started processing my file January 2014
received RQ march 2014
RQ sent April 2014

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi. Drakef 2000

Congratulation and wish you a very happy Canada Day, good to hear about

your oath invitation God had blessed you and your long suffering is over,

do remember us as am still awaiting for next step... nothing to date.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drakef2000 said:
I have got my pink letter today.
Oath scheduled for July 13.
I did my test on June 23 in Scarborough

Finally after 42 month , I am becoming citizen
I just want to say thank you to all people
Helped me in this forum.

Again this is my timeline:
Applied jan 2012
RQ June 2012
Assigned to officer :Nov 2014
Test : June 23/2015
Oath: July 13/2015
congrats drakef2000! Pray for us so we can get it sooner than later. ;)

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
if everyone who had ' referred for level 2 for final decision' is now in the process of ` waiting for clearances...this needs to be finished by JULY/AUGUST..because it is really the last step ! i remember the agent in april told me that.

no other reason for them to delay it....unless the file is sitting there doing nothing once it comes back from clearances done.
amazing21, agent on the phone told you that? or when you passed your test officer mentioned that to you....? thanks.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
I wont take it as a truth, mate. Happy Canada day!
I am sure that they just randomly give him some answer to get him off the phone, its not possible that every time he calls they look into his file as he claims as in our case they clearly say that its their policy to not provide any information on file.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
well i dont know why agents dont give you guys info over the phone..they ALWAYS tell me..AND yes they do look into my file..they ask me every question such full name, client id number , bday, address etc..and after i ask questions they say hold on will check into your file..hold on..and I hear cic music..after about 2 or 3 mins they come back and tell me ' bla bla bla'…..

I never had anyone tell me on the phone that the policy is not to give out any info at all…..i dont call regularly..but about once a month since april.

What he meant was the people who have `referred to level 2 for final decision ' is the last step where a decision will be made ( grant or not the citizenship) but if people have clearances who are about to expire or have expired…it would take a little longer ( 2- 3 months) for the decision because they dont make the decision before every clearance is approved…….But we know the delays exist because clearances can come back and they forget our file and sit there for more months ! who knows……..

but my case he said one of my clearances was expired and they had requested a new one…….that was the final step to do..in fact this guy was the best agent i have ever spoken to..he gave me even the date my RQ was finished read by the officer……

Anyway….i do HOPE things will be finalized SOON...

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called the call center yesterday and the agent refused to give me any information since it has not been 36 months since application (just 34 months ). Maybe I will call again and hopefully I will land on a nice agent who are willing to give information (as was the case many times in the past).

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
ItkExpert said:
I called the call center yesterday and the agent refused to give me any information since it has not been 36 months since application (just 34 months ). Maybe I will call again and hopefully I will land on a nice agent who are willing to give information (as was the case many times in the past).
Really? I find it bizarre you guys are getting this answer from agents…

When I call I usually say : "Hi..in the month of _____" I was told by the agent that my file was " _____"… "my last update was bla bla".." I really want to know what's happening because agent informed me this and so far nothing"…." Please i want to know wha'ts the new update"…..

Or I say " In what stage is it now? online hasn't changed in a long time and the last agent I spoke to..this and that were expected to happen this month bla bla "……..they start asking when i applied, then full name etc..and say ' hold on will check your file."…and they do tell me….

Well Im only going to call now in AUGUST..if nothing happens this month !!!!!!!!!!

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
Really? I find it bizarre you guys are getting this answer from agents...

When I call I usually say : "Hi..in the month of _____" I was told by the agent that my file was " _____"... "my last update was bla bla".." I really want to know what's happening because agent informed me this and so far nothing"...." Please i want to know wha'ts the new update".....

Or I say " In what stage is it now? online hasn't changed in a long time and the last agent I spoke to..this and that were expected to happen this month bla bla "........they start asking when i applied, then full name etc..and say ' hold on will check your file."...and they do tell me....

Well Im only going to call now in AUGUST..if nothing happens this month !!!!!!!!!!
yeah in your case i would not suggest ordering an atip as they indulge u

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
Really? I find it bizarre you guys are getting this answer from agents...

When I call I usually say : "Hi..in the month of _____" I was told by the agent that my file was " _____"... "my last update was bla bla".." I really want to know what's happening because agent informed me this and so far nothing"...." Please i want to know wha'ts the new update".....

Or I say " In what stage is it now? online hasn't changed in a long time and the last agent I spoke to..this and that were expected to happen this month bla bla "........they start asking when i applied, then full name etc..and say ' hold on will check your file."...and they do tell me....

I guess it goes agent by agent. I have called last month and really nice lady answered and gave me new details about my file. And it has also happened to me in the past that agents were informative. On other occasions they were not informative at all - such as in the latest case. The worst was an agent lying to me pretending to look through my file when she actually was not.

The agent which answered to me today was a male agent , which is a minority since most agents are female. I think it is the same agent who answered me few months back and also refused to give me information. (It more of a hunch than actual knowledge but his voice sounded familiar and the fact he is male increases the chances that I am correct ) . if this is the case I hope he will loose his job in the near future.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
I guess it goes agent by agent. I have called last month and really nice lady answered and gave me new details about my file. And it has also happened to me in the past that agents were informative. On other occasions they were not informative at all - such as in the latest case. The worst was an agent lying to me pretending to look through my file when she actually was not.

The agent which answered to me today was a male agent , which is a minority since most agents are female. I think it is the same agent who answered me few months back and also refused to give me information. (It more of a hunch than actual knowledge but his voice sounded familiar and the fact he is male increases the chances that I am correct ) . if this is the case I hope he will loose his job in the near future.
pls don't wish bad things to happen to people, remember, it has boomerang effect.
what goes around comes around.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
pls don't wish bad things to happen to people, remember, it has boomerang effect.
what goes around comes around.
I think it is in the best general interest if this person gets fired. The fact that most other agent do give some information means that there is no procedure or directive forbidding him to give information. Probably this guy is too lazy to verify my identity and look through my file and the easier path for him is to simply dismiss me. Its easier for him but for me is more frustration and uncertainty.

I think not providing the information to the extent allowed for an applicant who has been waiting so long is a bit insensitive and inconsiderate , given that recent applicants are getting their citizenship after less than six months. Thank God most of the other agents are more sensitive and have provided me with information so maybe I will call again next week and if this guy answers I will hangup the phone.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

I just checked my online application status now it says DECISION MADE but i do not see oath date please help me what is going on? it means my oath letter on the way....... or not... this is my story below,

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2012.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2012.
We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.
We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you correspondence on February 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.