+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I could not agree more with you. I am completely hopeless and I am not optimistic as to when you could expect some good news.

I received my ATIP today and there is absolutely nothing new. It looks the officer is still waiting on that entry/exit record that I won't probably receive until maybe in December or sometimes next year.
I am now seriously contemplating introducing a new application but spending another $630 is probably something that I am not willing to do so. Had I put in a new application a few months I would have been done by now and that is what I have been telling everyone that is in the 36+ months range.

ItkExpert said:
seems the clearances are the new excuse for dragging 2011-2013 applicants on and on while 2014 applicants get their oath within 6 months. I have seen some 2014 RQ recipients getting their file done and not to mention the CIT-520 2014 recipient who get oath pretty quickly.

To be honest I don't think the government have interest to give 2011-2013 applicants citizenship before the upcoming elections. The know that many of those applicants hold a grudge against them for the way they have been treated and will probably vote for other parties. So by giving them citizenship and the right to vote they are shooting at their own feet . Realistically, I expect many of us being dragged to the winter with a variety of excuses (renewing clearances is one example) to prevent us from acquiring citizenship in time to vote. But that is just my guess.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
ok i spoke to cic agent today.........nothing new..he said ' they are still working on your clearances'.............last month was ' referred to level 2 for final decision'........

how long do they take for clearances? it seems like they have requested this in early may .....they take too long.........

i hope by july i get this oath letter
wow in your case no need for Atip for sure, as the agents are willing to provide you information over the phone ! truly amazing :)

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
I could not agree more with you. I am completely hopeless and I am not optimistic as to when you could expect some good news.

I received my ATIP today and there is absolutely nothing new. It looks the officer is still waiting on that entry/exit record that I won't probably receive until maybe in December or sometimes next year.
I am now seriously contemplating introducing a new application but spending another $630 is probably something that I am not willing to do so. Had I put in a new application a few months I would have been done by now and that is what I have been telling everyone that is in the 36+ months range.
Djoli, why do you think you got RQ? In my case, I travelled a lot for business.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably because I travelled to the U.S at least 4 times. But these guys over at CIC are so narrow minded that anyone that travels to the U.S is "suspect" which is ridiculous. Every member in my family is a Canadian citizen including my wife that I sponsored to come here. How do you understand that?

Soopergal said:
Djoli, why do you think you got RQ? In my case, I travelled a lot for business.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Probably because I travelled to the U.S at least 4 times. But these guys over at CIC are so narrow minded that anyone that travels to the U.S is "suspect" which is ridiculous. Every member in my family is a Canadian citizen including my wife that I sponsored to come here. How do you understand that?
I am in exactly the same situation like you. My wife who I sponsored to come here already received her citizenship (she got RQ but her case was finalized within a year). This is an apparent pattern I have seen in many cases in the forum: male applicants are subjected to more scrutiny and processing delays than female applicants. It appears that majority of CIC officers are female so maybe they give precedence to female applications - who knows....

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hear you, it is a shame though and unfortunately have no choice but to wait and maybe one day we will get the oath letter.

ItkExpert said:
I am in exactly the same situation like you. My wife who I sponsored to come here already received her citizenship (she got RQ but her case was finalized within a year). This is an apparent pattern I have seen in many cases in the forum: male applicants are subjected to more scrutiny and processing delays than female applicants. It appears that majority of CIC officers are female so maybe they give precedence to female applications - who knows....

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
i tried to fill out the form SPECIFIC CASE ENQUIRY so CIC update my email address and it doesn't work !

it says ' your given name must contain only letters'…..and obviously i know how to spell my given name…..but it doesn't allow me to send and it says it's wrong…..what do I do ?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Please try again some time it happen I have the same issue and after few hours it

was proceed..... my question how long I have to wait 42 months will be completed

in 72 hours ......... tired calling CIC other than contact lawyer and file the mandamus any

other way to over come this waiting time....... My file pending since January 2012

and I can see application of 2015 moving ??

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. Next week going to start along with new month , hope and pray that all

pending files of 2011-2012-2013 to be cleared by CIC and hope that CIC

realized the patient of all applicant waiting for last 36-42 months and

finalize the issue asap.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
if everyone who had ' referred for level 2 for final decision' is now in the process of ` waiting for clearances…this needs to be finished by JULY/AUGUST..because it is really the last step ! i remember the agent in april told me that.

no other reason for them to delay it….unless the file is sitting there doing nothing once it comes back from clearances done.

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
I have got my pink letter today.
Oath scheduled for July 13.
I did my test on June 23 in Scarborough

Finally after 42 month , I am becoming citizen
I just want to say thank you to all people
Helped me in this forum.

Again this is my timeline:
Applied jan 2012
RQ June 2012
Assigned to officer :Nov 2014
Test : June 23/2015
Oath: July 13/2015

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
drakef2000 said:
I have got my pink letter today.
Oath scheduled for July 13.
I did my test on June 23 in Scarborough

Finally after 42 month , I am becoming citizen
I just want to say thank you to all people
Helped me in this forum.

Again this is my timeline:
Applied jan 2012
RQ June 2012
Assigned to officer :Nov 2014
Test : June 23/2015
Oath: July 13/2015

Congrats !!!!! good to hear.......i hope they are working on everyone else's too !
funny you took the test in june this year and oath was pretty quick.....( even though I realized you applied a long time ago).......my test was may/2014 and so far nothing.........it has been 1 year and 1 month after test and nothing for me !!!!!!!!!! but i applied nov/2012.

Also I read today that the ' refer to level 2 ' = citizenship officer........( it won't be a judge !) ..now they can do that...........

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
Congrats !!!!! good to hear.......i hope they are working on everyone else's too !
funny you took the test in june this year and oath was pretty quick.....( even though I realized you applied a long time ago).......my test was may/2014 and so far nothing.........it has been 1 year and 1 month after test and nothing for me !!!!!!!!!! but i applied nov/2012.

Also I read today that the ' refer to level 2 ' = citizenship officer........( it won't be a judge !) ..now they can do that...........
Not sure how you decided that because file is referred to level 2 officer it won't be further referred to a citizenship judge if the case so requires !