+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

15 days short for one year, am I eligibile for CEC?

sksr

Dec 24, 2012
I worked for 11.5 months in Canada almost short of 15 days to complete one year which is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply under CEC.

Please let me know will I be still eligible to apply, if not what are other options available to apply.

Thank you !

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sksr said:
I worked for 11.5 months in Canada almost short of 15 days to complete one year which is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply under CEC.

Please let me know will I be still eligible to apply, if not what are other options available to apply.

Thank you !
That would be a NO. You need to work for 1 year.

Your only option would be to continue working / find a new job and work for 1 month and then apply.

sksr

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks for your reply.

I am already back to my country as my contract got terminated, being here do I have any options including 6/12 months study course etc?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sksr said:
Thanks for your reply.

I am already back to my country as my contract got terminated, being here do I have any options including 6/12 months study course etc?
But if you get a student visa, you still can't work. You would need a new working visa if you want to work legally.

What's your plan regarding 6/12 months study course?

sksr

Dec 24, 2012
I was thinking if I do a course for 6 months will get 6 months WP which will add for existing experience, correct me if I am wrong.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
sksr said:
If you plan on taking the education route, be aware that you can only get a work permit if you graduate (finish) from a program, and that this permit will be for the same duration as the studies were, unless otherwise approved by CIC. ESL programs are not eligible (less than 8 months).

You can get a PGWP after you graduate, and can gain additional experience. The new CEC rules specify that you will need 1 full year of skilled work experience within the last 3 years, so if you manage to attend school soon and gain additional experience, you should be just fine.

A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length. ...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Your other options are to find another employer and apply for a new wp. Hope that helps...

Sophia.B

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
hi there:
when i appiled CEC, i was 10 days short. I called CIC, they said i may be able to apply for it. they only checking the hours you working in total in one year, not really how many days
I recieved my AOR in September.
so good luck

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
sksr said:
I was thinking if I do a course for 6 months will get 6 months WP which will add for existing experience, correct me if I am wrong.
Courses must be a minimum of 8 months to get a PGWP..........

sksr

Dec 24, 2012
Sophia.B said:
hi there:
when i appiled CEC, i was 10 days short. I called CIC, they said i may be able to apply for it. they only checking the hours you working in total in one year, not really how many days
I recieved my AOR in September.
so good luck
Thanks for reply, how many hours they care counting actually? I am assuming 40 hours per week and same for 52 weeks, please confirm.

sksr

Dec 24, 2012
My work hours cross 37.5*52 hours for the period of my stay, please let me know if I can include paid vacation hours or not?