+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
canciti said:
Mine was in Scarborough. The interviewer didn't say anything about the RQ at the end of the interview she just said you will get your oath letter within 2 months and I was so happy that it is coming to an end but then this finger print thing came up
At the time of interview, did the officer say anything about approval of the application or something else?

It seems to be that they might have reviewed your RQ or some part of application after the test/interview and then sent the fingerprint request.

Please submit fingerprints as outlined in the letter.

Good luck!

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canciti said:
What is wrong with CIC :( ?????? The interviewer after the test told me you will get the oath letter within two months and now they sent me a letter for finger prints. Anything to worry about guys??? Is it gonna delay my oath letter, thanks
That doesn't contradict what the interviewer said. You might very well still receive the oath within the time frame they told you. be positive. good luck.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
i am also waiting...im getting annoyed ! my last news were ' referred to level 2 for final decision'..............this was a while ago.......will call them again today , cuz yesterday it was impossible to speak with customer service...

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
i am also waiting...im getting annoyed ! my last news were ' referred to level 2 for final decision'..............this was a while ago.......will call them again today , cuz yesterday it was impossible to speak with customer service...
seriously ! they will provide you information over the phone ? the latest we heard was the call center doesn't provide any information over the phone, have you received your atip ?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi. Once they receive finger print they will issue the oath letter, I have friend

after test/interview he received the finger print and than after few days he got

the oath.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
i NEVER requested ATIP..too lazy………i spoke to cic agent about 5 weeks ago and they told me they were waiting for security check ( mine was expired)……they always give me info over the phone. But since yesterday when I call I get a msg saying its unable to transfer to an agent….i have to keep trying.

I hope that once they get my security check they will either make a final decision on my case ( or maybe they already have) and are just waiting for security check. I dont know the order , but i hope soon. Sick of waiting.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
i NEVER requested ATIP..too lazy.........i spoke to cic agent about 5 weeks ago and they told me they were waiting for security check ( mine was expired)......they always give me info over the phone. But since yesterday when I call I get a msg saying its unable to transfer to an agent....i have to keep trying.

I hope that once they get my security check they will either make a final decision on my case ( or maybe they already have) and are just waiting for security check. I dont know the order , but i hope soon. Sick of waiting.
What's your timeline?

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi. Once they receive finger print they will issue the oath letter, I have friend

after test/interview he received the finger print and than after few days he got

the oath.
Ok thanks for your reply janoo. Really appreciate that

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
my timeline is here :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dHZt-iVtU0eqE-sUlivk2Q46yma96m1tVl09zrxZ-Tw/pubhtml

What are those 92 days or 120 for some? does it mean after 92 or 120 days they got the oath letter?

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
ok i spoke to cic agent today………nothing new..he said ' they are still working on your clearances'………….last month was ' referred to level 2 for final decision'……..

how long do they take for clearances? it seems like they have requested this in early may …..they take too long………

i hope by july i get this oath letter

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
ok i spoke to cic agent today.........nothing new..he said ' they are still working on your clearances'.............last month was ' referred to level 2 for final decision'........

how long do they take for clearances? it seems like they have requested this in early may .....they take too long.........

You are so smart. How could you convince them to open your file and check it for you? Every time I call them, they refuse to open my file. I assume that u have attractive voice. lool ;D

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
hi..
i never have a problem with agents..they usually answer some of my questions, not all of them..i ask too much lol

i said that i had my last update etc etc and wanted to hear was the new update !!!!!

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. Security clearance take 8 weeks my security cleared but still waiting to hear

from Scarborough office. Seem that now I am senior in this forum.

applied January 2012.
RQ March 2013.
Replied April2013.
File transfer to office November 12, 2014
file transfer to Scarborough April 2014.
Security expired need renewal started april 23, completed June 23, 2015.
waiting for next step ??????

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
ok i spoke to cic agent today.........nothing new..he said ' they are still working on your clearances'.............last month was ' referred to level 2 for final decision'........

how long do they take for clearances? it seems like they have requested this in early may .....they take too long.........

seems the clearances are the new excuse for dragging 2011-2013 applicants on and on while 2014 applicants get their oath within 6 months. I have seen some 2014 RQ recipients getting their file done and not to mention the CIT-520 2014 recipient who get oath pretty quickly.

To be honest I don't think the government have interest to give 2011-2013 applicants citizenship before the upcoming elections. The know that many of those applicants hold a grudge against them for the way they have been treated and will probably vote for other parties. So by giving them citizenship and the right to vote they are shooting at their own feet . Realistically, I expect many of us being dragged to the winter with a variety of excuses (renewing clearances is one example) to prevent us from acquiring citizenship in time to vote. But that is just my guess.

janoo

May 16, 2014
HI... have left with no choice to wait ??? how long I have no Idea...

CIC inform me that I will hear from them very soon ??? what does it mean very soon....