+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER (Openning on May 1, 2014)

gaurav.dudhat

May 12, 2014
Hi All,

I wish to apply for Canada immigration under FSW program under categories - 2173 or 2174.

My IELTS exam date is on 7th of June. So I would be able to apply at the June month end the earliest.

Can anyone predict the cap filling time for NOC 2173 and 2174 ?

Also, from where can I check the current cap status? I do have the link of CIC site, but they are not updating it even on weekly basis I guess.

Please suggest...

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
gaurav.dudhat said:
Hi All,

I wish to apply for Canada immigration under FSW program under categories - 2173 or 2174.

My IELTS exam date is on 7th of June. So I would be able to apply at the June month end the earliest.

Can anyone predict the cap filling time for NOC 2173 and 2174 ?

Also, from where can I check the current cap status? I do have the link of CIC site, but they are not updating it even on weekly basis I guess.

Please suggest...
Hi, 2174 appears to be the hottest NOC and I guess 2173 is relatively hot too. You have to speed up your application to be in cap. CIC have not updated the list of received applications and no one knows when they will do it. Let's hope for the best, cheers.

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Could someone help me with IELTS score calculation.
It is not usual question.
I know how it transfer to points according to CLB table.
But question is :
What if I passed exam twice?

First time I recevied:
L: 7
R:6
W:7
S: 6.5

Second time:

L:8
R: 6.5
W: 6
S: 7

Is it possible to consder higher scores in each exam?

I mean:
R:6.5
S:7

Indeed, I need to obtain 23 points from IELTS due to my age.

Has someone had such experience?

patelbhavik

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
itexpert said:
Hi all,

Could someone help me with IELTS score calculation.
It is not usual question.
I know how it transfer to points according to CLB table.
But question is :
What if I passed exam twice?

First time I recevied:
L: 7
R:6
S: 6.5

Second time:

R: 6.5
W: 6
S: 7

Is it possible to consder higher scores in each exam?

I mean:
R:6.5
S:7

Indeed, I need to obtain 23 points from IELTS due to my age.

Has someone had such experience?
No you can't take highest scores from two exams. You can claim only latest exam. Thats as per my knowledge.

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply.
It means that I have to pass IELTS exam again :(

Is there any official information regarding to the point?

patelbhavik

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
No, you need not to pass ielts again.

your last ielts score is valid if it is not more than two years old.

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I already told, I need 23 points for English.
And my last exam brings me just 21.
That is why I asked if it is possible to consider highest results from both passed exams.

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ wael.ot I need some clarification:

I am planning to apply for FSW 2014. I have couple of questions.
1. I am working as a civil engineer for 2+ years. While I was studying I was working as a teaching assistant and a research assistant both jobs were in civil engineering department and both jobs were paid. I would like to ask you if I can use those experiences as well so I can get more points?
2. I studied in the USA from 2004 to 2012. Now I am working in Nepal. How do I get the police report from USA? Also, can I submit the police report after I submit my application? My wife did he bachelor from India and how do I get a police report from India?
My details:

IELTS: L:8.5, W:6.5, R:7.0, S:7.5 overall: 7.5
ECA done masters
Wife's sister in Canada PR
Work Experience: 2+ years without TA and RA and internships

I calculated 72 points.. Am I correct?

There is no announcement if CIC will stay use FSWP score system or they will change it., but if they don't change it, your points will be as follow:
1. English 20 points
2. Education 21 points
3. Age 12 points
4. Experience 11 points
5. Adaptability 5 points for relative, and you may earn another 5 if your spouse get IELTS (L4.5, R3.5, W4, S4)
Total score 69 without spouse IELTS
you are eligible without it

===============
Why you have calculated only 20 points for IELTS. I think he has 23 points. Isn't it?

nb2340

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Sept'14
Nomination.....
PER-30th Dec'14
Med's Request
20th Mar'15
Med's Done....
28th Mar'15__3RD Line &gt;11th Apr'15
Passport Req..
21st May'15__DM&gt;22nd May'15
VISA ISSUED...
19th Jun'15
LANDED..........
31st Jul'15
Hi all NOC 0112 Applicants,

I am planning to apply for FSW.I have booked for IELTS exam on 21st June and results will come by 2nd week of JUly.Just curious to know from your experiences:

1. whether this CAP will remain open by that time :'(

and

2.If someone who has given IELTS can please guide me where to start from ,which is the best mock test series available and which reference books to read.It will be really greatful if someone can guide.

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Jango1 said:
If you have already received a job reference earlier, I would suggest you to use the same.
Make an affidavit mentioning to CIC that your company HR is not giving another letter.

Get the letter from your manager about your duties as a mechanical engineer without the letter head - refer in the notarized copy, that your manager is willing to vouch for your duties as a mechanical engineer and**** Clip his business card, along with the letter. All the best ..
Thank you very much for your suggestion. (I know it comes a bit late, my mother is very sick from her cancer -- was away from work).

My manager issued a letter with his official contact details stating that my job duties should be considered as Mechanical Engineer in nature. But he would not give me his business card citing company policy and that the same details could not found on the letter he gave me last year (on letterhead). I also included a letter from myself stating the situation, my and my supervisor's dissertation abstracts showing that both of us were trained as Mechanical Engineer. My lawyer informed me that the documents should be fine but it is still up to the visa office if they would accept it. Just sent the application yesterday, was informed that it should arrive by Thursday. Hope that is good enough to make it to within the cap limit. (Still was told that the chance is very slim -- quota for 2132 most likely filled faster.)

How come there are so many inappropriate ads on the page nowadays???

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
felixtae said:
Thank you very much for your suggestion. (I know it comes a bit late, my mother is very sick from her cancer -- was away from work).

My manager issued a letter with his official contact details stating that my job duties should be considered as Mechanical Engineer in nature. But he would not give me his business card citing company policy and that the same details could not found on the letter he gave me last year (on letterhead). I also included a letter from myself stating the situation, my and my supervisor's dissertation abstracts showing that both of us were trained as Mechanical Engineer. My lawyer informed me that the documents should be fine but it is still up to the visa office if they would accept it. Just sent the application yesterday, was informed that it should arrive by Thursday. Hope that is good enough to make it to within the cap limit. (Still was told that the chance is very slim -- quota for 2132 most likely filled faster.)

How come there are so many inappropriate ads on the page nowadays???
Since you have your supervisor's reference letter as well as a cover letter, you should just hope for the best and send your application. You won't know if it will succeed until you send it. ;) So hope for the best my brother. One slot out out a thousand has your name on it. :D

As for the ads, some people will aways abuse a good thing. Just ignore them until they get banned from the forum.

vanishiwa

Sep 7, 2013
Hi Guys, I applied last year and got UCI # from my returned documents. Should I now put this UCI # to the IMM0008 UCI field?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
vanishiwa said:
Hi Guys, I applied last year and got UCI # from my returned documents. Should I now put this UCI # to the IMM0008 UCI field?
Not mandatory. I know people who applied in 2013 who didn't use the UCI they got in 2012 and their 2013 applications still sailed through.