+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2/5 rule not met. How to proceed ? Risks ?

kiwi1959

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Hello

My family and I , we landed in Ontario on Jan-2009. Stayed for a week only and left Canada until now. We obtained our PR.
Now that we are ready to move to Canada and settle down (after more than 3 years), we might face problem with the immigration officer because of the 730 days rule not met (as only 16 months will be left before PR expiry).
My son (still minor 17 year) has been accepted in a Quebec university and my other son 15 yr in a secondary school.

My wife will be entering Canada with my 2 sons. I'll be joining them couple of days after to minimize risks.

Q1: With a freshly renewed passport, shall we take the risk to fill the questionnaire form as if we were spending 2 weeks vacation ?
What will be the consequences if we get caught ? Worst case, , we couldn't even hope for a PR renewal even when hiring a lawyer? In other words, what's the price for a lie "excuse the expression".

Q2: is a freshly renewed passport, may be an additional factor to send us to immigration officer or it's better ?

Q3: Would it better to be honest and say the truth (reasons: I couldn't find a job in Canada to support my family and also kids studies following french system , so we had to wait until high school). In this case, the officer (even if he tries to be nice) is he obliged to report us as not meet the 730 days rule.

Q4: Statistically speaking, what are the chances to lose a PR when not meeting the 730 days rule ?

Q5: In which cases , the officer decides to give 30 days’ notice to leave the country ?

Thank you

srilatharajesh

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
File Transfer...
30 March 2010
Med's Request
23 June 2012
Med's Done....
12 july 2012
Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
Kindly let know what you did in this case. I dont see any replies.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srilatharajesh said:
Kindly let know what you did in this case. I dont see any replies.
A click on the OP reveals that OP lost his PR status (been visiting Canada on multi-entry visit visa) while his wife retain her PR status.