GU2 – JUNE 30, 2022
ADR – JULY 12, 2022
ADR under review – JULY 13, 2022
OFFICE - WHITEHORSE
INFO SHARING - PASSED
CRIMINALITY - IN PROGRESS
SECURITY - NOT STARTED YET
ELIGIBILITY - NOT STARTED YET

Anybody in the same boat? Any idea how long they take to review documents?
Aor in march, eligibility not started, medical not passed

User740

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
well I alredy have a conversation they said file is still open even after passing all the steps in file.they are awaiting final approval from officer
Same here. Its been more than one month everything passed on my file. Still no update after that. I tried calling them few times after that. The agents were kind of rude. They said “What were you told last time?”. Please wait there is no update.

Alexa0501

Jul 19, 2022
Same here. Its been more than one month everything passed on my file. Still no update after that. I tried calling them few times after that. The agents were kind of rude. They said “What were you told last time?”. Please wait there is no update.

You are right, lately, they have been so rude! If they are so tired why not they just process our applications so that we never have to call them again. So frustrating.

User740

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
You are right, lately, they have been so rude! If they are so tired why not they just process our applications so that we never have to call them again. So frustrating.
Yeah, the first time I called after update. The agent was good. He said don’t worry. Major part is done, You will receive email anytime soon. After that, I talked to 3-4 agents they were rude. We have been waiting for 1 year and 2 months now. Atleast they can be nice to us while conversation.

Reactions: maxiie

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019
Yeah, the first time I called after update. The agent was good. He said don’t worry. Major part is done, You will receive email anytime soon. After that, I talked to 3-4 agents they were rude. We have been waiting for 1 year and 2 months now. Atleast they can be nice to us while conversation.
Lol they already know the truth thats why

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Just came across this. (Received a pdf message to my Work Permit Extension Request)
I did not know that they were extending our OWP for about 4 months right away? (International Graduates Stream applicant here). - This must be the implied status situation.
My concern is that I was planning to go visit family and come back before my current OWP ends in Aug 30. I have TRV on my passport till Aug 30 as well. But the last sentence here still looks scary as I don't want to risk my position.
Any advice?

Sid_116

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
Any idea of processing time for spouse OWP outside Canada? It's been 1.5 month almost with no update. What is the purpose of calling this as Family reunification? BS

I don't need PR and they can take 5 yrs and I don't care. All I need is to expedite family member outside Canada to come faster. I don't understand IRCC and their mindset.

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019
Just came across this. (Received a pdf message to my Work Permit Extension Request)
I did not know that they were extending our OWP for about 4 months right away? (International Graduates Stream applicant here). - This must be the implied status situation.
My concern is that I was planning to go visit family and come back before my current OWP ends in Aug 30. I have TRV on my passport till Aug 30 as well. But the last sentence here still looks scary as I don't want to risk my position.
Any advice?

Im also in same situation hence i postponed my travel plans as i no longer wanna take any risks untill i get a valid wp n valid trv

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Any advice?

Although I'm not sure I totally understand your current permit status, personally, I would not risk traveling at this point. My understanding is that if you are under 'maintained status' and you leave the country, or under a special/temporary extension while waiting for your application to be processed, you may be able to re-enter but you might not be able to work. I have not left Canada for the past 3.5 years because I have been on 'maintained' status waiting on an a very standard Study Permit extension application. There were no issues, no requests for documents, no complicated past, and I've been in Canada since before I turned 18. I followed up regularly, sent registered letters (because I knew it was at the Edmonton office -- no reply ever received) & asked for help from MP, but only yesterday did I get my proper Study-Ext Permit (w. open work permit) approved and there was no explanation as to why it took so long. Covid would explain some delay but not all of it. Now just waiting for TR2PR but I feel better that I'm not still on 'maintained' status.

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Im also in same situation hence i postponed my travel plans as i no longer wanna take any risks untill i get a valid wp n valid trv
Although I'm not sure I totally understand your current permit status, personally, I would not risk traveling at this point. My understanding is that if you are under 'maintained status' and you leave the country, or under a special/temporary extension while waiting for your application to be processed, you may be able to re-enter but you might not be able to work. I have not left Canada for the past 3.5 years because I have been on 'maintained' status waiting on an a very standard Study Permit extension application. There were no issues, no requests for documents, no complicated past, and I've been in Canada since before I turned 18. I followed up regularly, sent registered letters (because I knew it was at the Edmonton office -- no reply ever received) & asked for help from MP, but only yesterday did I get my proper Study-Ext Permit (w. open work permit) approved and there was no explanation as to why it took so long. Covid would explain some delay but not all of it. Now just waiting for TR2PR but I feel better that I'm not still on 'maintained' status.
I'm a foreign/temporary worker under Open Work Permit (or PGWP) after finishing 2 year of my studies. At one point I had also applied OWP-TRV to be stamped on my passport and I'm glad I did because I'm planning to travel the beginning of August and come back before the end of the expiry which is Aug 30. I've applied both TRPR-Int Grads and OWP extension and currently waiting. From many sources I was told that it is okay to travel and come back as long as it's before TRV, OWP, SIN etc expiry date.

Another user from another platform also told me this:
This is the letter telling you that your current status is maintained (implied status) until a decision is reached on your application.
Don't pay attention to the date. It doesn't have any legal meaning. If you still haven't received your WP at the end of the 120 days, you'll be able to continue working.
If you leave Canada and come back before the end of your work permit and visa, no worries.
The implied status starts the day after you WP expires.
The last sentence means that if you leave Canada after August 31, you'll loose the right to work while waiting for your new WP.
What are your thoughts?

In my opinion, this makes a lot of sense "The implied status starts the day after you WP expires."

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I'm a foreign/temporary worker under Open Work Permit (or PGWP) after finishing 2 year of my studies. At one point I had also applied OWP-TRV to be stamped on my passport and I'm glad I did because I'm planning to travel the beginning of August and come back before the end of the expiry which is Aug 30. I've applied both TRPR-Int Grads and OWP extension and currently waiting. From many sources I was told that it is okay to travel and come back as long as it's before TRV, OWP, SIN etc expiry date.

Another user from another platform also told me this:

What are your thoughts?

In my opinion, this makes a lot of sense "The implied status starts the day after you WP expires."
Yes, that makes sense. Just wanted to make absolutely sure that your current permits are valid. Bon voyage!

Kirandeep Kaur Maher

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Applied on – MAY 6, 2021

TFN – DECEMBER 23, 2021
AOR – APRIL 23, 2022
BIL – APRIL 23, 2022
GU1 – JUNE 17, 2022
GU2 – JUNE 30, 2022
ADR – JULY 12, 2022
ADR under review – JULY 13, 2022
OFFICE - WHITEHORSE
INFO SHARING - PASSED
CRIMINALITY - IN PROGRESS
SECURITY - NOT STARTED YET
ELIGIBILITY - NOT STARTED YET

Anybody in the same boat? Any idea how long they take to review documents?
I'm in the same boat.

Kasumi714

Jul 14, 2022
My timeline

Applied 2021-07-14
Stream B essential non-healthcare English
(Actually not only B but also applicable for IG but knew information too late)

Biometric request, Link to my IRCC account, Medical passed at the same time 2022-07-13

Visit service Canada for Biometric and submit(by their system) 2022-07-14

App number E00270xxxx type

Jumped to formal number without temporary number(XE) and AOR
Got AoR today 2022-07-19