+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 wives

empress

Jan 21, 2010
hi..i start Living with some One As a wife,he promiced me then when his previous divorsed is done he ll marry me,,we only have religious verbally ceremony and then we start living together,,forget to tell i havE no immigration status now but applied for humanatrian basis with two kids...so now i know my partner cheat me he has another wife back home plus his divorse is done too and he already Apply for as a Spouse i checked his email and know that his wife got acknowledgment too...in short when i forsed him he is now ready to take his undertaking and want to sponser me but he doesnt to divorse the other one remind u that marriage was done back home my question is that i can marry to him after he is taking sponsership back from other wife

imigrate

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
Polygamy is illegal in Canada, and he could be thrown to jail if found.
Are you legally married to him? Did you have marriage certificate to prove?
It is unlikely that he can sponsor you at this point, since he is sponsoring his legal wife.
If he is currently sponsoring his wife, he will be obligated to provide support to his wife for at least 5 years.
And if he does not divorce his wife, he cannot marry you (since it is illegal), and therefore you will not qualify as dependant for him to sponsor.

empress

Jan 21, 2010
thank U But if he is taking his sponsership back and marriage was not regester here then why he can not married here

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the other wife gets mad and tells Canada immigration that he's married to her as well, then they will find out. If you have lived with him for at least 12 months, he can sponsor you as his common-law wife even if you are not married and even if he is married to someone else.

However, I am not sure that you can trust this guy. He has already gone behind you by having another wife and sponsoring her. How do you know that he will take the other wifes sponsorship back? If he does sponsor her and she arrives in Canada as a PR, even if she never lives with him, he will be responsible for her for 3 years and can not sponsor you during that time.

empress

Jan 21, 2010
thanks for your reply u guys r right he is still not taking her sponsership but now i know that i m pregnent whats my option now i only live with him frm last september u think i m his common law now

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
empress said:
thanks for your reply u guys r right he is still not taking her sponsership but now i know that i m pregnent whats my option now i only live with him frm last september u think i m his common law now
If you have lived with him since last september, you will qualify for common law application this next september. That's after living together for 12 months. Try to get some evidence for when you moved in with him, such as if he added you to his lease, you have gotten mail to his address in september etc.

empress

Jan 21, 2010
thanks leon for your reply he is very smart he didnt put my name anyware with him but my pay statment comes on his address plus hundred of people knows i m his wife coz he introduce me as wife every were except paper and i have pictaure for the wedding too.he told me u gonna b my wife in society no body have to know about other one LEON Tell ME please whats my option if i write down every thing with her wife info too to CIC

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
does he know that you are pregnant? what does he say about it?

is his wife Canadian or other country citizen? writing to cic can help only if she is staying illegal in Canada, but writing to a visa office abroad can make their sponsorship application in doubt related to being not genuine.

empress

Jan 21, 2010
no she is not canadian only her acknowledgement came and i m here from last ten year with all family member really confused

empress

Jan 21, 2010
hey Leon and every body he sign mean taking sponsership back for her wife backhome so whats my option now

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
empress said:
hey Leon and every body he sign mean taking sponsership back for her wife backhome so whats my option now
I don't quite understand what you mean. If you mean that he is sponsoring his wife back home, then there is not much you can do about it. You can make their life hard by telling immigration that their marriage is a sham because he has been living with you and gotten you pregnant. That may cause their application to be denied but that still does not mean he will sponsor you if he doesn't want to. You can not make him.

If you mean that he had cancelled the sponsorship of his wife back home, then he would be able to sponsor you as a common law after you have lived together for 12 months or you wait until he divorces the other wife so he can marry you.

empress

Jan 21, 2010
he cancelled the sponsership of his wife back home,,i know common law is twelve month to stay together,,,,but i heard it too that if u get pregnent its common law u dont have to wait for one year,,,is it true,,,please,,please,,reply leon

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The criteria for common law by immigration is living together for 12 months.

empress

Jan 21, 2010
oh thanku so its mean we still have to wait i know him from last feb but start living with him with no proof from sep and preg in jan wow thanks a lot leon