Thanks

Last edited:

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
Bar is nothing just moving as per 24 months division mine was at 100% from last two months but still waiting in total its 26th month. Process is not same for everyone its depends on officer some got COPR in 17 months and some are waiting for 3-4 years.

soliver

Dec 28, 2022
Hi, I applied for PR in may 2022, my application begins to process in January 2023, in February they ask the family form and the schedule A again I sent those through web form again. The day that I send I recibe the confirmation but two week ago I recibe the exact email again, It is normal?

How long going to take to the next step? I saw my bar it was 42 % in one year… I am worry about the time.

I saw another pages here or applications of 2021 or 2023 but no news about 2022, somebody with this timeline that has news recently? Thanks
They asked me for 3 documents, unlike yours, they asked for a police report, but since I sent it before, I only sent the police report.