+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

11 month CEC - confusing response from IRCC

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
THere are 2 parts to it though...one is to have one-year exp counted by CEC using 1560 hours calculation. Other is 50 points for job offer which you only get if you answer YES to this question - Has the applicant been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?
I guess you cannot answer yes to this until you complete 365 days...Some people have claimed these points and accepted ITA at the same time when they qualified for CEC...THere are mixed reviews about this so not sure what is the right way to go about it.
this is not correct - even if you answer NO to the above question - you will still get 50 points - I tried it on my profile and it still added 50 points for the job offer when I selected No as the answer you pasted above

Has the applicant been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?

shylaja2504

Jul 2, 2022
Cec - you have to work in canada for 1 year

you are eligible under cec once you complete 1 year - it doesn’t matter if you are in canada or not after 1 year completion
No one is going to question on why you moved out - you are not a slave lol
Hi neo Thanks for your reply. Can i still claim job offer and Work exp points even if i move out.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi neo Thanks for your reply. Can i still claim job offer and Work exp points even if i move out.
No you can’t claim job offer points as you won’t be able to justify it
1 year work exp points - you can claim provided you complete one full year working in canada

shylaja2504

Jul 2, 2022
No you can’t claim job offer points as you won’t be able to justify it
1 year work exp points - you can claim provided you complete one full year working in canada
May i get some document from my company mentioning that I am temporarily relocated to US and I am a permanent employee. Will that help

Sep 1, 2021
Hi Bick,

I started my NOC B job last May 25, 2021, and last April 2, 2022, I was found eligible for CEC by the system. Technically, I will complete my 1560 hours (12 months of work) in May. If I get ITA before May, should I accept it and submit my PR application once I completed my 1560 hours since there is a 60-day deadline from ITA.
Hello,

Just a quick question, I am in the similar situation. I see that you can make EE profile and submit it only after meeting the minimum eligibility criteria. ( 1560 hours or 52 weeks of work experience) But I submitted the EE PROFILE on the 10 April 2022. My first day worked at the job was 27th May 2021. So, I basically submitted my EE profile 1 month and 17 days before my work anniversary.

2 questions.

1. Is it allowed to submit the EE profile even though the MEC were not completely met. But the system allowed.

2. The immigration officer, will he look if I met the eligibility when I submitted the EE (cec) profile or at the ITA time do I have 1 year of experience or not?

Thanks.

EngrDylan

Mar 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello,

Just a quick question, I am in the similar situation. I see that you can make EE profile and submit it only after meeting the minimum eligibility criteria. ( 1560 hours or 52 weeks of work experience) But I submitted the EE PROFILE on the 10 April 2022. My first day worked at the job was 27th May 2021. So, I basically submitted my EE profile 1 month and 17 days before my work anniversary.

2 questions.

1. Is it allowed to submit the EE profile even though the MEC were not completely met. But the system allowed.

2. The immigration officer, will he look if I met the eligibility when I submitted the EE (cec) profile or at the ITA time do I have 1 year of experience or not?

Thanks.
1. Yes.
2. As far as I know, it would be when you accept the ITA.

Thanks.

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
ah. I didn't know this until now and I already accepted the invitation and submitted my application under Cecil with 11 month experience 20 days ago. I will have one year experience in 6 days. what shall I do? email ircc? I notice this issue has been there for years. of course I shall be partially blamed. but ircc has fault to leave the system unfixed. it is really confusing.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Ayo2995

Jan 10, 2023
ah. I didn't know this until now and I already accepted the invitation and submitted my application under Cecil with 11 month experience 20 days ago. I will have one year experience in 6 days. what shall I do? email ircc? I notice this issue has been there for years. of course I shall be partially blamed. but ircc has fault to leave the system unfixed. it is really confusing.
Was your application approved? Because my application was approved with the 11 month of experience! I didn’t reach 12months before I submtted

Amrit.sybils

Dec 14, 2023
Hi, I’m completing my 1 year with experience in Feb,2024 next month.
If I get invitation for oinp in January, can i accept it(It has 45 days to submit docs and by that time my experience will be completed). Pls help , I’m confused

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I’m completing my 1 year with experience in Feb,2024 next month.
If I get invitation for oinp in January, can i accept it(It has 45 days to submit docs and by that time my experience will be completed). Pls help , I’m confused
Yes you can do that...keep everything ready and once experience is completed, submit the application.

Amrit.sybils

Dec 14, 2023
Thanks, one more thing
Can i create 2 profiles in express entry, my job has two noc codes and i don’t know which one ircc gonna create invitations for pnp?(they didn’t mention anything that ircc gonna take action if we have2 profiles)
If yes, do i have to create new gc key id or i can use the same gckey login for the new profile

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks, one more thing
Can i create 2 profiles in express entry, my job has two noc codes and i don’t know which one ircc gonna create invitations for pnp?(they didn’t mention anything that ircc gonna take action if we have2 profiles)
If yes, do i have to create new gc key id or i can use the same gckey login for the new profile
Sorry no idea about it.
But as far as I know you need to have 1 profile, though I maybe wrong...