+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

19 april==> Background check says in progress

Analyser

Jun 5, 2023
There were few updates today

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Application Status Tracker:

Eligibility: Completed
Background verification: In Progress

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
GC Key:

Review of medical results
August 7, 2023 You passed the medical exam.

This was passed earlier on 30th March but within a day it went to
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
I think gckey is a bit behind tracker

IndianaJones43

Jul 13, 2023
it seems so because in GC Key eligibility is still not updated. It says

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
Just received email with subject line:
IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal / IRCC Portail de la confirmation de résidence permanente

they are asking me some information so that they can create my account for COPR status
Congrats! I got this one around July 27, still waiting for the email with the Portal credentials. Not sure how long it takes these days

IndianaJones43

Jul 13, 2023
Congrats! I got this one around July 27, still waiting for the email with the Portal credentials. Not sure how long it takes these days
What is status on your application tracker and gckey?

mine on gc key is

eligibility in progress
background in progress

and in tracker

eligibility completed
background completed

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
What is status on your application tracker and gckey?

mine on gc key is

eligibility in progress
background in progress

and in tracker

eligibility completed
background completed
Same. On PR tracker everything is complete.
On GCkey: Final decision July 27 - you application is in process etc etc. Eligibility in process, background in process

sai23

Star Member
Jul 15, 2023
My husband's background verification has been in progress since April 19. We submitted the application on November 26, 2022. The last update we got was on June 7 informing us that his eligibility has been updated to in progress. He still hasn't received pre-arrival yet. Since he's a Fijian citizen, IRCC informed us that they will let us know when they would like us to submit a police certificate, but they still haven't contacted us. I was thinking of reaching out to my local MP but I honestly don't know if that would even be helpful since I heard that they don't do much other than get status updates on a visa application. My husband's application is being processed at the Sydney, Australia visa office and they have been known to be exceptionally slow in processing sponsorship applications. When my brother applied to sponsor his wife, it took about a year for his wife to arrive to Canada, and this happened well before the pandemic.

Last edited: