+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Notley said:
Hi Soonihope
Medical of my father was done on 25.5.2015 on contact CIC I was told that every document is ok medical is fine and in order. They are working. Can you throw some light what type of working cic is doing especially when medical done 2 months back is ok and in order and what is back ground chek If you see forum members some have got PPR within 1 month of medical and in our case 2 months have expired and despite cic confirmation of medical is fine, what type of working they are doing and what is background checking. in your opinion how more we have to wait for ppr. father on supervisa since november last and cpc ottawa is looking after the case.
I wish I could tell you how long. I'd be guessing only CIC know how long each one of us have to wait. I am still waiting for medicals since Jan and many others also at ottawa have received medicals a long time ago, yet others are still waiting for sponsorship approval.

I have given up trying to find logic in this whole process and just hope oneday soon we will all get our visas.

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
guddakaka said:
I sent the enquiry 7 days ago but today when we spoke with IOM clinic again they told us that they sent all the results and if more tests were needed CIC would ask us. Hmmm..... Now, I am totally confused as in my enquiry I already told Visa office about fracture and that my mother cannot come for more tests for 6 weeks. What shall I do now? I am worried about unnecessary delays in my parent's file.
Can somebody please give me a good advice here?

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
guddakaka said:
I sent the enquiry 7 days ago but today when we spoke with IOM clinic again they told us that they sent all the results and if more tests were needed CIC would ask us. Hmmm..... Now, I am totally confused as in my enquiry I already told Visa office about fracture and that my mother cannot come for more tests for 6 weeks. What shall I do now? I am worried about unnecessary delays in my parent's file.
If IOM said they sent the result to cic already, then you just need to wait now for the next correspondence from cic. What I don't understand is what result they sent with regards to your mom since you mentioned she needed additional tests. What tests did she finished? If she finished all the basic tests, maybe that's what was submitted to cic and the additional test will be sent later by cic as medical furtherance if ever they require them. Nevertheless, you also informed cic of the situation. It's not like your mom failed the ME but had an accident/fracture.

Hope someone else can give you better insight. All the best.

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
first_generation said:
If IOM said they sent the result to cic already, then you just need to wait now for the next correspondence from cic. What I don't understand is what result they sent with regards to your mom since you mentioned she needed additional tests. What tests did she finished? If she finished all the basic tests, maybe that's what was submitted to cic and the additional test will be sent later by cic as medical furtherance if ever they require them. Nevertheless, you also informed cic of the situation. It's not like your mom failed the ME but had an accident/fracture.

Hope someone else can give you better insight. All the best.
Thanks for response!
She had all the basic tests completed. They initially asked her to come for more tests (TB related even though she never had anything remotely related to TB) but now they are saying that they sent all the basic tests. I am thinking of putting another inquiry saying that tests have been submitted by IOM

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
guddakaka said:
Thanks for response!
She had all the basic tests completed. They initially asked her to come for more tests (TB related even though she never had anything remotely related to TB) but now they are saying that they sent all the basic tests. I am thinking of putting another inquiry saying that tests have been submitted by IOM
It's up to you but IMHO, there's no need to do that. Better to wait for next correspondence from cic and regularly check your ecas to see when they update it to medicals received. In my dad's case, I only emailed them once regarding the medical, mentioned to them that he started upfront test already, I did not even send the medical info sheet (coz I stupidly forgot) and told them he will maybe finished the exam approx end of April. They did not bother asking me for the info sheet. Come April 30, after a few days not sure exactly, the ecas changed to medicals received. That's my dad's medical experience...

AngelsKiss

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
File Transfer...
04-Mar-2015
Med's Request
27-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
01-Apr-2015 Additional Test: 01-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
28-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Waiting
Not that we are aware of.

toronto30 said:
Hi
does she have any heart , kidney or any other medical conditions?

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Hello everyone,
Just an update. Couple of days ago my application changed to In process from Application received.

MNathan

Jul 23, 2015
My time line is:

Visa Office......: CPP Mississauga ( Parents Sponsorship located in Sri Lanka )
App. Filed.......: Apr 2011
Doc's Request.: Oct 2014
Additional documents requested: Mar 2015 ( As I sponsored my wife)
Additional documents submitted: Apr 2015
CPP decision made: Mar, 2015 ( as per online status)

I called twice to call centre,
1. I wanted to find out why i have not received any letter re decision made as its showing in the system. i was told that it was mistakenly updated in the system and then case worker realised that she needs to request more documents and requested from me as well.

2. I submitted the requested documents on Apr/15 and since then no letters from CIC. so I called them again as i wasn't heard anything from them, They told me that I supposed to get response within 10 weeks from the day they received the additional documents ( when I called them it was 12th weeks). Now its already two weeks passed and no info from them so far.

Is anyone has a same case similar to my case that in the online its showing the status that "Decision made" but your file is still under process. But people who submitted the additional documents requested in Oct 2014, they already received the decision made letter and also their files have been transferred :) to Sri Lanka for further processing, and also they already submitted the medical as well.

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
siki said:
Hello everyone,
Just an update. Couple of days ago my application changed to In process from Application received.
did they update the Ecas status that medical has been received or they just update directly from application received to in process

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
ITS URGENT.
Guys my family didnt receieve any medical request since 8 months but when my sister called today they said that medical was sent on 31st March 2015 which means exactly after 6 months but we didnt receieve it further with that today they asked about additinal documents in whicg they need some marriage certificates and also the prove of sponsers relation with her mother. And they have given 30 days for sibmission of these documents. SOMEONE please tell me what does this even mean because we have noy recieved ANY medical request. ( I hope its a good sign)

amitP

Jan 8, 2015
Finally a good news...yesterday received email from CPC-CTD-OTTAWA for PP submission.

heading of the email says- Ready for Visa- New Delhi and asked to send passports with 2 recent photos through VFS India.

here is the content of email for your reference:

Dear ****************:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

Please provide passports or travel documents for yourself and each accompanying dependant, along with a copy of this letter, to the visa office in New Delhi. Please see the VFS Visa Application Centre (India) website for details on how to transmit your passports to the Canadian High Commission:

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. You passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;

· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;

· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address.

amitP

Jan 8, 2015
first_generation said:
Hi All,

I want to share an update. Have been checking ecas almost everyday since pp submission. Finally, today it is updated to DM. God willing, hoping to receive stamped pp soon!

Regards.
In my case ecas changed to DM and then i got PP request email after 2 days...)

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
lakha said:
did they update the Ecas status that medical has been received or they just update directly from application received to in process
Hey it was changed to medical received in May 2015
. Today it changed to in process and they added a line that they started processing my application on July 20th

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Hi everyone ,
Do u guys know how long it's gonna take for passport request or DM after the status changes to in process

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
amitP said:
Finally a good news...yesterday received email from CPC-CTD-OTTAWA for PP submission.

heading of the email says- Ready for Visa- New Delhi and asked to send passports with 2 recent photos through VFS India.

here is the content of email for your reference:

Dear ****************:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

Please provide passports or travel documents for yourself and each accompanying dependant, along with a copy of this letter, to the visa office in New Delhi. Please see the VFS Visa Application Centre (India) website for details on how to transmit your passports to the Canadian High Commission:

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. You passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;

· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;

· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address.
Congrats. How many days did the letter say you have to submit passports. Is it 30 or 60 days.