+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 ? regarding dependents

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
I was just granted sole custody of my two children. Will I still need an order of mobility from the US courts since I am awarded sole legal and physical custody?
Also will I need to get passports for them during the immigration process since we can just cross with birth certificates for now?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patricksgirls said:
I was just granted sole custody of my two children. Will I still need an order of mobility from the US courts since I am awarded sole legal and physical custody?
Also will I need to get passports for them during the immigration process since we can just cross with birth certificates for now?
Was there a jurisdictional clause in your custody order? You can have sole custody but still not be allowed to take children out of the jurisdiction of the court that made the order because it would prevent the other parent from exercising access. However, if your ex has no visitation rights and that is specifically identified in the order, you should have no problem.

Yes, the children will need passports for the PR visas. You may as well get them done now.