+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
If i had known that CIC requested 2014--2016 income insread of 2013-2015 income, I would have entered the draw. They changed the years of income requirement only a few days ago.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
nayr69sg said:
well here's the thing, the people who have higher incomes pay higher taxes. So I contribute a disproportionately higher amount of taxes than the guys who just make the cut.
The amount that actually goes to healthcare is just small percentage of overall taxes. It takes several average Canadians paying taxes, to fund the healthcare of just a single average elderly (65+) Canadian/PR.

Plus the point is that even with your high income, the current healthcare system is breaking down in some areas. People would rather your taxes go to current Canadians/PRs, not new elderly ones.

Kwsltd

Mar 14, 2017
nayr69sg said:
well here's the thing, the people who have higher incomes pay higher taxes. So I contribute a disproportionately higher amount of taxes than the guys who just make the cut.
I agree 100%. That's why they should implement a point system. And select from top pool just like express entry.

If government is so worried about them draining the economy, then award those who has financial income and those selected will be spending the money more in Canada for their parents, thus better for the economy as well.

I send money overseas to support my family. If they were here, those money is going straight to Canadian economy.

But then again what do I know... Gov. Thinks paying allowances, providing social services is more important matter.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
dann05 said:
He has a common law partner that understands that she cannot be sponsored at the moment. Should I be worried ? I wonder if we can just left her out.
If he's lived together with her 12 months, then she must be declared as a common-law partner, and you must count her into your family size.

You can list her as accompanying or non-accompanying, but she still needs to be included in family size and pass the medical exam either way.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry guys, I am not getting it, most of us still have the option for super visa, and next year to put their names. So why that noise now.
Anyways, this is the first time that IRCC does this type of lottery thing.
Be optimistic, I believe this is much better than last year.
So please let us accept the results.

Good luck for guys who got positive emails and hard luck for others.

That's life.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
RAY2112 said:
Sorry guys, I am not getting it, most of us still have the option for super visa, and next year to put their names. So why that noise now.
Anyways, this is the first time that IRCC does this type of lottery thing.
Be optimistic, I believe this is much better than last year.
So please let us accept the results.

Good luck for guys who got positive emails and hard luck for others.

That's life.
You must be so insensitive or ignorant, the reason why people are fuming over not being selected is because SUPER VISA IS A JOKE. There is no guarantee that with super visa your parents will be granted 2 years stay, and more over, they are severely restricted in in working or volunteering or studying which make them actually prisoner in their child home. If they make SUPER VISA really SUPER VISA, say allowing parents to stay on 10 years without having to go back to home country and allow them to work or volunteer but not healthcare nor welfare, the demand for PGP lottery will be much lower as many people can afford to support their parent on 'actual' SUPER VISA

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
deerestlovelybear said:
You must be so insensitive or ignorant, the reason why people are fuming over not being selected is because SUPER VISA IS A JOKE. There is no guarantee that with super visa your parents will be granted 2 years stay, and more over, they are severely restricted in in working or volunteering or studying which make them actually prisoner in their child home. If they make SUPER VISA really SUPER VISA, say allowing parents to stay on 10 years without having to go back to home country and allow them to work or volunteer but not healthcare nor welfare, the demand for PGP lottery will be much lower as many people can afford to support their parent on 'actual' SUPER VISA
I agree completely. Supervisa should be much more flexible and easier to allow parents to stay long term. With no access to healthcare, they wouldn't be costing taxpayers anything so nobody should have any objections.

Unfortunately even if this happened, most would find the medical costs to care for very elderly parents here too expensive to afford. Travel insurance would become way too expensive or even not possible after a certain age.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Rob_TO said:
I agree completely. Supervisa should be much more flexible and easier to allow parents to stay long term. With no access to healthcare, they wouldn't be costing taxpayers anything so nobody should have any objections.

Unfortunately even if this happened, most would find the medical costs to care for very elderly parents here too expensive to afford. Travel insurance would become way too expensive or even not possible after a certain age.
If you can't afford then can apply PGP, but at least give people who can afford a chance for reuniting with their family

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:

Agreed. My mon is currently on SuperVisa because of IRCC constantly changed the laws evrytime that I was qualified for the application, but the major problem of Super Visa is that it is NOT guranteed for 2 years. Of course IRCC says that it two year period up to ten years, I often see people get six months for Super Visa.

In regards to ability to work, there can be some argument, but it is definitely needed to be fixed for the length of period and how they approve the visa. It is also not properly educated among border officers that when I went there to get Super Visa with invitation, the officer did not even know what the super visa was, and after searching and asking others, he came back to me and saying that I am not qualified for Super Visa because I do not have any child. Non sense.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deerestlovelybear said:
Just want to add, from personal experience, i can vouch SV is a worthless.
Everytime my in-laws visited Canada with SV, there were only granted 6 months stay. Showing SV paper to customs officer did absolutely nothing., officer even questioning why they need to stay more than 6 months.
I'm not sure what the point of SV is, when they can just visit for 6months without going through getting SV approval and buying health insurance...

BrianDell

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
1 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
6 Jan 2015<br>IP 3 June 2015
Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
deerestlovelybear said:
Why are you applying without even knowing you are not qualified? Do you know you have robbed a family with a chance to reunite with their loved ones?
Let's be clear about something here: the people who aren't qualified but took up a lottery spot aren't taking a spot away from someone else who might otherwise have been selected. That's because the spot is going to go to clearing the backlog of 2016 and prior applicants. See the 2017 Immigration Levels Plan. Now it's true that it would have helped those of us who threw our hats in the lottery if the ineligible hadn't also thrown their hats in, but we can't say - on a general level that doesn't reference specific cases - that we as a group are more deserving than previous years' applicants who will see their applications moved to active processing because there were ineligible 2017 lottery winners.

The wrath here should instead be directed at lottery winners who are eligible but who didn't really need PR status for their relatives because their relatives are already here and they just wanted an upgrade on the terms on which they are here, which I'd call a "nice to have" as opposed to a grave need. There's an enormous difference between being reunited in Canada with a time limit and not being able to reunite for any time at all, for example. Even then, I don't hold it against anyone who is highly motivated even if their relative is already here but I am certain there are some lottery winners who not only can bring their relatives over on visit visas but just threw in for the lottery because it was so easy to do so and after being informed they won an application spot ultimately think the paperwork involved in applying to be enough of a chore to scarcely be worth it as opposed to the enormous privilege that it is.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
kkim604 said:
Just want to add, from personal experience, i can vouch SV is a worthless.
Everytime my in-laws visited Canada with SV, there were only granted 6 months stay. Showing SV paper to customs officer did absolutely nothing., officer even questioning why they need to stay more than 6 months.
I'm not sure what the point of SV is, when they can just visit for 6months without going through getting SV approval and buying health insurance...
SV is a complete failure, it is totally worthless and IRCC keeps using it as excuse to restrict PGP