Apr 23 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 11 2013
Med's Request
Sept 17 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 27 2013
Hello

I will be landing on Regina SK airport on aug 11.. Anything that i have to take care off for doing landing on Regina airport??

Thanks

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
skMarch31 said:
Hello

I will be landing on Regina SK airport on aug 11.. Anything that i have to take care off for doing landing on Regina airport??

Thanks
Nothing specific there, I think.

Are you importing anything in? They give you up to a year after landing to bring it. Good time to buy a car in US and bring it over :)
Any goods to follow are reported on a B4A. You can save time at landing by downloading it and filling it out prior to landing.
They will take the completed form with your paperwork. The CBSA officer handling your landing will sign/stamp it and give you a copy of it to keep.
You then have up to a year to bring anything you list duty-free.

We listed only a used car from US and were told we had to keep it for our first year after bringing it in before we can legally sell it.

bluesky19

Sep 11, 2013
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
Jan 03, 2013
AOR Received.
July 04, 2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
RPRF 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
16th Aug 2013
Med's Done....
20th Aug 2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07th march 2014
VISA ISSUED...
27th march 2014
LANDED..........
30 july 2014.. finally !!
hfinkel said:

Are you importing anything in? They give you up to a year after landing to bring it.

Is it that u get get the stuff we wrote on B4 forms only within one year of landing..or anytime we do landing my be after a year or so????
curious to know.. not sure..

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
bluesky19 said:
Is it that u get get the stuff we wrote on B4 forms only within one year of landing..or anytime we do landing my be after a year or so????
curious to know.. not sure..
From what I've read, you use the B4 if everything you're bringing in is with you at landing.
If you want up to a year after you date of landing for anything to follow on, then you use form B4A to declare everything on the day you land that will follow later.

Our form indicates that we have until exactly one year after landing to get it in.

bluesky19

Sep 11, 2013
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
Jan 03, 2013
AOR Received.
July 04, 2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
RPRF 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
16th Aug 2013
Med's Done....
20th Aug 2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07th march 2014
VISA ISSUED...
27th march 2014
LANDED..........
30 july 2014.. finally !!
hfinkel said:
From what I've read, you use the B4 if everything you're bringing in is with you at landing.
If you want up to a year after you date of landing for anything to follow on, then you use form B4A to declare everything on the day you land that will follow later.

Our form indicates that we have until exactly one year after landing to get it in.

thanks so much for the info.. it really helps.. actually i was really not aware of that..

skMarch31

Nov 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Apr 23 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 11 2013
Med's Request
Sept 17 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 27 2013
hfinkel said:

Are you importing anything in? They give you up to a year after landing to bring it. Good time to buy a car in US and bring it over :)
Any goods to follow are reported on a B4A. You can save time at landing by downloading it and filling it out prior to landing.
They will take the completed form with your paperwork. The CBSA officer handling your landing will sign/stamp it and give you a copy of it to keep.
You then have up to a year to bring anything you list duty-free.

We listed only a used car from US and were told we had to keep it for our first year after bringing it in before we can legally sell it.
So all my stuff was shipped yesterday, which included my car and other household stuff. On b4A from should i just mention everything.. How much detail do they need?? Like clothes, toys TV, Car etc or do they want each and every toy listed...??? I am moving from USA and my flight is on 11 aug

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
skMarch31 said:
So all my stuff was shipped yesterday, which included my car and other household stuff. On b4A from should i just mention everything.. How much detail do they need?? Like clothes, toys TV, Car etc or do they want each and every toy listed...??? I am moving from USA and my flight is on 11 aug
I believe for the littles things, you can just summarize on one line:
children's toys $NNN
Kitchen utilities $NNN
TV $NNN

You might consider listing each large set of furniture separately but the smaller items separately:
Sofa set $NNNN
Sofa/End tables $NNN <- (all of them)
Master bedroom set $NNN
Bedroom set 1 $NNN

That sort of thing.
The lower half of the B4A is for big ticket transportation items like a car, RV, trailer. There is a explicit space for VIN#

Just do it that way. The landing officer is really quite helpful. If they need you to break out detail further, they will tell you. Then you will either ammend the form you filled out or start over with a new one. Just takes a few minutes.

