05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
jg84 said:
Did you receive it by email or through the mail?
email.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
jg84 said:
Ok thanks, I'll have a look out for mine over the next few days.
Here's hoping you get it soon!!!!!!

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
Chickadee said:
We received our AIP today, which means that tomorrow we will go to the RAMQ office to apply for my husband's sunshine card. 8)

Have a great day, everyone.

Kidvicious, when you have some time, please update the spreadsheet with that information. Thanks!
yay! that's a very good news! ;) i am hoping that DM2 will come very soon :), i guess you dont have to worry about renewing your hubby's visit permit :)

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone! I was thinking about the chart which shows our sponsorship timelines and well I thought it could do with improving as it isn't very clear, when looking at it on here.

Therefore I have done a new chart where everything shows correctly and you can see everyone's timeline easily. The link is here: http://sdrv.ms/XEmSS7

If any changes need to be made, please let me know.

I have put a link for the chart in my signature so that it is always available.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Chickadee said:
We received our AIP today, which means that tomorrow we will go to the RAMQ office to apply for my husband's sunshine card. 8)

Have a great day, everyone.

Kidvicious, when you have some time, please update the spreadsheet with that information. Thanks!
Can we get it only with the AIP ????!!! I thought you had to wait for the OWP or soemthing else, so that means I can go do it as well?? yeeeiii

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Loops said:
Can we get it only with the AIP ????!!! I thought you had to wait for the OWP or soemthing else, so that means I can go do it as well?? yeeeiii
All you need is CSQ and AIP.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Chickadee said:
All you need is CSQ and AIP.
Really???!! AWESOME!!! I'll go now to check on the website to see what do I have to bring ... I had no idea! I thought you had to wait untill almost the end to get it :) Tnx for the info!! :)

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
Loops said:
Really???!! AWESOME!!! I'll go now to check on the website to see what do I have to bring ... I had no idea! I thought you had to wait untill almost the end to get it :) Tnx for the info!! :)
yup you can now apply for health card, bring a copy of your aip (if email, just print it) and your csq, then proof of address, your lease. Then i think you just need to pay 10.50 something for your picture. Your health card will be valid only for 1 year. When you get your dm2 and receive your COPR after your landing interview, you can renew your health card right away for a longer expiration date with no charge since RAMQ will use your previous photo (good for 4 yrs i think).
Congrats!!!

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
lyn28 said:
yup you can now apply for health card, bring a copy of your aip (if email, just print it) and your csq, then proof of address, your lease. Then i think you just need to pay 10.50 something for your picture. Your health card will be valid only for 1 year. When you get your dm2 and receive your COPR after your landing interview, you can renew your health card right away for a longer expiration date with no charge since RAMQ will use your previous photo (good for 4 yrs i think).
Congrats!!!
Thanks for the info!! Silly me I got a private insurance since I thought I was not going to get it until the end of the process ... and Im so against not having a medical insurance or any type of 'just in case' medical protection. Having my card from RAMQ before I thought is definitely going to save me a few $$$ You guys rock!! :p

sbea026

Feb 3, 2013
Quebec
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
To those that just got their AIPs congrats!!! Also did you mail your CSQ to the CIC?

If my AIP arrives within the next 4 weeks I can get my Quebec Health Insurance before my current travel insurance expires(June), crossing my fingers!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
Thanks for the info!! Silly me I got a private insurance since I thought I was not going to get it until the end of the process ... and Im so against not having a medical insurance or any type of 'just in case' medical protection. Having my card from RAMQ before I thought is definitely going to save me a few $$$ You guys rock!! :p
The private insurance is still going to be beneficial to you, you are aware that unless your country has a reciprocal health care agreement with Quebec, you have to wait 3 months to get the health insurance card, from the day you apply for RAMQ. At least it isn't 3 months from when you get PR though.

I know this because I checked out health insurance when I first arrived in Canada and I have an American friend who was sponsored and he had to wait 3 months.

Official info

Generally speaking, if you arrive in Québec from outside Canada, even if you are a Canadian citizen, you will be eligible for the Québec Health Insurance Plan after a waiting period of up to 3 months following your registration.

Agreements with other countries (no waiting period)
The Québec government has entered into reciprocal social security agreements, which include a health component, with the following countries:

Belgium; Denmark; Finland; France; Greece; Luxembourg; Norway; Portugal; and Sweden.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
CSQ issued 22-2-2013, and CSQ received 27-2-2013! :D

I'm worried that my mistakes will still come back to haunt me (police certificate sent just TODAY to FBI - I screwed up! and medical not done yet, but I have one scheduled), but it still feels good to see visible proof of progress.