+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2013 July application tracker to CIO Nova scotia

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
manjit said:
Can you let me know what they said as i got the same email.
Since this correspondence comes from Ottawa, it would be interesting to see if this comes to anyone who applied through a different province.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Our ECAS status just went to Decision Made this afternoon.
Almost time to celebrate.
Wow.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
marcolee said:
YES. I am from VISA exempt country.
If someone is from a visa exempt country, does that mean they do not need to mail their passport in for a visa prior to landing?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
taurus1985 said:
I have seen all cases from ontario
I also wonder if the employees who process the PnP are divided into separate provincial programs.
Like the each group of CIC employees handle just a single province of nominees.

marcolee

Star Member
Jun 5, 2013
hfinkel said:
If someone is from a visa exempt country, does that mean they do not need to mail their passport in for a visa prior to landing?
hfinkel, you are right. you don't need to mail passport to CIC if you are from visa exempt country.
I received my CoPR 2 weeks after decision made.
But, my friend also from visa exempt country was requested to send a copy of passport & photos to CIC before he received his CoPR.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
hfinkel said:
I also wonder if the employees who process the PnP are divided into separate provincial programs.
Like the each group of CIC employees handle just a single province of nominees.
from which province did u applied ?

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
I urge you to reply to them asking about the need for these documents...I along with few people have already done so, at least we would come to know if this is the new requirement for Ontario PNP or if this was an error.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
marcolee said:
hfinkel, you are right. you don't need to mail passport to CIC if you are from visa exempt country.
I received my CoPR 2 weeks after decision made.
But, my friend also from visa exempt country was requested to send a copy of passport & photos to CIC before he received his CoPR.
I am from a very nearby country that is visa free.
My wife is from a somewhat more distant country that is on a Visa Waiver Program list with Canada. I assume this is what is meant by visa exempt?

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
In Regards to the people who have been asked to submit additional references/work experience, this is what needs to be done.

"Hello, Please forward us the email from CIC, please also attach the Provincial nominee program certificate and our file number that was given to you at the time.We are aware of this issue. We have noted this and will communicate with CIC. Please contact CIC directly as well with your explanation Best Regards"

The above is a response from Opportunities Ontario.

Keep me updated if you hear anything from Opportunities Ontario/CIC.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
marcolee said:
YES. I am from VISA exempt country.
Considering that someone from a visa exempt country will not need to hand their passport in for a visa prior to landing, how does one handle their PR photos in this case? I presume the person landing will still need to submit them. Are they still mailed in or do they just bring them with to the point of landing?

Just curious.

Thanks.

Cyntact11

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2013
Nomination.....
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
September 23, 2013
Med's Request
September 23, 2013
Med's Done....
October 6, 2013
Passport Req..
May 5, 2014
LANDED..........
June 7, 2014
Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted on this forum.
I hope almost everyone got their PR already! Congrats to those who are PR now and best of luck to those who are still waiting!

I have received my Passport with visa in May and did my Landing at Carway in June 7.. Now waiting for the PR Card... Which will be another long wait. .

It's good to be back in the forum!