+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
Jabuela said:
Hi everyone did anyone notice that after this week there are only 2 ceremony dates in Scarborough location one is after march break on the 20th of march and the other is on April 9... no dates in between or before.

does this mean that they are slowing down... ? or is there going to be like special invitation to oath,,, if anyone got an Idea please share.

I envy those whom their office is Mississauga they have been busy no long brakes and they have been working to grant them people their citizenship at least just looking at the dates of their ceremony gives you hope that you might be lucky to attend one of those dates.
I don't know how much slower CIC can reach more it is now ....these applications are more than 36 months!!! Just maintaining the frustration!

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It beats me, I certainly cannot understand why they are sitting on these applications. It is obviously a deliberate attempt to slow down these applications that they deem to be "not in their favor" as most of us will never vote for conservatives. No applications should last more than 36 months...we live in a developed country and in most developed countries citizenship applications take anywhere from 1 to 4 months to process.
As I am approaching 42 months in processing, my strategy going forward to is call CIC almost everyday, order ATIP once a week, fill out the case specific form once a week andd maybe that will draw some attention. I would also advise everybody here to do the same, our voices need to be heard, we cannot remain silent when others are getting their oath in 4-6 months we are being unfairly treated.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
It beats me, I certainly cannot understand why they are sitting on these applications. It is obviously a deliberate attempt to slow down these applications that they deem to be "not in their favor" as most of us will never vote for conservatives. No applications should last more than 36 months...we live in a developed country and in most developed countries citizenship applications take anywhere from 1 to 4 months to process.
As I am approaching 42 months in processing, my strategy going forward to is call CIC almost everyday, order ATIP once a week, fill out the case specific form once a week andd maybe that will draw some attention. I would also advise everybody here to do the same, our voices need to be heard, we cannot remain silent when others are getting their oath in 4-6 months we are being unfairly treated.
I agree with you we need to make them hear us, one question what is case specific form ? What is it exactly .

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
Jabuela said:
I agree with you we need to make them hear us, one question what is case specific form ? What is it exactly .
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Check above link for case specific enquiry.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you AK111. I didn't know about this but I am going to fill in this form every week....

Just updating my husband called CIC and he sure made them hear him out, he explained to them that the process is so frustrating for so many applicants and it was unfair for some to get their citizen so fast while others have to wait for years. He asked them what is equality, where are his rights, he told them that he felt he was stuck in a situation that he can't travel and he can't postpon because he knows once he postpon then it will take even longer. He told them that he was ready to go publicly with this... Anyways long story short they replied that they can't do anything about it but they will try see why the delay for ceremony invitation. Also he tried to tell their regular story that there are 10000 applications and all... But my husband cut him off told him the story they told us few years back " if the time pass we will take action" so my husband asked him what action did you guys take I don't see anything. Then only he said he will see what he can do.
As For now I filled the form and I filled ATIP as well and we have an appointment with the MP this evening... My husband deserves to be a citizen as well as many of you... We need to fight back and not let them use our patients. We are human and we got rights no one is better than anyone we are all equal

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How much does it cost to order ATIP? I saw there is a free one and a $5 one which one is right?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Jabuela - I really like that fighting spirit of yours and that is the way to go. We need to continue to put the pressure on CIC so that they know we are being treated unfairly. Unfortunately call centre folks are completely useless as they have no power and they cannot speed up the processing of an application but by calling them regularly and complaining about this situation maybe someone higher up will address the issues. Let us continue the fight.

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
@ djoli & @ jabuela .... I am doing the same and contacting the MP more often although I know they cannot do much but just to let them know about CIC !!!
I may send letters to CIC St. Clair directly too.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canciti said:
How much does it cost to order ATIP? I saw there is a free one and a $5 one which one is right?
Just apply the free one or if you don't mind you can apply for both.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Well finally it happened. I got my oath letter today. It will be on March 23rd 2015. 3 years and 3 months and 1 week after they received my original application.

Weirdly the event leading up to this oath was my file was transferred to Mississauga my "home" office even though I've only ever lived in Toronto and the application sat at St. Claire for the longest time.

Also I only received 10 days notice to take the oath. I could easily have missed that letter since I travel a lot for business purposes but fortunately I did not.

Good luck everyone. Hopefully the other 2011 applicants get their's soon.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Mathlete.........

this is a sign that they are slowly getting to the old applications..... they cann't avoid that anyways.............

mathlete said:
Well finally it happened. I got my oath letter today. It will be on March 23rd 2015. 3 years and 3 months and 1 week after they received my original application.

Weirdly the event leading up to this oath was my file was transferred to Mississauga my "home" office even though I've only ever lived in Toronto and the application sat at St. Claire for the longest time.

Also I only received 10 days notice to take the oath. I could easily have missed that letter since I travel a lot for business purposes but fortunately I did not.

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
mathlete said:

Congratulations...

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Quick update: I've lost my record of landing which I require to have with me for the oath. I did some research on the internet and for the most part this doesn't appear to be a major problem. The record was in my desk drawer and appears to have disappeared after a recent office move. I'll continue looking for it (already torn my house apart) and I'll apply for a replacement on Monday.

Does anyone have any experience / knowledge about how this could affect my oath?

Thanks in advance.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I lost mine also and I am not going to request a new one as I was told it could take up to 6 months. It is a useless document, once you have your PR you should be ok. I went to my wife's oath ceremony and they did not even ask her for it so I think you should be ok.

mathlete said:
Quick update: I've lost my record of landing which I require to have with me for the oath. I did some research on the internet and for the most part this doesn't appear to be a major problem. The record was in my desk drawer and appears to have disappeared after a recent office move. I'll continue looking for it (already torn my house apart) and I'll apply for a replacement on Monday.

Does anyone have any experience / knowledge about how this could affect my oath?

Thanks in advance.

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
djoli said:
It is a useless document, once you have your PR you should be ok.
The document is not useless, as you will need it later when claiming your pension. You are supposed to keep it safe.