+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

jzsga1

Jan 19, 2015
So far the cic website says they are processing cases received before Nov 2011. Does that mean the next step for them would be processing the cases submitted in Jan 2014 fairly soon? :)

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jzsga1 said:
So far the cic website says they are processing cases received before Nov 2011. Does that mean the next step for them would be processing the cases submitted in Jan 2014 fairly soon? :)
Yes the next batch of cases processed will be the Jan 2014 BUT the processing of those may not begin for sometime as processing is still very slow. I got sponsorship approval in Jan and my file has been in process since May and still no medical request. I applied in Apr 2011 and each day I wake up and hope maybe today is the day we get medical requests. Yet while each day starts with hope it ends with disappointment as still no medical request has come.

And now the new govt seems to be just focusing all its efforts on the refugees. I hope that doesn't delay our processing anymore.

How long will it take............

jzsga1

Jan 19, 2015
soonihope said:
Yes the next batch of cases processed will be the Jan 2014 BUT the processing of those may not begin for sometime as processing is still very slow. I got sponsorship approval in Jan and my file has been in process since May and still no medical request. I applied in Apr 2011 and each day I wake up and hope maybe today is the day we get medical requests. Yet while each day starts with hope it ends with disappointment as still no medical request has come.

And now the new govt seems to be just focusing all its efforts on the refugees. I hope that doesn't delay our processing anymore.

How long will it take............
Thanks for reply! Once the sponsorship gets approved in Canada, isn't the case sent to local cic office close to parents country and all depends on them? Hopefully 2011 cases can be wrapped up by the new government soon and they can start the next batch! :p

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jzsga1 said:
Thanks for reply! Once the sponsorship gets approved in Canada, isn't the case sent to local cic office close to parents country and all depends on them? Hopefully 2011 cases can be wrapped up by the new government soon and they can start the next batch! :p
Not all cases are sent to local visa offices. My case was transferred to Ottawa.
I do hope our cases are wrapped up soon. The new govt did promise to improve processing time for parent applications and allocate more funds to process our cases. Lets hope that they keep these election promises.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I think CIC would take another 6-12 months to complete all applications before they open any PGP case. Then it could be the first half of 2017 allocated for 2014 PGP and the last half of 2017 for 2015 cases and so on. 2018~19 would be the final years of PR processing.

But if this govt. starts taking 10,000 PGP each year from 2016 or 2017; this will create backlogs again. Add the refugee intake with it.

snowflower

Nov 12, 2015
I send in my mom's sponsorship in July, 2011, received the LOA in Feb 2013, have not hear anything since. I called them 4 weeks ago (took forever to talk to a person), he said they will send out the additional document letter in a week, well that's 4 weeks ago.

my friend applied May, 2010, the parents just landed this summer.

Please help, should I call again? how long does it take them to process my phone call? or I can just wait until the letter shows up.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
snowflower said:
I send in my mom's sponsorship in July, 2011, received the LOA in Feb 2013, have not hear anything since. I called them 4 weeks ago (took forever to talk to a person), he said they will send out the additional document letter in a week, well that's 4 weeks ago.

my friend applied May, 2010, the parents just landed this summer.

Please help, should I call again? how long does it take them to process my phone call? or I can just wait until the letter shows up.
While there is nothing to loose by ringing cic as you have waited 4 weeks, please have a look at my post on page 1 where I have listed all the documents and forms you will need to complete for your mother. While you follow up on that request for additional documents from cic you should begin the process of completing those forms as it can take a while to gather everything.

I do wish your letter arrives soon and know how difficult the wait is to be reunited with ones family.

snowflower

Nov 12, 2015
soonihope said:
While there is nothing to loose by ringing cic as you have waited 4 weeks, please have a look at my post on page 1 where I have listed all the documents and forms you will need to complete for your mother. While you follow up on that request for additional documents from cic you should begin the process of completing those forms as it can take a while to gather everything.

I do wish your letter arrives soon and know how difficult the wait is to be reunited with ones family.
Thanks, I just called them. they said they emailed me but i never gave them my email address, so i gave them my email on the phone, he is going to email me the instruction on how to add my email on my file :((
then 5-10 days for them to process.
oh and i got the email 2 minutes later.

good luck to me and everyone....

snowflower

Nov 12, 2015
hello, I have some questions about update my email address online. it asks for applicant information and enquirer identification. if i am sponsoring my mom, and i want to receive all letters for my sponsorship thru email. Am I the applicant or my mom is? also I am the enquirer?

if I change job, do I need to let them know too?

sorry, i know my questions seem foolish, but i have been waiting for so long, i don't want to make a mistake.

Thank you

snowflower

Nov 12, 2015
Good news! I got the letter that requests for additional documents!!

Now to fill out the immense amount of information!

One of the sections outlined "Travel documents and passports"

It asks :
Submit photocopies of :
-current or expired entry/exit stamps in your national passport, and
-current or expired status documents indicating the date you are admitted and validity

So does that mean that I have to photocopy the stamps in my passport?

And also, the documents that indicating when my mom was in Canada, would that mean, air flight ticket information, boarding pass?

Thanks for the help and replies!
Greatly appreciated!!

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent the copy of whole passport for my parents to avoid any further queries.

snowflower said:
Good news! I got the letter that requests for additional documents!!

Now to fill out the immense amount of information!

One of the sections outlined "Travel documents and passports"

It asks :
Submit photocopies of :
-current or expired entry/exit stamps in your national passport, and
-current or expired status documents indicating the date you are admitted and validity

So does that mean that I have to photocopy the stamps in my passport?

And also, the documents that indicating when my mom was in Canada, would that mean, air flight ticket information, boarding pass?

Thanks for the help and replies!
Greatly appreciated!!

snowflower

Nov 12, 2015
I am sponsoring my mom, and my dad passed away a few years ago. I have included my dad in imm0008 as a dependent, but i indicated he is deceased. do I need to complete imm 5669 background declaration and imm 5406 additional family for my dad? if so, who will sign the forms?

please help, Thank you

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
snowflower said:
I am sponsoring my mom, and my dad passed away a few years ago. I have included my dad in imm0008 as a dependent, but i indicated he is deceased. do I need to complete imm 5669 background declaration and imm 5406 additional family for my dad? if so, who will sign the forms?

please help, Thank you
I would suggest you remove your father from the IMM 0008. At the beginning of this form there is a question which asks how many family members including you are in the application, because it is only your mum then write ONE here. only your mum will then fill IMM 5406 and where she mentions her spouse she will write your dad's name.

Reactions: techie85

snowflower

Nov 12, 2015
soonihope said:
I would suggest you remove your father from the IMM 0008. At the beginning of this form there is a question which asks how many family members including you are in the application, because it is only your mum then write ONE here. only your mum will then fill IMM 5406 and where she mentions her spouse she will write your dad's name.
thank you so so much. I will be sure to update when I receive any news.

good luck everyone