We are missing some of the RIV documents for our car.
We do not yet have the letter from the auto manufacturer verifying that our vehicle is in full compliance with recall notices. Still need to put daytime running lights on.
Border officer at landing stated that we didn't need to have the RIV docs at the moment of import and that we could have brought our vehicle with us at landing. The only problem I see with this is then our US auto insurance becomes null and void and using the vehicle in Canada would get a little dodgy at that point until we completed the remainder of the import process. We will keep our vehicle registered down south just a little longer while we finish gathering documents.

skMarch31

Nov 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Apr 23 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 11 2013
Med's Request
Sept 17 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 27 2013
hfinkel said:
I believe for the littles things, you can just summarize on one line:
children's toys $NNN
Kitchen utilities $NNN
TV $NNN

You might consider listing each large set of furniture separately but the smaller items separately:
Sofa set $NNNN
Sofa/End tables $NNN <- (all of them)
Master bedroom set $NNN
Bedroom set 1 $NNN

That sort of thing.
The lower half of the B4A is for big ticket transportation items like a car, RV, trailer. There is a explicit space for VIN#

Just do it that way. The landing officer is really quite helpful. If they need you to break out detail further, they will tell you. Then you will either ammend the form you filled out or start over with a new one. Just takes a few minutes.

We are missing some of the RIV documents for our car.
We do not yet have the letter from the auto manufacturer verifying that our vehicle is in full compliance with recall notices. Still need to put daytime running lights on.
Border officer at landing stated that we didn't need to have the RIV docs at the moment of import and that we could have brought our vehicle with us at landing. The only problem I see with this is then our US auto insurance becomes null and void and using the vehicle in Canada would get a little dodgy at that point until we completed the remainder of the import process. We will keep our vehicle registered down south just a little longer while we finish gathering documents.
That was very helpfull.

Can you tell me what all documents do I need to import the car. And Do i need to do anything to export the car as well. Its already gone with the mover and is on way to canada.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
skMarch31 said:
That was very helpfull.

Can you tell me what all documents do I need to import the car. And Do i need to do anything to export the car as well. Its already gone with the mover and is on way to canada.
I found googled some excellent web sites last year on how to do this.

Basically, to export out of the US, you fax or email a pdf of your car title (us ownership papers) to the US customs office at intended port of entry, requesting the export of your vehicle. They will respond with the standard instruction that you need to keep the vehicle in the US for the next 72 hours. If all goes well, shortly after the 72 hours has expired, US customs will contact you again to inform that you may now proceed to take your vehicle across the border.

At that point, you drive your vehicle to the intended land border crossing, stopping first at the US departure hall on the US side. You present the original copy of your title which you have previously sent the copy of, they pull their own paper copy of your title. After a cursory review of documents, they stamp "EXPORT" on your title. It all takes only about five minutes once your each the US customs counter. Very simple.

Since you have a mover shipping your car, they are most probably handling this exchange.

Once on the Canadian side of the border, you tell the first CBSA border office at point of contact that you are importing your vehicle as a newly landed permanent resident, bringing with you the newly exported US title and the B4A/B4 canadian customs document. CBSA customs will process import paperwork. I believe duty-free but am curious whether the $100 Excise Tax on auto aircon is due and a few other small fees.

Twice three years ago, I attempted to perform a temporary import of my US vehicle. This is allows for up to 36-months, also duty free and in this case, also free of the RIV requirements. But both attempts, I went through the 72-hour procedure on the US side only to drive to the Canadian side and told I didn't need to register my vehicle in Canada even when working long term in the country. I pointed out that the car needed to be registered in Canada, by law, since I live here now. They insisted that many Americans never bother so I shouldn't either. In every case, I was refused the opportunity to even go inside the customs counter in the arrivals hall to discuss the matter. So I aborted the attempt.

Now it's for keeps so I assume the process will go through to completion.

