+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
I inbox immigration section new delhi, India on 10 august 2017, today got following reply from them:-

"Application currenty in queue for final review. But we cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized "

Shall i now request MP ,our second medical was received by CIC on 1 may 2017., anyone got same reply ?
Medical passed in first week of April in my case.

I contacted the MP and was given the same information "everything approved. waiting for final review".

MP's cannot really speed up a file, it'll be done when its done. I think that the process now is that someone has to look at the file and make a final decision- If Final Decision is to issue via, the file is assigned to a group of some sort. When this group's turn comes, you'll get a the PPR.

Having said that, i often hear unofficial quota's for family class visa's and all that. So i dont know if files get delayed by months to issue PPR because they have given out the parents visa's for the year. I hope thats not the case.

I have requested gcms notes, should get them in the next week or so. We'll see whats going on then.

harmanmann

Sep 22, 2014
Medical passed in first week of April in my case.

I contacted the MP and was given the same information "everything approved. waiting for final review".

MP's cannot really speed up a file, it'll be done when its done. I think that the process now is that someone has to look at the file and make a final decision- If Final Decision is to issue via, the file is assigned to a group of some sort. When this group's turn comes, you'll get a the PPR.

Having said that, i often hear unofficial quota's for family class visa's and all that. So i dont know if files get delayed by months to issue PPR because they have given out the parents visa's for the year. I hope thats not the case.

I have requested gcms notes, should get them in the next week or so. We'll see whats going on then.
Ok, well explained.
Please share your GCMS notes vital information here ,which may help others too. Thank you.

nawabheer

Jun 6, 2015
Ok, well explained.
Please share your GCMS notes vital information here ,which may help others too. Thank you.
Harman You guys are right.There is a some quota system,which they do not disclose for political reasons.We need to expose it any keep writing to main stream Media. This is discrimination.

harmanmann

Sep 22, 2014
Harman You guys are right.There is a some quota system,which they do not disclose for political reasons.We need to expose it any keep writing to main stream Media. This is discrimination.
Yaa, they had fixed certain number for f this category, but beside this, other thing is the way they evaluate your file, our files are going good ,everything is ok and completed but yet they are pilings our files for no reason and stamping passports of new applicants.
Don't know why ..

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
In my case, It has been 10 months now since the back ground check was started. It still is in progress. Any one else in this forum with similar timelines with the back ground check?
Is it normal for back ground check to take this long? It is just my parents on the application, no dependents.

harmanmann

Sep 22, 2014
In my case, It has been 10 months now since the back ground check was started. It still is in progress. Any one else in this forum with similar timelines with the back ground check?
Is it normal for back ground check to take this long? It is just my parents on the application, no dependents.
Generally, background checks get started after medicals. Please share your case history for further discussion and assistance.

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
Generally, background checks get started after medicals. Please share your case history for further discussion and assistance.
App Submitted : Aug 2011
PCC & Medicals : Jun 2016 (Passed)
Add. Doc Request: July 2016
Doc submitted : Aug 2016
Back Ground Check in progress since - Nov 2016

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Expect another Medical and PCC request as medicals are only valid for a year and PCC for 6 months in most cases. I believe those have to be valid when final decision is made.

The average BG check timeline is 3-4 months but can be longer depending on the applicant history, countries visited, etc etc. Its not black and white in every case.

Good Luck

flurryvan

Star Member
Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
Doc's Request.
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
31-03-2016
File Transfer...
25-07-2016
Med's Request
01-08-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
I would like to ask his incase one of the dependant is not qualified will the immigration inform you by writing or they will tell you at the final decision?

harmanmann

Sep 22, 2014
So, now they will ask for re-medical.
Hiw many applicants ?
Dependent included or not ?

flurryvan

Star Member
Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
Doc's Request.
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
31-03-2016
File Transfer...
25-07-2016
Med's Request
01-08-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
So, now they will ask for re-medical.
Hiw many applicants ?
Dependent included or not ?
Submitted on Sept2011
The names all appear in the application my mom and dad plus 4 dependant bellow 22 years old. They were all had background check and passed medical. They emailed us to wait for the visa section. Does it guarantee that all applicants are included cause there is no information stating that they are all included. The oldest dependant was only 21 yo and 11 mos. during the age lock in period now currently in Canada as caregiver she can apply for permanent residency as she is qualified now. The point is we don't exactly know who are APPROVED. Now she is just waiting for the result and we don't know when

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Submitted on Sept2011
The names all appear in the application my mom and dad plus 4 dependant bellow 22 years old. They were all had background check and passed medical. They emailed us to wait for the visa section. Does it guarantee that all applicants are included cause there is no information stating that they are all included. The oldest dependant was only 21 yo and 11 mos. during the age lock in period now currently in Canada as caregiver she can apply for permanent residency as she is qualified now. The point is we don't exactly know who are APPROVED. Now she is just waiting for the result and we don't know when
Why not have the dependant apply if she is qualified on her own merit. Worst case scenario, she is not approved in family class but has her own application in process. Best case scenario, she gets approved under family class and can then withdraw the second application at any time. At most, you are out the 75$ application fee.

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Just received the GCMS notes this morning.

Everything seems to have been passed.

Last update was June 2017

I see an application assignment due date of January 2018.

so there, seems this year's quota is done and finished. Wouldn't hold my breath for any PPR's for the next 3 months.

flurryvan

Star Member
Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
Doc's Request.
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
31-03-2016
File Transfer...
25-07-2016
Med's Request
01-08-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Why not have the dependant apply if she is qualified on her own merit. Worst case scenario, she is not approved in family class but has her own application in process. Best case scenario, she gets approved under family class and can then withdraw the second application at any time. At most, you are out the 75$ application fee.
Thank u so much for the information. The application for open work permit is 1000 dollars we are just waiting for another month. Then she will apply on her own.

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Thank u so much for the information. The application for open work permit is 1000 dollars we are just waiting for another month. Then she will apply on her own.
Thats quite a bit more than what CIC requires. Does that include paying to an agent of some sort?