Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Request
10-04-2015
Hi Pros,

I had a full time job (contract) for the first 5 months and now have a different full time job (permanent) since the last 7 months.
I got a reference letter made from my previous employer at the time I was leaving (with the requirements stated in CIC). Please advise:

-Do I need to get a latest letter from the previous employer to attach or does the (6 months) old letter (with all proper required content) work?
-If the NOC codes are different for both jobs (same industry and category) but slighly different work, does that negatively affect the application?
-Can T4 forms + Notice of Assessment be requested to be re-sent from CRA?

Your quick response would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

S.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
csaa said:
Hi Pros,

I had a full time job (contract) for the first 5 months and now have a different full time job (permanent) since the last 7 months.
I got a reference letter made from my previous employer at the time I was leaving (with the requirements stated in CIC). Please advise:

-Do I need to get a latest letter from the previous employer to attach or does the (6 months) old letter (with all proper required content) work?

That letter is fine for the first employer, it can be dated 6 months back. Make sure that it includes all required information about the job. And make sure that the letter form your current employer is dated AFTER you gained the required 12 months
of fulltime experience.

-If the NOC codes are different for both jobs (same industry and category) but slighly different work, does that negatively affect the application?

No, you can combine NOCs, no problem.

-Can T4 forms + Notice of Assessment be requested to be re-sent from CRA?

Yes, you can also print them off yourself if you have an online account.

Your quick response would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

S.

Hope this helps.

csaa

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Request
10-04-2015
@iam_toby:

Thanks for the quick reply.
The letter was made in October, so it is now 8 months old. That means I need to get a new one made by the company (previous employer) - correct?

One more question:
I got a police clearance certificate made from my home country in December. Although I have not lived longer than 1 month (in each visit) to my home after I turned 18, do I need to get another (new) certificate made or the December one works? (Note: I have not left Canada since the time I got the certificate and I am also providing the Toronto Police's clearance certificate with the application).

Thanks.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
csaa said:
@ iam_toby:

Thanks for the quick reply.
The letter was made in October, so it is now 8 months old. That means I need to get a new one made by the company (previous employer) - correct?

No, the old letter is fine. But the letter from your current employer has to be dated after you've gained the ( combined ) 12 months
of full time experience.

One more question:
I got a police clearance certificate made from my home country in December. Although I have not lived longer than 1 month (in each visit) to my home after I turned 18, do I need to get another (new) certificate made or the December one works? (Note: I have not left Canada since the time I got the certificate and I am also providing the Toronto Police's clearance certificate with the application).

You can submit the PCC with your application, but CIC wants an updated PCC ( not older than 3 months at the time you apply ). So you can submit that PCC, then request a new one and when you get the new one send it to CIC.

Thanks.

Hope this helps.

csaa

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Request
10-04-2015
iam_toby said:
Hope this helps.
Hi,

Did that mean I can state 2 different NOC codes in the Economic Class Form about the employment details since the age of 18?

Also, if I worked part time while being a full time student, do I have to state that in the Economic Class form or in the Personal History in the Background Info form?

Thanks,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
csaa said:
Did that mean I can state 2 different NOC codes in the Economic Class Form about the employment details since the age of 18?

Yes. You have to meet the requirements of both NOCs for both positions to count (e.g. Language levels).

Also, if I worked part time while being a full time student, do I have to
state that in the Economic Class form - NO
or in the Personal History in the Background Info form? YES

puja78

Jun 23, 2014
Hey guys,

I am not sure if I qualify for the CEC as I am doing 2 jobs 1 part time and 1 full time but in January and February I had taken a couple of weeks off(without paid) at one job and just worked part time at the other.However, I did work other weeks as full time job and the part time as well.

Will those weeks that I worked part time count towards my CEC?

What happens about the hours that I work extra in the weeks that I did over time?

Is there any one in the same situation as me?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
puja78 said:
Hey guys,

I am not sure if I qualify for the CEC as I am doing 2 jobs 1 part time and 1 full time but in January and February I had taken a couple of weeks off(without paid) at one job and just worked part time at the other.However, I did work other weeks as full time job and the part time as well.

Will those weeks that I worked part time count towards my CEC?

What happens about the hours that I work extra in the weeks that I did over time?
I replied to your PM ...

puja78

Jun 23, 2014
Thanks Jes,

do you have any idea if the Statutory pay is included in the CEC eg. in Dec week my office was closed so I got paid for x'mas,boxing day and new year. Same happened in the Easter weekend(Good Friday) etc

So there was no way I could achieve 30 hours in that week or the following week, but my pay stub reflects Statutory pay(so does that mean I need to count those hours?)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
puja78 said:
do you have any idea if the Statutory pay is included in the CEC eg. in Dec week my office was closed so I got paid for x'mas,boxing day and new year. Same happened in the Easter weekend(Good Friday) etc

So there was no way I could achieve 30 hours in that week or the following week, but my pay stub reflects Statutory pay(so does that mean I need to count those hours?)
I believe you can count the hours/days of statutory holidays. But if you are cutting it so close that you need those hours, I would seriously recommend waiting a little longer...