+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Tobbie said:
Hi guys, the immigration finally came into a decision refusal of our application due to 1 reason the sponsor didnt meet the necessary lico but they stated the right to appeal, and that they will send our papers to our local visa office for consideration. What does that mean? Im really saddened by this.
Hi Tobbbie,

Sorry to hear that i would agree with Another immigrant !! That's best i can think of !!! just double check your LICO first to make sure....

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Rrasoda said:
Hi another immogrants ,congrats for passport request . I just read it today .
Thank you!

Ottawa is super delaying in stamping Visa as compared to New Delhi

New Delhi do it in 3 - 7 days. Ottawa, passport is with them since two weeks, still waiting :(

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Still waiting for passport to come back

In the mean time can someone please tell about PR process at Rainbow Bridge?

Or other post near by Toronto

thanks

Merl

Nov 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

I need some help urgently in answering this question.

Immigration Canada in Sri Lanka has approved my parents and brother for permanent residence and have asked them to submit passports for issuance of the PR visa. However we received two letters- one that stated the passports can be submitted in Sri Lanka and another that stated it can be submitted in Ottawa, canada.

My question is: 1)Can my brother (who is a dependent under my parents and has a student visa here) submit his passport separately in Ottawa where as my parents submit theirs in Sri Lanka? IS it ok to submit them SEPARATELY to two different locations?

2)How does the 'landing' process work for my brother as he is already in the country where as my parents will be travelling by air to Canada? Can he meet them at the immigration section at the airport so they can all 'land' together?

thanks in advance for your help!!

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
Just got my CCR request, how long do you guys think it takes after that?

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
Another-Immigrant said:
Still waiting for passport to come back

In the mean time can someone please tell about PR process at Rainbow Bridge?

Or other post near by Toronto

thanks
check this link created by Rossei. it is very useful

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flagpole-experiences-parents-landing-t462476.0.html

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi Everyone,

Finally the day was yesterday,

Got Passport back from Ottawa and Canada Post.

I know it was snow storm warning in Niagara falls and GTA. But i took a little risk, drove from Brampton to Niagara falls in the evening and completed PR process at Rainbow bridge, for my Mom.

CBSA officer, said she can not fly out of country until she got her PR card. PR card may take from 2 to 8 months. I think i heard 8 months.

Does has any one has any idea, if i can request CIC to expedite PR card process by showing, travel ticket ? . I heard people do that.

CBSA officer was not very helpful. No smile on face... But yes she at least congratulated my mom for PR. That is ok :)

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Sorry forget to add

Again, I am really really thankful to all you who helped me. It was great help from all of you guys esp, quresa1,kcdasoju,farah242,ravi@yahoo,psAug2010 and aresham.

Sorry if had missed any name

Thanks again and I wish all the best for everyone

dhwanil18r

Mar 15, 2017
Any timeline of, How many months it may take for File Transfer after Sponsor approval received.

I received my approval on Oct 5th,2016. No update since then. Should I contact CIC for an update. Its very hard to get live agent on CIC nowadays.

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
dhwanil18r said:
Any timeline of, How many months it may take for File Transfer after Sponsor approval received.

I received my approval on Oct 5th,2016. No update since then. Should I contact CIC for an update. Its very hard to get live agent on CIC nowadays.
You should have received some communication regarding PCC and Medical by now. Where is your visa office? what is your online status showing?

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
dhwanil18r said:

Hi Dhwanil18r,

You should have received something by now already. as other members rightly told u, you should contact Visa office right away. I would also raise concern with Your local MP about the same. we have had some of the other members having same issue...after raising concern with your local MP, some times things start moving....u never know....I would definitely contact both, CIC and MP........Most 2011 cases have already received / passed medicals by now......start pushing them about the status.....!!!!! without any delay....
best thing to do, is contact them early inthe morning, around 8.00am EST or late inthe day around 5.30 /6.00 pm ESt...you have to be on hold, for atleast 30 minutes or so before you can get a live agent on the phone.....just be patient and keep calling them...

dhwanil18r

Mar 15, 2017
Thanks Hirak24 and rightback,

I don't see file is transferred to any visa office after sponsor approval on Oct 5th. As Hirak suggested, I should have tried and tried contacted CIC and then forcing through MP. Vl keep you updated. Looks like my file is in back shadow already.

Thanks guys

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
dhwanil18r said:

When you got approval email/Letter, there is information that your file is transferred to Visa Office named (New Delhi OR Ottawa or whatever near to your parents's place)

Is that information is not in that email/letter?

After approval these things happens. ( I am not expert, just telling you from experience)

1. If your parents has dependents, will check if the dependents have Continue education or not?
2. I Could not recall what else CIC check

Yes, there are chances that your file may have lost/closed by mistake

But make you are not missing any emails. As sponsorship is approved on your file, Now CIC won't give you any information, coz file is now for PR for your parents. So check what email address is there on your' parents file have, if you have copy of that file.

In my case MP office is useless. But not harm to contact MP office. But don't rely on MP Office. So request for GCMS notes.
Try to attach file to GCKey or login to My CIC account to check if there is any update