2017 PGP Applicants

vernon22445

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kamal_002 said:
The income required for 5 people is:

Size of Family Unit 2016 2015 2014
5 persons $66,654 $65,377 $64,791

You are not eligible to apply. Wasted a spot.

I dont understand why people dont check the requirements before apply
This forum is to help each other by answering the questions. If ur not lucky this year try next year. Don't tell us what we should have done.

vernon22445

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kamal_002 said:
The income required for 5 people is:

Size of Family Unit 2016 2015 2014
5 persons $66,654 $65,377 $64,791

You are not eligible to apply. Wasted a spot.

I dont understand why people dont check the requirements before apply

[/quote

FYI- My income is low only in 2014 because I came to Canada only in July end.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
vernon22445 said:
This forum is to help each other by answering the questions. If ur not lucky this year try next year. Don't tell us what we should have done.
We are helpful, but ignorant and arrogant people such as yourself are insensitive to the outrage here. Nothing to do with luck when your ignorance = sabotage!

Reactions: cutiemoon

Kamal_002

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
I agree this form is to help everyone to re-unite to their families.
And there is tons of information that you could read to find out if you are eligible or not prior to fill the web form.

Btw I got selected this year or in your words I can say " I am the lucky one" but there is lots of people who didnt get selected.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
Guys, don't fight, its not candidates fault, whoever will see an open "free" form will fill it, there is no harm for anyone filling that. The key point is that system is broken and need fix.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
enth said:
Guys, don't fight, its not candidates fault, whoever will see an open "free" form will fill it, there is no harm for anyone filling that. The key point is that system is broken and need fix.
Gotcha, broken system indeed!

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vernon22445 said:
Anyone would have gladly helped you if you asked this question before you entered for the draw, which is what you should have done.
Don't even bother sending your application, you will get rejected.

and.. when someone points out your mistake, which may have negatively affected lives of thousands, just take it like a man, you have no excuse for your negligence.

Reactions: cutiemoon

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
kkim604 said:
Anyone would have gladly helped you if you asked this question before you entered for the draw, which is what you should have done.
Don't even bother sending your application, you will get rejected.

and.. when someone points out your mistake, which may have negatively affected lives of thousands, just take it like a man, you have no excuse for your negligence.
I would point out that sending the application requires $550 per parent; if you are selected and verified not eligible. don't waste your money due to negligence.

gary3597

Apr 28, 2017
cool_boy007 said:
Hello, congrats to all who got selected in the draw , and best of luck who are not selected.

I GOT SELECTED. THANK GOD!! BUT ONLY PROBLEM I SEE THAT THEY ASK FOR "CONFORMATION NUMBER" THAT I DON'T HAVE . i THINK I DELETED THAT EMAIL BY MOSTAKE OPR IT MIGHT BE IN THE SPAM. sO HOW CAN I RECOVER THAT CONFIRMATION NUMBER.??
I have the same issue. Did you call IRCC? If Yes, What number you called?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
gary3597 said:
I have the same issue. Did you call IRCC? If Yes, What number you called?
Guys I cannot believe that you did not even follow the very important instruction on the lottery form itself. Take a screenshot of the confirmation number AND WRITE IT DOWN and you are all set. With the volume of call to IRCC, you may end up not meeting the 90 days and waste your chance. I really don't understand how you can be so ignorant for such important stuff.

missingmymom

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:
Guys I cannot believe that you did not even follow the very important instruction on the lottery form itself. Take a screenshot of the confirmation number AND WRITE IT DOWN and you are all set. With the volume of call to IRCC, you may end up not meeting the 90 days and waste your chance. I really don't understand how you can be so ignorant for such important stuff.
100% agree with you.

elara98

Apr 27, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
Guys, as another individual mentioned in a similar discussion, this forum is for constructive opinions and for helping people in this complex process. Please keep your criticism at home.

I called 1-888-242-2100 went to option "2" "sponsorship" and then followed the instructions until i got to the "speak to an agent" option. I waited for 20 minutes while listening to their automated messages. One of them said: " if you received and email notifying that you have been selected, but do not have a confirmation number, print the email and indicate that you do not have the confirmation number, rest assure that your submission will be matched with the selected sponsor".

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
vernon22445 said:
Myself, My wife & 6 yr old son are already PR and in Canada. I am planning to sponsor my dad and mom.
Your wife can be a co-signer so you can add her income, if the total doesn't meet the requirement, then you're not eligible, you can apply but it will denied.

Forum members, the selected people can APPLY, but the ineligible applicants will just be denied and will be asked to reapply if they get selected again in the future draws.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
pie_vancouver said:
Forum members, the selected people can APPLY, but the ineligible applicants will just be denied and will be asked to reapply if they get selected again in the future draws.
Note that it can take up to 3 years for IRCC to actually verify income, so during this time waiting one would also miss out on applying in future lotteries.

If a sponsor doesn't meet the income requirement, they should not bother submitting an app at all.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Rob_TO said:
Note that it can take up to 3 years for IRCC to actually verify income, so during this time waiting one would also miss out on applying in future lotteries.

If a sponsor doesn't meet the income requirement, they should not bother submitting an app at all.
Yes you are correct, but we can't stop them from applying and be denied later on.