+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st year Tution fees + GIC for General category??

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Just wanted to confirm that in General category too the same rule applies i.e. 1st year tution fees + GIC, or is it something different.....

Do banks provide loan for GIC or do we need to arrange it on our own??

Kindly revert....

tiger007

Champion Member
Tedd said:
Just wanted to confirm that in General category too the same rule applies i.e. 1st year tution fees + GIC, or is it something different.....

Do banks provide loan for GIC or do we need to arrange it on our own??

Kindly revert....
Hi,

If you are from India, then to apply under Generic category, GIC is NOT REQUIRED.
The PREFERRED OPTION for proof of funds: you can fulfill the financial requirement by submitting a copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to at least first year’s tuition plus $10 000 CAD to cover living and travel expenses for one year.

Here's the official CHC checklist for applying under Generic/general category:
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_20-09-2012.pdf

So, Just a bank loan letter of amount equivalent to 1st year tuition fees+10,000$ will be enough.

*** All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

If you are from India, then to apply under Generic category, GIC is NOT REQUIRED.
The PREFERRED OPTION for proof of funds: you can fulfill the financial requirement by submitting a copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to at least first year's tuition plus $10 000 CAD to cover living and travel expenses for one year.

Here's the official CHC checklist for applying under Generic/general category:
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_20-09-2012.pdf

So, Just a bank loan letter of amount equivalent to 1st year tuition fees+10,000$ will be enough.

Thanks Tiger.....
And Indian Chartered Bank means Nationalised bank, correct me if I m wrong

*** All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

tiger007

Champion Member
Tedd said:
And Indian Chartered Bank means Nationalised bank, correct me if I m wrong
Hi,
Indian Chartered Bank = list of all banks approved by CHC. Given at the end of the checklist.
(http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_20-09-2012.pdf)

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have your own funds, yes you can opt for the mentioned method, GIC + 1 year fee. However, if you don't have liquid cash, then you can opt for bank loan. Now, in bank loan also, you have option depending on how much liquid cash you have and how much you want to borrow from bank.
hence choice is yours basis your position on funds.

Cheers!

tan01vip

May 27, 2019
Is it possible to get students visa without paying GIC?
Because I can't arrange that amount without taking a bank loan. If I'm taking an education loan then I will need to submit the students visa.
So kindly guide me on this