+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
I ordered my gcms notes ....agent told me that my security check is pending. That's why I didnot get DM letter yet. No DM on PA on ECAS yet.

But I my gcms notes it says they transferred my file to Vancouver office already. No sure what's happening.

Anyone have any idea about it ?
My file is transferred to Vancouver from Mississuaga (my local office) for no reason.
I ordered notes no flags no particular note dont know why it’s transferred as i was almost on final stage

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
I ordered my gcms notes ....agent told me that my security check is pending. That's why I didnot get DM letter yet. No DM on PA on ECAS yet.

But I my gcms notes it says they transferred my file to Vancouver office already. No sure what's happening.

Anyone have any idea about it ?
I hope you hear something soon seems like good thing they transferred the file

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
My file is transferred to Vancouver from Mississuaga (my local office) for no reason.
I ordered notes no flags no particular note dont know why it’s transferred as i was almost on final stage
Maybe they changed the process a bit. And are forwarding applications to different offices to ease workload. My file also transferred to Ottawa for some unknown reason

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I hope get it as soon as possible waiting for it longtime ago and many ppl still waiting after passed the 12 months already like me passed 13 month already and still counting
Congrats urs was fast
Hi, perhaps you have tried this already, but have you used Web Form to kindly request an update on your application? CIC is very prompt in sending you an email that your Web Form request for an update is received by them; they may provide you with an update or explanation.
It would be appropriate to do so since you are in the 13th month.

Crossing fingers for an update soon! It will come before you know it and your application will begin to move forward quickly.

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
I hope you hear something soon seems like good thing they transferred the file
Not sure if it is good thing or not at this point. 13 months passed. Gcms notes gave no clue. Security check info was wiped out from notes. Web form is no help either. They just send generic reply

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Not sure if it is good thing or not at this point. 13 months passed. Gcms notes gave no clue. Security check info was wiped out from notes. Web form is no help either. They just send generic reply
Wish you hear something good soon even me I didn’t really expect anything after passed the 12 month and all of the sudden they sent me the updates about the decision and the landing office
Hope you will hear the same next week I really know that feeling you have

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hi, perhaps you have tried this already, but have you used Web Form to kindly request an update on your application? CIC is very prompt in sending you an email that your Web Form request for an update is received by them; they may provide you with an update or explanation.
It would be appropriate to do so since you are in the 13th month.

Crossing fingers for an update soon! It will come before you know it and your application will begin to move forward quickly.
No never , but just exprecting an earlier landing date because am already late on the application and passed 13 month and if they do the same for all the applicant I will wait another month which it’s more stressful ,but anyways am not really waiting anything good or something like that from them ,so let’s see

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
What generic reply they send?
this is what they sent, every time I sent inquiry through web form.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Reactions: Jon74

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is what they sent, every time I sent inquiry through web form.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Lol I receive exact same reply

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
No never , but just exprecting an earlier landing date because am already late on the application and passed 13 month and if they do the same for all the applicant I will wait another month which it’s more stressful ,but anyways am not really waiting anything good or something like that from them ,so let’s see
Hi, yeah, I see what you mean. It is stressful not to hear from them. I think that things began to move quickly towards the end of 2018 and into 2019 for many applications. As per the posts, even applications from April, May, and even some June ones were moving forward very quickly during this period of time. Now, probably factors slowing down the system may include applications from other groups, such as Express Entry, etc. Provinces want to make their quotas and perhaps CIC is prioritizing those applications with agents allocated to work on those.
Your application and others will begin to move quickly. This will happen soon. As others have posted, it was quiet for a great while and then, all letters/emails began to show up and then the email for landing interview came fairly quickly after such activity.
Fingers crossed and hope that updates/letters come soon for you and for others waiting! :)