+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 Non-Routine Citizenship Application

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
There are many notes on the bottom pages, and all of them are my and MP's inquiries and follow ups... I do call them and write to them a lot :D

If I keep scrolling up above the notes, there comes the "EVENTS" and there are two events:
EVENTS: 1 (The interview in February that I had with the immigration officer)
EVENTS: 2 (The citizenship test that I had in August 2022).

Reactions: Illusionist4008

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I would say it would be safer in your case to talk to good lawyer, try to have some understanding on what it means to have the location set to "grant cessation". May be submit an ATI and request IRCC document related to paper file location set to "Grant cessation" and ask for all activities and sub activities that will take place, also ask what could trigger such selection according the citizenship PDI. Try to prepare this before going to a lawyer as this will take a month to get and likely the lawyer might not know the exact steps related to this location. Good luck

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
I would say it would be safer in your case to talk to good lawyer, try to have some understanding on what it means to have the location set to "grant cessation". May be submit an ATI and request IRCC document related to paper file location set to "Grant cessation" and ask for all activities and sub activities that will take place, also ask what could trigger such selection according the citizenship PDI. Try to prepare this before going to a lawyer as this will take a month to get and likely the lawyer might not know the exact steps related to this location. Good luck

Quick question how do you request an ATI for particular location?

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Quick question how do you request an ATI for particular location?
when you submit an ATI, you choose "IRCC Governing cooporate documents" instead " Immigration/Citizenship records". Then in the description field you put as many information as possible to explain your request.

Reactions: CanMon

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Thanks! If you get anything about Grant PR Status. Can you share it with me?
Sure, will do. I requested a list of all entries to the loctaion filed and full explination of each entry. The ATI request is due by the end of November. I will let you know once I receive it

Reactions: CanMon

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
I was interviewed for Cit grant in july
Next day application was approved and notes say Cit is granted. Three days later the final review officer put my case on hold. MP asked IRCC and they said everything thing is done but they will not call me for oath untill the additional verifications are completed.
They do not share what it is. I am not a refugee claimant. My background check already was done after 9 months in May. No idea what it is. When I got the GCMS notes they say application on hold.
Nothing I can do as when I asked the lawyer for mandamus writ he also told me to wait out few months.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Which location you're referring to in the notes? It shows
Primary Office: Montreal Citizenship
Secondary Office: CPC Sydney
Clearance Requests: RCMP/CSIS: Y
Language: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Security:
Oath: Not Started
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Based on the information you've shared, you should have included details like your RTD document number and expiration date at the very least, but I don't think that's what's causing the delay in your application at the moment, as they haven't started your LPP assessment yet. Has your background check been completed, according to the tracker?

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Based on the information you've shared, you should have included details like your RTD document number and expiration date at the very least, but I don't think that's what's causing the delay in your application at the moment, as they haven't started your LPP assessment yet. Has your background check been completed, according to the tracker?
Thank you for the response..

I should have perhaps yes,, but I didn't even have that 2-year document in hand,, THEY do, so I just provided as much as I know about it in the notes box.. and I said also in the notes that they can let me know if they have any questions.. and in the interview, I wasn't even asked about it so maybe you're right it's not causing the delay.

The tracker shows me only Test and Background is completed.
LPP: In Progress.
Oath: Not Started (of course :) )

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Thank you for the response..

I should have perhaps yes,, but I didn't even have that 2-year document in hand,, THEY do, so I just provided as much as I know about it in the notes box.. and I said also in the notes that they can let me know if they have any questions.. and in the interview, I wasn't even asked about it so maybe you're right it's not causing the delay.

The tracker shows me only Test and Background is completed.
LPP: In Progress.
Oath: Not Started (of course :) )
Based on the information you provided, you have passed the security and criminality checks. However, your LPP hasn't started yet because your file is on hold for an investigation. The specific reason for this investigation is uncertain, though it might be one of the reasons mentioned in the this link. Once the investigation is completed, they will proceed with your LPP, and you should then receive your oath invitation. If you are in a hurry and willing to pay around $4,000, you could consider filing for a mandamus with a lawyer to expedite the process.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Thank you,

The investigation started in February of 2023 according to one of the call center agents when I called months ago.

It's just beyond me when the investigation happens after a long time from the time I applied in 2020... For example: why did the investigation not start in 2021, or 2022. Also, why would the investigation is taking this long from February until now (and still going as far as it seems). Many applicants are applying and getting the citizenship so fast and also non routine.

I hate to spend that amount of money just to expedite. Can I do it myself without a lawyer?

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Thank you,

The investigation started in February of 2023 according to one of the call center agents when I called months ago.

It's just beyond me when the investigation happens after a long time from the time I applied in 2020... For example: why did the investigation not start in 2021, or 2022. Also, why would the investigation is taking this long from February until now (and still going as far as it seems). Many applicants are applying and getting the citizenship so fast and also non routine.

I hate to spend that amount of money just to expedite. Can I do it myself without a lawyer?

Yes, it seems like your application has been neglected or 'ghosted' for no apparent reason, similar to many other 2020 applicants. That's likely why they only recently started the investigation. Regarding the mandamus, I'm not sure if you can do it by yourself, but you might want to research about it. I recall someone on the forum managing to do the first steps with the assistance of ChatGPT.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
I got a ghost update today December 8th 2023.

Is this a system-wide update that everyone got it? or no?

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
I received the latest ATIP Notes just now,

It now shows Location: Grant Review Ready PM03 ,,, and that my application is now Open - In Progress, as opposed to before where it was Location: Grant Cessation and apps status On Hold - Investigation

My Background verification on the citizenship tracker was Complete, but now reverted to "In Progress".. I called IRCC, and they said because my fingerprints have expired and triggered background verification to revert In Progress,, which could be true what they say because I submitted my fingerprints Nov 2022..

Does this all make sense? I don't even know what's happening.. What is Grant Review PM03, and am I going to be asked for other fingerprints? or even a second interview?