Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Hi Guys ,

Please email and remind minister about the promise to fast track parent’s immigration.

Minister@cic.gc.ca

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ksenya said:
Any news guys?
Well they are busy taking care of refugees not the people like you and I who are already here and our parents whose applications are pending for almost 5 yrs.

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
sungeus said:
Well they are busy taking care of refugees not the people like you and I who are already here and our parents whose applications are pending for almost 5 yrs.
Hi Sir,

We are the citizens who are waiting for our parents to re-unite with us. We have hope that new government will fast the process as promised and end this wait time which is too much.

I have sponsored my parents in (Type month and years) been more than (no of years we are waiting) years and still waiting.
Here is my UCI number : (UCI no)

Do you have anytime updates approximately how much more we have to wait.

Thanks,
your name

send this to Minster

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
sungeus said:
so true. it seems the new govt only has one immigration agenda. Refugees

They seem to forget how long some of us have been waiting in this processing queue.

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
soonihope said:
so true. it seems the new govt only has one immigration agenda. Refugees

They seem to forget how long some of us have been waiting in this processing queue.
justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca. We need to email and remind him about promise he made for family class fast processing.

snowflower

Nov 12, 2015
so I just received my mom's information back from her, she signed imm0008. then i realized that her marriage date on the government document is different from what she told me, (apparently back then, they use the wedding ceremony date as the marriage date, not the date that marriage certificate was issued) that means the form is wrong and she already signed. Can I change it by hand and initial it since i am the representative?

Thank you so much for all your help.

his579

Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
July 2016 (Re-med: 07 Sep 2016)
Passport Req..
22 Sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 Oct 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
No news.....Dont know what these guys are doing...

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reallynewbie said:
I think they are busy with Syrian crisis handling.
This govt. has only one and only priority Refugees, NOT jobs or any other matters of concerns to Canadians (us).

You get what you vote for.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Just to uplift the spirits of those waiting from May-Nov 2011.

It seems there is some new movement of 2011 cases in the last few weeks for Jan-April 2011 cases. Along with me another forum member who had applied in Jan 2011 got medical request.

I hope you guys also start to see sponsorship approvals and medical requests on your cases in the new year soon. Jan this year saw a lot of activity with approvals and I hope Jan 2016 is the same for you all.

Wishing you all the very best for 2016 and hoping all our cases are approved quickly.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
As someone from the May-Nov cohort, I definitely appreciate the words of encouragement!

That being said, after waiting for almost 4.5 years - I'm learning to not be overly worked up about how slow this has been be progressing. Not giving up, just not being upset on every small niggly detail or delay; it'll happen when it happens.
As nice as it would be for this to be over with asap, I feel there's much more we have to be thankful for as citizens or PRs. Especially the fact that we have parent(s) to begin with who are around, healthy and living in a relatively safe countries (might not be true for everyone here but you get the jist). Yes they're far away but technology has come such a long way - you can call/text/video chat with them any time you want, virtually free.

There's this unfortunate negativity around refugees right now, even though none of us really can even begin to understand what life is like for them. 25k is a drop in the bucket given our size and this delay (if truly PGP applications are being impacted - no proof yet) too shall pass. I've started to occupy my time/energy/attention on things that actually matter with the realization that even when things look bleak, I'm still doing better than billion others on this planet.

Just my 2 bits ...

soonihope said:
Just to uplift the spirits of those waiting from May-Nov 2011.

It seems there is some new movement of 2011 cases in the last few weeks for Jan-April 2011 cases. Along with me another forum member who had applied in Jan 2011 got medical request.

I hope you guys also start to see sponsorship approvals and medical requests on your cases in the new year soon. Jan this year saw a lot of activity with approvals and I hope Jan 2016 is the same for you all.

Wishing you all the very best for 2016 and hoping all our cases are approved quickly.

krys007

Jan 4, 2016
hi all,

quick question.
when I send back my parents application, I did not pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee for my parents.
that was in mid-October. should I pay it now and send it together with the Police certificate or should I wait when they ask for it.
in December I have received confirmation, that my application is complete

please advise...
ps. I applied on July 2011
thanks

harman85

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18,2011
Doc's Request.
August 12,2015
AOR Received.
January 06,2016
File Transfer...
August 02,2016
Med's Request
October 20,2016
Med's Done....
October 26,2016, Second Medical-November 07,2016
Interview........
AsKED FOR DNA( FEBRUARY 06,2017)
krys007 said:
hi all,

quick question.
when I send back my parents application, I did not pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee for my parents.
that was in mid-October. should I pay it now and send it together with the Police certificate or should I wait when they ask for it.
in December I have received confirmation, that my application (as sponsor) is complete, but no word about my parents...

please advise...
ps. I applied on July 2011
thanks

Hi,

When I send all the additional documents I asked my lawyer if we can pay the landing fee later. He told me off course we can but if we will pay now it will expedite the process. Also When did you receive your AOR? I send my application in mid October as well. I haven't got anything till now. My Application is from may 2011.

Thanks