+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 PR CARD APPLICANTS TIMELINE

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
my wife submitted her photos when she was asked along with her passport for a new PR visa. she is going to enter canada in 2 days and will give her landing. When she submitted her pic at the visa office, they didnt say anything about the picture. But she thinks that the picture is not upto the specification as outlined. like the shoulders are not so clearly visible and so on. What do we need to reduce time/delay for the PR card as she would be travelling immediately after her landing in a week or so and then come back in about 1.5 months time. do you guys think she will get her PR card by then

pet6121

Feb 14, 2010
She is going to need new photos when she does the landing. Ask her to get 2 new photographs according to new specifications and have them ready for the immigration officer at landing time

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
Anyone had to pick up their card in Toronto - specifically someone living in the Chinatown/Queen West area? None of the CIC mailings are getting to me and I thought I would drop by and see what's up as they told me I was going to get an appointment to pick my card up.

Is the St. Clair office where they have you go now?

penguin23

Nov 23, 2016
Hello! This is my timeline so far.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 23, 2016.
2. We started processing your application on October 7, 2016.
3. We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They sent me a letter asking for a photocopy of my passport. "The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed and additional information is required before our final review can be completed. We will endeavour to finalize your application as soon as possible."

There is NO mention of secondary review. I checked forums and people were sent similar letters but with the words 'secondary review'. I'm so confused. I called the call centre but they could not give me an answer. Am I under secondary review or not?

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
penguin23 said:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 23, 2016.
3. We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They sent me a letter asking for a photocopy of my passport. "The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed and additional information is required before our final review can be completed. We will endeavour to finalize your application as soon as possible."

There is NO mention of secondary review. I checked forums and people were sent similar letters but with the words 'secondary review'. I'm so confused. I called the call centre but they could not give me an answer. Am I under secondary review or not?
In my opinion you are not in secondary review. Send them colour photocopy of Passport.

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
penguin23 said:

I received the same letter and within next week got a second letter saying they have put my file in secondary review and that too without even submitting passport copies yet

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
JimSharp said:
Anyone had to pick up their card in Toronto - specifically someone living in the Chinatown/Queen West area? None of the CIC mailings are getting to me and I thought I would drop by and see what's up as they told me I was going to get an appointment to pick my card up.

Is the St. Clair office where they have you go now?
So, I had not received my letter with my appointment time, and again wrote to the CIC via the on-line help system, and they told me my card actually had not yet been sent to the local office, but was still currently in "card production" (which is where I was told it was when I first called back in the end of Sept.) Anyone else ever heard of card being in "card production" for 2 months? I'm wondering if things fell between the cracks at some point of if it really can take that long?

time line:
PR card renewal:
Received July 13
Process began Aug 18
Current card expired Oct 5
Multiple calls/emails giving me different info
Latest info: Approved and in "card production."

I'll let everyone know when I find out more, meanwhile, I suggest applying a good 6 months in advance of card expiring in case things get weird. I obviously did not leave enough time for whatever is going on with my card.

returningPR2016

Nov 25, 2016
This is my timeline for renewing/obtaining a new PR card as returning PR (using a PRTD to return) after accompanying my Canadian spouse abroad for several years.
Obtaining the PRTD went really smoothly, however I only got a single-entry Visa despite asking for a multiple entry one. Once in Canada I immediatey applied for a new PR card.
Here is my timeline with some comments:

Online status timeline:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 18, 2016.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 22, 2016.

3. We started processing your application on August 22, 2016.

4. We sent you a letter on September 19, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
The letter was eventually only sent and arrived in November after several phone calls and contacting CIC online after normal processing time had passed.
In turned out to be original documents that were sent back to me. The letter was dated September 19. However, the post stamp was dated November 15.

5. We sent you a letter on November 14, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
This letter (this time by email) was to inform me about an issue with my middle name and additional documents were requested that I then sent in by Email.

6. We sent you a letter on November 15, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
This was a letter via Email stating that the letter from September 19 had actually been sent and must have been lost by Canada Post (hard to investigate without a tracking number). Interestingly, the post stamp of the letter from September 19, when it finally arrived, was dated November 15th.

I have not received any more feedback or online updates since then.

November 25, 2016: Out of the blue my PR card arrived in the mail. ;D

So, I can only recommend to stay patient and play the waiting game and follow the instructions. I was totally in the dark from July until November and then again from the request of additional documents on until the card showing up in the mail.

olayinkabid

Aug 15, 2016
HELLO EVERYONE, I have a question pls, i landed in Canada with 2 kids on 19th of October 2016, (Family sponsorship) my husband is a citizen, today Dec 1st 2016, we got my pr card in the mail, but we didn't get the kids card, does anyone have any idea why that is, the kids are ages 3 and 5.

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
olayinkabid said:
HELLO EVERYONE, I have a question pls, i landed in Canada with 2 kids on 19th of October 2016, (Family sponsorship) my husband is a citizen, today Dec 1st 2016, we got my pr card in the mail, but we didn't get the kids card, does anyone have any idea why that is, the kids are ages 3 and 5.
Thts oki it has happened with ppl. It will cum within a wk

SPK_IND

Star Member
Nov 30, 2014
Hello friends, I have gone through some of the posts in this thread you all are talking about ECASE. kindly tell me the site where I can check status of my PR card. Because my ECAS has stopped as complete when I got COPR

I landed on 13th October and since then waiting for PR Card to be delivered

Kindly help so that I can too check the status online

Regards
:)

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
I created a inquiry online for my PR card (application submitted Sep 28 2016) since I passed processing time. I got a reply saying your card is issued but needs to be "picked up" at local office. But the email also says Please wait for the appointment before going to the office and that local office will contact you to tell you when to pick the card up.

Here is the language:
"We have verified the status of your file and your card has been issued. It was sent to the local office responsible for your area.
The office will contact you to tell you when to pick it up. Please wait for an appointment before going to the office."

What does this mean? I have to wait for an email/mail/phone call or do I have to book an appointment somewhere with my local office? I am confused. Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks..

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mshaikh said:
I created a inquiry online for my PR card (application submitted Sep 28 2016) since I passed processing time. I got a reply saying your card is issued but needs to be "picked up" at local office. But the email also says Please wait for the appointment before going to the office and that local office will contact you to tell you when to pick the card up.

Here is the language:
"We have verified the status of your file and your card has been issued. It was sent to the local office responsible for your area.
The office will contact you to tell you when to pick it up. Please wait for an appointment before going to the office."

What does this mean? I have to wait for an email/mail/phone call or do I have to book an appointment somewhere with my local office? I am confused. Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks..
You have to wait for appointment letter from your Local office which take round one month from the date when PR card dispatched to them. But if you didn't received letter than contact call centre. Keep in mind Canada post is not very much reliable.Regards

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Need advise on Urgent processing of PR card.
CIC sent wife's PR card to wrong address, I called them, they told we should fax "Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Never-Receivd PR card", and now they are reviewing applications from Sept 16 :eek:.
We have a travel ahead and it's frustrating to reschedule every thing because of their mistake :(.
Could you let me know about any urgent option for processing?