So, documents needed by Canada I believe are:

RIV wants a letter from auto manufacturer stating all recall notices have been complied with. I have tried three times to obtain such a letter from the manufacturer. Their head US office informs me to go to a dealer for this. The two dealers I have requested this for either did not know how to do so or claimed their computer system was inoperable and unable to do so.

RIV also wants to know that the vehicle has daytime running lights and kilometres-per-hour speedometer displayed on an adequately sufficient scale. I don't know exactly what this means or how to establish this with the RIV.

I also do not yet know at what point RIV requirements must be formally met as this was not required with CBSA Customs at point of landing as I had anticipated. So at some point after landing but I suspect before the vehicle is actually register with the Province. Not sure. Or maybe they give you some period of time to satisfy the import with RIV after you register. I am only speculating. Maybe someone can chime in on this if they know details.

At landing, CBSA also informed me that when a vehicle is brought in at landing for the duty-free benefit, that you cannot sell or otherwise dispose of the vehicle until after one year from the day of importation.

That's as much as I know. You can visit the RIV and CBSA web sites for more detail. Again, I also found other web sites that went into good detail on this. I also note there is a pamphlet published by CBSA on how to do so that I see every time I have been at a CBSA arrivals hall at both land crossings and at the Customs office at the local international airport that may also be helpful (perhaps this pamphlet is even available in pdf form on their web site).

Best of luck!

sonix

Aug 8, 2014
Congratulations to all who got their PR!!!

Am new to the form,I applied in July 2013, i have done medical and my ecas changed to in process in february 2014..I haven`t heard anything since then,...not even RFPR...but then it appears most people who applied around the same time as me have gotten DM...should I be worried or should continue to wait..by the way am inland..

thanks,

ak786

Jul 16, 2014
My file is received on August 2013 and in process since Jan 2013 ......................after that nothing........................
I am AINP inland applicant too..................waiting for DM..........................

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
sonix said:

Am new to the form,I applied in July 2013, i have done medical and my ecas changed to in process in february 2014..I haven`t heard anything since then,...not even RFPR...but then it appears most people who applied around the same time as me have gotten DM...should I be worried or should continue to wait..by the way am inland..

thanks,
Welcome!

Everyone seems to be different as to how much time the spend between stages.
We finished our Medicals last October and stayed in "Application Received" state until July 8 this year.
But once that was done, everything went quickly. Each application seems to flow differently.
But if the docs are all simple and complete, in the end the wait time seems to be about the same.
There are exceptions so you never know.

Good luck with it.

sonix

Aug 8, 2014
hfinkel said:
Welcome!

Everyone seems to be different as to how much time the spend between stages.
We finished our Medicals last October and stayed in "Application Received" state until July 8 this year.
But once that was done, everything went quickly. Each application seems to flow differently.
But if the docs are all simple and complete, in the end the wait time seems to be about the same.
There are exceptions so you never know.

Good luck with it.
Thanks hfinkel for your response and encouragement,
I was beginning to loose hope, since I have past the one year mark. I hope things start moving soon..

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
sonix said:

thanks,
One thing that might speed things along more quickly is don't wait for the letter requesting the RFPR Fee. Go ahead and pay it. Then there isn't that to hold the application.

Have you ordered the GCMS notes? They don't indicate directly, exactly, when they will finish. The notes just offer a glimpse into what they have completed and what they are doing with your application.
Here are the instructions on how to obtain them:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/still-no-medical-received-on-ecas-medical-done-2-months-ago-t230819.0.html;msg3342480#msg3342480

sonix

Aug 8, 2014
hfinkel said:
One thing that might speed things along more quickly is don't wait for the letter requesting the RFPR Fee. Go ahead and pay it. Then there isn't that to hold the application.

Have you ordered the GCMS notes? They don't indicate directly, exactly, when they will finish. The notes just offer a glimpse into what they have completed and what they are doing with your application.
Here are the instructions on how to obtain them:
Thanks again Hfinkel, I haven`t ordered GCMS notes. I will order them and will pay RFPR fee.
NB: Sorry I had to remove the link you sent cause when replying your message there was an error message that read "Sorry, you are not allowed to post links."