+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

zeeshah

Nov 8, 2014
They are already here, so have to land by road crossing .

I wish you All the very best in this long process . It has been a long and very patient process for all of us.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
zeeshah said:

I wish you All the very best in this long process . It has been a long and very patient process for all of us.
Congrats to you and have a safe landing and please share your landing experience as well.

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
harjahluwalia said:
which people visa office is Ottawa. they r lucky. soon getting passport request. which people visa office is home country then they need wait. may be between 6 months after request the medical from visa office.

Not sure if that's true. Mine is Ottawa office, almost 3monts for medicals but no PPR.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
zeeshah said:

Congrats!

You don't actually need to cross the border. As far I know, you have to call CIC Call Centre to book an appointment at the nearest CIC office (inside Canada) for landing. Good luck!

Actual Wording:
Please note that if you are already in Canada and have a valid temporary resident status, you now have the option of obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. Please contact CIC’s Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the Citizenship and Immigration office nearest to your place of residence. (You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.)

Ref #1: OB 076 (expired)
Ref #2: OP 7b (current)

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
This is what we received as a response to our case-specific inquiry:

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Please note that the processing times provided to you on our website are an approximation. Currently, your file is still in process and there is no maximum timeframe to finalize an application.
If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.
Please visit our Help Centre for more information.

Doesn't seem helpful at all.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
psAug2010 said:
This is what we received as a response to our case-specific inquiry:

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Please note that the processing times provided to you on our website are an approximation. Currently, your file is still in process and there is no maximum timeframe to finalize an application.
If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.
Please visit our Help Centre for more information.

Doesn't seem helpful at all.
When did you last order your gcms notes. might be worth getting them again to see if there has been any update.
Do you have any idea why your file was sent for secondary review.

I saw yesterday someone post approval of sponsorship on another thread and they were waiting since AOR in Mar 2015 so maybe they will send you some good news soon.

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
soonihope said:
When did you last order your gcms notes. might be worth getting them again to see if there has been any update.
Do you have any idea why your file was sent for secondary review.

I saw yesterday someone post approval of sponsorship on another thread and they were waiting since AOR in Mar 2015 so maybe they will send you some good news soon.
Thanks. We will order gcms notes again.
We received the last notes on January 4th.
The main reason for secondary review is the increase in family size (married and sponsored spouse 3 years after parents sponsorship application).

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
Any idea how much time Canada HC Islamabad takes to stamp Visa and issue CoPR? We have been waiting for 9 days and not sure how much more time it will take.

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Just curious, PPR comes first or eCas changes to 'Decision Made' first? :'( :'(

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Hi guys,
My parents file was transferred to London last week in January 2016 - they are based in Pakistan.

Any idea how long it takes for medical request to come from London office?

I have seen alot of people doing up front medicals - is this something my parents should get done. A bit confused, as reluctant to get something done which isnt requested.

Please respond.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
malikhashmi said:
Hi guys,
My parents file was transferred to London last week in January 2016 - they are based in Pakistan.

Any idea how long it takes for medical request to come from London office?

I have seen alot of people doing up front medicals - is this something my parents should get done. A bit confused, as reluctant to get something done which isnt requested.

Please respond.
The people who have been doing upfront medicals were those who were basically told in their sponsorship approval letter that the file has been transferred to a particular visa office noting that medicals are missing so do upfront medical.

Other people including me and I guess you as well have received the other type of sponsorship approval letter which basically tell you that your file has been transferred to a particular visa office.
When your file is ready to be processed you will be contacted with the medical request,

kona

Aug 17, 2013
soonihope said:
The people who have been doing upfront medicals were those who were basically told in their sponsorship approval letter that the file has been transferred to a particular visa office noting that medicals are missing so do upfront medical.

Other people including me and I guess you as well have received the other type of sponsorship approval letter which basically tell you that your file has been transferred to a particular visa office.
When your file is ready to be processed you will be contacted with the medical request,
I received both upfront and medical request.I chose not to do upfront because I don't see it as a real medical request. It simply says that your file is transferred and your medical was not done. The risk about doing upfront is you dont know how long it will take to ppr. If you wait until medical request, it feels like okay we already started your file and you HAVE TO do this within 30 days.

So by the end, it's up to you. They said it might speed up process but I personally don't believe doing upfront medical will help.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
kona said:
I received both upfront and medical request.I chose not to do upfront because I don't see it as a real medical request. It simply says that your file is transferred and your medical was not done. The risk about doing upfront is you dont know how long it will take to ppr. If you wait until medical request, it feels like okay we already started your file and you HAVE TO do this within 30 days.

So by the end, it's up to you. They said it might speed up process but I personally don't believe doing upfront medical will help.
Thanks for the responses..

Has anyone who has dealt with the London Office confirm how long it took for them to request meds after the file was transferred?