2 months since BVL!

and_beyond

Nov 27, 2023
cairo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
cairo
Applied on jul 25... sep 20th got bvl and I can see study permit document number, visitor visa document number and 2 similar expiry dates of nov 30th 2024

Any similar cases? anyone got refused even after visa number and expiry date show up?

Apollo_77

Nov 29, 2023
Applied on jul 25... sep 20th got bvl and I can see study permit document number, visitor visa document number and 2 similar expiry dates of nov 30th 2024

Any similar cases? anyone got refused even after visa number and expiry date show up?
Yes, same case here, same date too,. Received BVL 20th of Sept, till now nothing is updated on my GC-key. It's been 2 months now.
If I received any update will share it here, please do post here too if you received the PPR

Apollo_77

Nov 29, 2023
Sounds good! Will do. Might sharing from which country u applying? thnks
Egypt. I don't know if the delay is general due to the huge backlog or related to the country a person is applying from. Because I noticed those who apply through SDS get their visa stamped quicker, and since Egypt is not on the SDS list unfortunately, it's taking ages, I might be wrong, but one can only speculate

and_beyond

Nov 27, 2023
cairo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
cairo
Same... I'm applying from Egypt.. The SDS isn't even that fast anymore.. You are probably the 2nd person who has a similar time frame as i do, thus, it could be because we are applying from Egypt. cuz many others had the BVL and a few days or weeks later got the PPR

and_beyond

Nov 27, 2023
cairo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
cairo
It's just confusing.. U literally issued me a study permit number, an expiry date, a visitor visa document number and an expiry date as well.. like why delay the ppr for over 2 months and have me miss the Jan intake? I'll never understand lol

Apollo_77

Nov 29, 2023
It's just confusing.. U literally issued me a study permit number, an expiry date, a visitor visa document number and an expiry date as well.. like why delay the ppr for over 2 months and have me miss the Jan intake? I'll never understand lol
Yes it is confusing. Another thing is there is no one to contact about the application, literally none . Like i sent 2 webforms asking about the reason for the delay but the replies are not helping. They have no extra information to provide.

Anyways, all we can do is wait and hope they respond soon enough, because supposedly December is holidays season

Reactions: and_beyond

and_beyond

Nov 27, 2023
cairo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
cairo
S0oo0oo, found a comment on youtube:

Applied on Sep 7th

Medical Updated Oct 7th

BVL Oct 27th

PPR Jan 12th

That adds up to 77 days (2 months and 17 days)

We have now completed 70 days to be precise.. according to the above, we got one more week during which we can expect an update.

Now. This is totally different. It was last year and it's a different location, perhaps a different visa type as well. etc..

My point is.. maybe it's normal to go all this long without an update and that eventually we'll hear back soon!

Stay positive, buddy!!

Reactions: Apollo_77

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Applied on Sep 7th

Medical Updated Oct 7th

BVL Oct 27th

PPR Jan 12th

We have now completed 70 days to be precise.. according to the above, we got one more week during which we can expect an update.

Now. This is totally different. It was last year and it's a different location, perhaps a different visa type as well. etc..

My point is.. maybe it's normal to go all this long without an update and that eventually we'll hear back soon!

Stay positive, buddy!!
Posted processing times can vary significantly between applicants so there are no guarantees that you will hear from iRCC at around 70 days.

and_beyond

Nov 27, 2023
cairo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
cairo
Being a rather experienced vip member, how about you help answering the original question please.

Does having the study permit number, visitor visa numb expiry date etc.. means it's 100% approved?
And we'll get the ppr sooner or later or there's still a possibility of refusal still?
Thanks.

Apollo_77

Nov 29, 2023
My

Applied on Sep 7th

Medical Updated Oct 7th

BVL Oct 27th

PPR Jan 12th

Stay positive, buddy!!
So probably they will respond by mid December, we gotta wait and see