+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 Non-Routine Citizenship Application

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I received the latest ATIP Notes just now,

It now shows Location: Grant Review Ready PM03 ,,, and that my application is now Open - In Progress, as opposed to before where it was Location: Grant Cessation and apps status On Hold - Investigation

My Background verification on the citizenship tracker was Complete, but now reverted to "In Progress".. I called IRCC, and they said because my fingerprints have expired and triggered background verification to revert In Progress,, which could be true what they say because I submitted my fingerprints Nov 2022..

Does this all make sense? I don't even know what's happening.. What is Grant Review PM03, and am I going to be asked for other fingerprints? or even a second interview?
I heard that Grant review PM03 is your file to be reviewed by a higher level officer. As for the fingerprint, yes they are only valid for 1 year, so they will ask you to renew it. good luck

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
I heard that Grant review PM03 is your file to be reviewed by a higher level officer. As for the fingerprint, yes they are only valid for 1 year, so they will ask you to renew it. good luck
My application was on hold for a year until this stage,, now more reviews? and this time by a higher level officer?

Would you happen to know if this could take long time? or hopefully not that long?

Thanks,

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
My application was on hold for a year until this stage,, now more reviews? and this time by a higher level officer?

Would you happen to know if this could take long time? or hopefully not that long?

Thanks,
Unfortunately I don’t know how long does it take for a higher level officer to review. But the fact that an update took place is a positive thing.

Reactions: gennybuen

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hello,

So my ATIP notes were showing "Location: Grant Review Ready PM03" until end of January 2024, but my fingerprints that I did in Nov 2022 have expired to this point, and IRCC requested me to re-do fingerprints recently, which I did on Jan 17th 2024, and ATIP of February notes show "Location: Grant Fingerprints Requested"

So I think Location will be set to Grant Review Ready PM03 again when my fingerprints have been submitted to IRCC.

Now, the concern,, let's talk about the concern: I called the RCMP call center, and they said to me that my fingerprints results have been completed and were sent to the Montreal citizenship office on January 23rd 2024 (sent to IRCC 6 days after I did them), and now when I call IRCC, they say: We still didn't receive them!... I was like WHAT!!!???

This is my big concern now, is that RCMP sent it to IRCC on Jan 23rd, and IRCC said to me on Feb 20th that they haven't received my fingerprints results yet.

What to do in this case? I really want my application to quickly resume processing, but someone at IRCC isn't doing their job and update my fingerprints,, no idea what to do..

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Hello,

So my ATIP notes were showing "Location: Grant Review Ready PM03" until end of January 2024, but my fingerprints that I did in Nov 2022 have expired to this point, and IRCC requested me to re-do fingerprints recently, which I did on Jan 17th 2024, and ATIP of February notes show "Location: Grant Fingerprints Requested"

So I think Location will be set to Grant Review Ready PM03 again when my fingerprints have been submitted to IRCC.

Now, the concern,, let's talk about the concern: I called the RCMP call center, and they said to me that my fingerprints results have been completed and were sent to the Montreal citizenship office on January 23rd 2024 (sent to IRCC 6 days after I did them), and now when I call IRCC, they say: We still didn't receive them!... I was like WHAT!!!???

This is my big concern now, is that RCMP sent it to IRCC on Jan 23rd, and IRCC said to me on Feb 20th that they haven't received my fingerprints results yet.

What to do in this case? I really want my application to quickly resume processing, but someone at IRCC isn't doing their job and update my fingerprints,, no idea what to do..
Get an email response from RCMP and forward it to the iRCC via webform (take a snap shot of the RCMp email). If you want to be proactive, redo the fingerprint and send it to your home adress, once you receive it, send it with ups or fedex to ircc and send them a copy of the tracking number via another webform.

Last edited:

Andrew54321

Jan 16, 2024
Hello,

I sent my paper application September 29 2020, and AOR is received January 2021.

So far, I only have background and citizenship test completed. I attended an interview on Feb 7th 2023, and nothing after that yet,, still in progress.

MP wasn't helpful after many attempts with her.. I requested notes, in the notes show the application is "On Hold"

I traveled outside Canada 2 times when I was a PR, and once when I was a protected person. I originally was a protected person and I had a 2yr RTD that I used to travel to Europe (not to my country of origin), but Passport Canada (Gatineau office) took it back when I applied for the renewal of the RTD, but the new RTD came with 5 years because I became a PR when I applied for the RTD's renewal.

Obviously when I submitted my citizenship application, I submitted all info for passport of my country of origin, as well as the new 5-yr RTD, but I didn't have that 2-yr RTD in hand to submit its info because Passport Canada (Gatineau office) had it when I applied for its renewal, so I did not document its information in the citizenship application, though I mentioned it in the application and I said in the notes "that I had a 2-yr RTD that I no longer posses and Passport Canada Gatineau has it". Do you think not submitting the info of the 2-yr RTD is delaying my application? I don't know if they're even checking with Passport Canada if that's true or not....

Thank you,

Andrew54321

Jan 16, 2024
Hi there I applied for my citizenship on December 2020 and everything else is completed except the oath I call them they telling me is no review for one year now and they calling my application non routine

Andrew54321

Jan 16, 2024
Thank you for the response..

I should have perhaps yes,, but I didn't even have that 2-year document in hand,, THEY do, so I just provided as much as I know about it in the notes box.. and I said also in the notes that they can let me know if they have any questions.. and in the interview, I wasn't even asked about it so maybe you're right it's not causing the delay.

The tracker shows me only Test and Background is completed.
LPP: In Progress.
Oath: Not Started (of course :) )

Andrew54321

Jan 16, 2024
Hello,

I sent my paper application September 29 2020, and AOR is received January 2021.

So far, I only have background and citizenship test completed. I attended an interview on Feb 7th 2023, and nothing after that yet,, still in progress.

MP wasn't helpful after many attempts with her.. I requested notes, in the notes show the application is "On Hold"

I traveled outside Canada 2 times when I was a PR, and once when I was a protected person. I originally was a protected person and I had a 2yr RTD that I used to travel to Europe (not to my country of origin), but Passport Canada (Gatineau office) took it back when I applied for the renewal of the RTD, but the new RTD came with 5 years because I became a PR when I applied for the RTD's renewal.

Obviously when I submitted my citizenship application, I submitted all info for passport of my country of origin, as well as the new 5-yr RTD, but I didn't have that 2-yr RTD in hand to submit its info because Passport Canada (Gatineau office) had it when I applied for its renewal, so I did not document its information in the citizenship application, though I mentioned it in the application and I said in the notes "that I had a 2-yr RTD that I no longer posses and Passport Canada Gatineau has it". Do you think not submitting the info of the 2-yr RTD is delaying my application? I don't know if they're even checking with Passport Canada if that's true or not....

Thank you,
Have you heard anything back from them or still waiting