18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Hello Guys,

My Parents were approved of 10 Years multiple Tourist/visitors Visa. They applied as regular one and not a supervisa.

My questions is if they are qualified to stay for up to 7 years as well? if we apply for extension.

Thank you.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello Guys,

My Parents were approved of 10 Years multiple Tourist/visitors Visa. They applied as regular one and not a supervisa.

My questions is if they are qualified to stay for up to 7 years as well? if we apply for extension.

Thank you.

If your parents were approved for a multiple entry tourist visa for a period of 10 years, they are generally allowed to stay in Canada for up to 6 months at a time during each visit. This means that they can come and go from Canada as they please within the validity period of their visa, but they are not allowed to stay in Canada for more than 6 months at a time.

If your parents want to stay in Canada for a longer period of time, they may be able to apply for an extension of their stay. To do this, they will need to apply for a visitor record, which will allow them to extend their stay in Canada as a visitor.

To be eligible for a visitor record, your parents will need to meet certain requirements, including:

• Having a valid passport or travel document
  • Being in good health
  • Having enough money to support themselves while in Canada
  • Having a reason for extending their stay in Canada, such as visiting family or sightseeing
  • Having no criminal record
  • Not working in Canada (unless they have a valid work permit)
If your parents meet these requirements, they may be able to extend their stay in Canada as a visitor for up to an additional 6 months. However, it's important to note that the length of the extension will depend on the circumstances of each individual case and is at the discretion of the immigration officer processing the application.

It's also worth noting that visitor records are not a permanent solution for staying in Canada. If your parents want to stay in Canada for a longer period of time, they may need to consider other options, such as applying for a work permit or permanent residence.

Reactions: canuck78

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello