Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Congrats MsJMo! 10 more days, and then you're a PR! Hooray!

And I said it in 2012, also, but congrats on landing, wortip! It's OVER!

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Congrats on your landing! What time were you at Service Canada? 8:30? 10:30? If you were there at 10:30, we could have chatted together. ;)
My appointment was at 8:30am. It would've been nice to meet you. I believe they called applicants up in alphabetical order so I didn't have to wait too long before landing. My husband and I probably waited longer outside than the entire landing process itself.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
wortip said:
My appointment was at 8:30am. It would've been nice to meet you. I believe they called applicants up in alphabetical order so I didn't have to wait too long before landing. My husband and I probably waited longer outside than the entire landing process itself.
Ah, that's why I was called lastly. My family name starts from O.

By the way, though I think you had sent 2 photos for PR card, did your officer give back 1 photo to you? My officer pasted 1 photo on the COPR which CIC keeps, and returned 1 photo to me. I can't feel at ease until I receive my PR card.

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Ah, that's why I was called lastly. My family name starts from O.

By the way, though I think you had sent 2 photos for PR card, did your officer give back 1 photo to you? My officer pasted 1 photo on the COPR which CIC keeps, and returned 1 photo to me. I can't feel at ease until I receive my PR card.
Yes, 1 photo was returned to me. Hopefully we will receive our cards in January.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
wortip said:
Yes, 1 photo was returned to me. Hopefully we will receive our cards in January.
Merci, wortip! Yeah, I guess and I hope that we will receive PR cards until the end of January. :D

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Merci, wortip! Yeah, I guess and I hope that we will receive PR cards until the end of January. :D

By the end of January would be great! Just in time for our anniversary :)

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Hello everyone. I am a quebec born in Canada and my wife is an international student in Montreal. We applied for her PR on Sept 2013 and at the moment it is in the process. We got the CSQ on Oct 2013.

Questions:

When she supposes to get her AIP?
Her student visa will be expired on Feb 2014. Do she has to extend as student? Can she extends as visitor for 6 months? I have my house in Montreal and I work to sponsor her.

Thanks you

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
alexandre1610 said:
Hello everyone. I am a quebec born in Canada and my wife is an international student in Montreal. We applied for her PR on Sept 2013 and at the moment it is in the process. We got the CSQ on Oct 2013.

Questions:

When she supposes to get her AIP?
Her student visa will be expired on Feb 2014. Do she has to extend as student? Can she extends as visitor for 6 months? I have my house in Montreal and I work to sponsor her.

Thanks you
Maybe, she will get her AIP in August 2014. But nobody knows it. The processing times might become shorter than now, or might become longer than now.

Did she apply for OWP with the PR application?

If she wants to go to school more, she needs to extend her study permit before the valid date is expired. If she doesn't go to school and if she doesn't apply for OWP, then, I think she needs to extend as a visitor. In that case, I would ask 1 year to stay in Canada.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Maybe, she will get her AIP in August 2014. But nobody knows it. The processing times might become shorter than now, or might become longer than now.

Did she apply for OWP with the PR application?

If she wants to go to school more, she needs to extend her study permit before the valid date is expired. If she doesn't go to school and if she doesn't apply for OWP, then, I think she needs to extend as a visitor. In that case, I would ask 1 year to stay in Canada.

Thanks you very much for your reply Tomorisu!!! We did not know that we could apply for OWP with the application, that's right we did not apply for it with the PR application. So she will extend her stay as visitor in Canada. Can we extend her visa until 1 year as visitor? If so it would be great. We have enough financial support for her. Thanks you and wait to hear from you :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
alexandre1610 said:
Thanks you very much for your reply Tomorisu!!! We did not know that we could apply for OWP with the application, that's right we did not apply for it with the PR application. So she will extend her stay as visitor in Canada. Can we extend her visa until 1 year as visitor? If so it would be great. We have enough financial support for her. Thanks you and wait to hear from you :)
You're welcome. :)
Whether she can get a visitor visa valid for 1 year, it depends on officers. However, when she applies her extension, she can ask it. I asked 1 year and got it. When I sent my application to extend as a visitor, I wrote the following as a reason; 'I have sent an application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class and I'm waiting for the decision of CIC.' I also attached a photocopy of a receipt of 'Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada', as a proof.

Or, I think that she can send an application for OWP before her study permit expires. In that case, I think that she doesn't need to extend as a visitor.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Tomorisu said:
You're welcome. :)
Whether she can get a visitor visa valid for 1 year, it depends on officers. However, when she applies her extension, she can ask it. I asked 1 year and got it. When I sent my application to extend as a visitor, I wrote the following as a reason; 'I have sent an application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class and I'm waiting for the decision of CIC.' I also attached a photocopy of a receipt of 'Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada', as a proof.

Or, I think that she can send an application for OWP before her study permit expires. In that case, I think that she doesn't need to extend as a visitor.
We will ask for 1 year for her to extend her visitor visa. Thanks you again for your great advices and we will do as you told me. For the OWP, I am not sure if we should apply at the moment since we did not apply it with the PR file. Probably we can do it after getting the AIP for her. By the way, she is now pregnant for 2 moths, should we inform the CIC? Thanks you very much for your kindness!!! :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
alexandre1610 said:
We will ask for 1 year for her to extend her visitor visa. Thanks you again for your great advices and we will do as you told me. For the OWP, I am not sure if we should apply at the moment since we did not apply it with the PR file. Probably we can do it after getting the AIP for her. By the way, she is now pregnant for 2 moths, should we inform the CIC? Thanks you very much for your kindness!!! :)
Usually Inland applicants in Quebec can register the RAMQ after AIP. (Outland applicants can't do that.) Though she hasn't got her AIP yet, she might be able to register the RAMQ because she is pregnant. (I'm not sure this. Please call to the RAMQ.)

In the letter of AOR, CIC says this:
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100.

If she gives birth a baby during the processing of PR, you should inform it, though....

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Usually Inland applicants in Quebec can register the RAMQ after AIP. (Outland applicants can't do that.) Though she hasn't got her AIP yet, she might be able to register the RAMQ because she is pregnant. (I'm not sure this. Please call to the RAMQ.)

You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100.

If she gives birth a baby during the processing of PR, you should inform it, though....

Thanks you very much for your quick reply. I will call the RAMQ tomorrow about that. If she can register for that, it will be so great since we will not need to pay everything related to her pregnancy as well as our newborn.
I will inform the CIC as well once she doesn't get yet the PR. You are very helpful and I would appreciate for your kindness, thanks you again :)

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Tomorisu said:

I already called to the RAMQ and they told me that my wife needs the AIP to apply for the RAMQ card. However after applying, she will be covered from the 1st day for her pregnancy and delivery for our new born. Now we have to wait for the AIP and wish they will process it quicker :)