+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Terence_Eu

May 30, 2018
My timeline:
Dec 14 ’17 Received
Feb 06 ’18 AOR
Mar 02 ’18 Update information by web form
Mar 12 ’18 Webform received
May 18 ’18 Medical Exam Request
May 28 ’18 ME Passed

Good luck and keep updating.

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
They just keep on telling me that criminality check is ongoing everytime i phoned them. Waste of time. They can't even explain why some applicant received mr early. Especial treatment. This is the update that we get for application fees that we paid!!!

MPNP inland applicant
AOR-Feb. 10, 2018
dude, it's been what, 3 months since you've applied? Have some patience. Some people have to wait much, much longer for progress on their applications. My first update happened 8 months after I applied. Right now it's been 14 months since my Federal stage started. 6 months of getting the nomination, etc. ready before that.

Reactions: ankz001

jehan.emporio

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
They just keep on telling me that criminality check is ongoing everytime i phoned them. Waste of time. They can't even explain why some applicant received mr early. Especial treatment. This is the update that we get for application fees that we paid!!!
dude, it's been what, 3 months since you've applied? Have some patience. Some people have to wait much, much longer for progress on their applications. My first update happened 8 months after I applied. Right now it's been 14 months since my Federal stage started. 6 months of getting the nomination, etc. ready before that.
Dude im relying on the current trend, 2018 issued aor. Your batch is different than now, updates, and the circumstances. I can wait and appreciate if they could just answer simple question but not.

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
Dude im relying on the current trend, 2018 issued aor. Your batch is different than now, updates, and the circumstances. I can wait and appreciate if they could just answer simple question but not.
right :)
best to prepare for a long ride. it doesn't matter which batch you are in, the timeline of 18 months applies to 80% of all applications, agnostic of the date.
just keep in mind that all your calls to CIC are recorded in your file.
good luck!

jehan.emporio

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
right :)
best to prepare for a long ride. it doesn't matter which batch you are in, the timeline of 18 months applies to 80% of all applications, agnostic of the date.
just keep in mind that all your calls to CIC are recorded in your file.
good luck!
Oh really! I would really love them to keep my call history for reference so they know how are they doing. And just so you know, before i called them, i asked them first if making inquiries for my application status will have any impact or effect in my application. They replied and said no, as only visa office and/or officer is the one updating it and they have nothing to do that affect application. It was recorded as well!

Last edited:

stellar79

Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No
Oh really! I would really love them to keep my call history for reference so they know how are they doing. And just so you know, before i called them, i asked them first if making inquiries for my application status will have any impact or effect in my application. They replied and said no, as only visa office and/or officer is the one updating it and they have nothing to do that affect application. It was recorded as well!

Yupp!
U can call as many times as you want! There are just customer support representatives, they have no control of your application whatsoever. Like other call center agents, they make notes on a profile, that “what was the last call or issue about”!

Reactions: jehan.emporio

xman123

Jan 21, 2014
My timeline:
Dec 14 ’17 Received
Feb 06 ’18 AOR
May 28 ’18 ME Passed

Hi..did you apply from India?

xman123

Jan 21, 2014
My timeline:
Dec 14 ’17 Received
Feb 06 ’18 AOR
May 28 ’18 ME Passed

Hi..did you apply from India?

khoatran

May 18, 2017
My timeline:
Dec 14 ’17 Received
Feb 06 ’18 AOR
May 28 ’18 ME Passed

Hi Terence,

Could you share with us what your update info by web form is? BTw, are you inland or outland ? because your progress seems faster than others. Thanks,

PMorden

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
I agree, may be AOR 2018 files are being processed faster than last year. The difference is we received AOR in 30-40 days, no FT (may be processed in Canada) and inland applicants getting MR in 100 days from AOR which is faster than last years inland applicants.
The big difference is once MR is received PPR is sent in 30-60 days time.
I am sure once they will start outland we will get MR much faster. GOD is Great.

abbytronix

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Member since quite a while now posting my timeline here for the first time ( was active on another tracker).

My timeline:
Dec 15 2017 App recieved
Feb 06 2018 AOR
May 18 2018 Medical Exam Request and Pcc from UAE requested again (though I submitted one with my application)
May 24 2018 Medical Exam Done
May 27 2018 Pcc uploaded via webform

Last edited: