+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

15m in process, hiring a lawyer

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience with hiring a lawyer, I took my test beginning of March and still in process because of bg check. please share your experience and if you know a good lawyer plz dm me.

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience with hiring a lawyer, I took my test beginning of March and still in process because of bg check. please share your experience and if you know a good lawyer plz dm me.
Have you reached out to IRCC? Give them a call and explain the situation. If they don't get into specifics, talk to your local MP. If that doesn't work, then lawyer up. It will work out better in YOUR favor if you go through these steps as opposed to outright lawyering up; it shows an attempt to get information has been made twice on your part and there was nothing done.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Have you reached out to IRCC? Give them a call and explain the situation. If they don't get into specifics, talk to your local MP. If that doesn't work, then lawyer up. It will work out better in YOUR favor if you go through these steps as opposed to outright lawyering up; it shows an attempt to get information has been made twice on your part and there was nothing done.
None of those worked- I have tried everything except the lawyer, they don’t give a damn about our “situation”

Reactions: Mehran1

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
None of those worked- I have tried everything except the lawyer, they don’t give a damn about our “situation”
It shows an attempt to resolve the issue on your own, which tends to be viewed favorably by a judge. In your specific case (where I know you did both because I remember your thread), you should absolutely get a lawyer and see where it goes from there. But for the OP, who did not answer as of yet, if they didn't do the first two things, they really should.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I have a lawyer . It doesn't so much difference. He send the email 2 times I did 3 time . He contact call center 3 times I called more than 20 times . I send the letter to my local office. My MP Put it in my file . When I asked why she/he didnt respond me. They told me maybe she/he doesn't have any answers. Because they are waiting for prohibition. My lawyer send the ATIF one time , I did 3 times .
I talked to my lawyer 4 times . He always saying we have to wait . Because they didnt say yes or no to follow up . Because They didnt respond yet We have to wait . I dont know maybe my lawyer is very relax . He is a professor in immigration subject in college .
In general speaking for my case lawyer didn't work .

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I have a lawyer . It doesn't so much difference. He send the email 2 times I did 3 time . He contact call center 3 times I called more than 20 times . I send the letter to my local office. My MP Put it in my file . When I asked why she/he didnt respond me. They told me maybe she/he doesn't have any answers. Because they are waiting for prohibition. My lawyer send the ATIF one time , I did 3 times .
I talked to my lawyer 4 times . He always saying we have to wait . Because they didnt say yes or no to follow up . Because They didnt respond yet We have to wait . I dont know maybe my lawyer is very relax . He is a professor in immigration subject in college .
In general speaking for my case lawyer didn't work .
I agree till they give a decision in yes or no what can a lawyer do? They will respond to his queries in same standard format as they do to us. Lawyer may help when they either refuse ur case and u need to go to court or prepare an appeal

Reactions: Mehran1

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I did my test in February 2017 and I passed 17 months . As my experience anything that i did didnt worked . They do they job and dont care how many emails or call you make . Unless they forgot your case and when you send the letter they do follow up . In my case when i send the letter and my MP put in my file . It means she/he knows about my application but doesn't have answer and She/he cant do anything more . I dont know exactly what should I do more . I hope to find out from who has a experience in such issues.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
I did my test in February 2017 and I passed 17 months . As my experience anything that i did didnt worked . They do they job and dont care how many emails or call you make . Unless they forgot your case and when you send the letter they do follow up . In my case when i send the letter and my MP put in my file . It means she/he knows about my application but doesn't have answer and She/he cant do anything more . I dont know exactly what should I do more . I hope to find out from who has a experience in such issues.
Did your lawyer sent in "Writ of Mandamus"? If you search it in this forum, couple of people did it and all received results before even going to court.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Did your lawyer sent in "Writ of Mandamus"? If you search it in this forum, couple of people did it and all received results before even going to court.
I talked to my lawyer several times . Always saying there is no need to worry, I have hundreds clients and know everything is ok just you have to wait . I am very frustrated I think I have to talk again with my lawyer soon .

Reactions: dmn1363

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Writ of Mandamus? I dont think his application has reached that time frame where he can use that option. Previous post on topic suggest ppl successfully used it once it got past 3 years

Reactions: dmn1363

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
I talked to my lawyer several times . Always saying there is no need to worry, I have hundreds clients and know everything is ok just you have to wait . I am very frustrated I think I have to talk again with my lawyer soon .
Ask about Writ of Mandamus. May be it can help.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Writ of Mandamus? I dont think his application has reached that time frame where he can use that option. Previous post on topic suggest ppl successfully used it once it got past 3 years
As requirement, Writ of Mandamus can be employed when the application has passed processing time. Many wait considerable time (3 years) before go with that option. Also, processing time used to be 2 years for the most people at the time (1.5 times the regular processing time seems to be acceptable to the court).

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
It could work hiring a lawyer, but it could also not change anything, there is no magic solution that works for everyone. You can hire a lawyer and move forward with this, but I advise not to raise your expectations. A friend of mine used a lawyer during the old rule, and it took them two years to get it finalized.

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
It could work hiring a lawyer, but it could also not change anything, there is no magic solution that works for everyone. You can hire a lawyer and move forward with this, but I advise not to raise your expectations. A friend of mine used a lawyer during the old rule, and it took them two years to get it finalized.
I also imagine that it could even delay everything further because in addition to getting your citizenship stuff looked into, they have to prepare for court. The best approach is to really wait, unless it's after 2 years maximum- then I'd seriously lawyer up.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
I also imagine that it could even delay everything further because in addition to getting your citizenship stuff looked into, they have to prepare for court. The best approach is to really wait, unless it's after 2 years maximum- then I'd seriously lawyer up.
In most cases, IRCC avoids the court (Unless the plaintiff has a skeleton in her closet). They know they had the duty toward the applicant and they breached it by not processing in timely manner. If the wrong doing of IRCC is proven in the court, it opens more venue for lawyer to bring up more lawsuits against IRCC. And that why IRCC avoids the court and the most cases suddenly finalized before court date.