+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 NDVO FSWO applicants (CIO-LVO route), please connect here.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
I know one thing for sure , you don't need transit visa if yure travelling to US , canada or western country thru these airports.also if permanent residents transiting thru their countries don't require transit visas. :) please anyone with more info on airlines and post ppr what all things u need to carry fron india like pressure cooker n stuff and what all is available in Canada Indian stores ? @pam13 And any others let us know .... :)

You aren't a PR unless you're travelling with a PR card, right?

anchan13

Jan 8, 2018
Dear All

who have got their passports stamped and planning to fly and people who are already landed, I need suggestions on some questions please.
1. I have a 1 year old son , whether a direct flight or a transit flight is better ? I am planning to land in the month of May at Vancouver.
2. Which airlines is better.
3. What all stuff to carry from India , like clothes, pulses, spices utensils etc
4. House- should I book in advance or should I search after landing.
5. Which bank to choose in Canada for money transfer and should I open a A/C from India ?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Dear All

who have got their passports stamped and planning to fly and people who are already landed, I need suggestions on some questions please.
1. I have a 1 year old son , whether a direct flight or a transit flight is better ? I am planning to land in the month of May at Vancouver.
3. What all stuff to carry from India , like clothes, pulses, spices utensils etc
5. Which bank to choose in Canada for money transfer and should I open a A/C from India ?
The perennial existential questions- I'd suggest you to please use your 'search' button as this has been asked numerous times>

1. A subjective query: Some choose to travel direct to save time, whilst some tend to change planes. Either ways, whichever helps you feel well-rested should you be your choice. I'd go for as direct as possible so as to ensure you get some sleep along with your tiny tot.
2. Suggest you to please search this thread- Understand that there are pre-eminent Indian stores there.
3. Airbnb initially followed by a long-term stay in a condo/apartment/basement as per your needs. Airbnb is a stupendous choice for short-term as you may not be able to get others as they demand credit history etc
4. Barring BMO, and to an extent CIBC, gather all the other banks in Canada (part of the Big 5) are exemplary.You may also choose to try Tangerine OR Simplii as these are online banks with no charges. Try getting around 5-6k in hard cash and the rest either in Forex Card.

Hope the aforesaid helps.

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Dear All

1. Small child get cranky when confined, transit is better. Layover should be about 3-4 hrs. Kids when get off plane might use rest room at wrong time. Also there might be airport rush. Always good to have extra time on hand if traveling by economy

2. BA , best baggage allowance, best early check-in policy, European, dreamliners, no transit visa requirements if airport remains same. Read my post on air ticket a few pages back on this thread only.

3. Clothes and typical utensils countable like cooker, kadahi thats it, as they are costly in Canada. Check amazon.ca , rest all you will get there. Winter clothes buy from Canada, buy branded interview clothes , regular casual wear and inner wear and thermals from India.

4. Check air bnb and kajiji . Booking before landing is always better. Believe me. Response is slow so look extensively. Don't look at down town instead look for away and near to train and subway.

5. Best Is to open an account from India and transfer your fund. Safe , cheap to transact. Find a post on same a few pages back in this thread only by me. RBC is the most responsive and no.1 bank of Canada

anchan13

Jan 8, 2018
1. Small child get cranky when confined, transit is better. Layover should be about 3-4 hrs. Kids when get off plane might use rest room at wrong time. Also there might be airport rush. Always good to have extra time on hand if traveling by economy

2. BA , best baggage allowance, best early check-in policy, European, dreamliners, no transit visa requirements if airport remains same. Read my post on air ticket a few pages back on this thread only.

3. Clothes and typical utensils countable like cooker, kadahi thats it, as they are costly in Canada. Check amazon.ca , rest all you will get there. Winter clothes buy from Canada, buy branded interview clothes , regular casual wear and inner wear and thermals from India.

4. Check air bnb and kajiji . Booking before landing is always better. Believe me. Response is slow so look extensively. Don't look at down town instead look for away and near to train and subway.

5. Best Is to open an account from India and transfer your fund. Safe , cheap to transact. Find a post on same a few pages back in this thread only by me. RBC is the most responsive and no.1 bank of Canada
thank you

nulife@canada

Feb 9, 2018
A question to all members who have got PPR recently..

Do we get PPR email only on email ID shared or does it go to email ID + appear in CIC account message section and status also gets updated to reflect 'Updated' instead of submitted?

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
A question to all members who have got PPR recently..

Do we get PPR email only on email ID shared or does it go to email ID + appear in CIC account message section and status also gets updated to reflect 'Updated' instead of submitted?
PPR mail comes only in your registered mail ID. Check spam as well from time to time. All the best.

nulife@canada

Feb 9, 2018
PPR mail comes only in your registered mail ID. Check spam as well from time to time. All the best.
Thanks for the response Anjali. Guess for the applicants going through consultants then, its worthwhile to keep chasing them to check as soon as they get IP2 every few days.

So even on the page where we have ITA and PR application mentioned, the status continues to remain just 'Submitted'?

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
Thanks for the response Anjali. Guess for the applicants going through consultants then, its worthwhile to keep chasing them to check as soon as they get IP2 every few days.

So even on the page where we have ITA and PR application mentioned, the status continues to remain just 'Submitted'?
Name is Anjani dear. Anyways, yes the status remains same to submitted even after you receive your PPR. It will only be changed after your Passport is stamped and COPR is issued.

nulife@canada

Feb 9, 2018
Name is Anjani dear. Anyways, yes the status remains same to submitted even after you receive your PPR. It will only be changed after your Passport is stamped and COPR is issued.
Thanks Anjani and apologies for addressing you incorrectly earlier.

I wish you all the very best in your journey ahead!

Reactions: Anjanirai

nulife@canada

Feb 9, 2018
With so many IP2's on 27th Feb, I am expecting to see a downpour of PPR's today / this week but then shouldn't it have started atleast drizzling by now? I see no updates on trackers !!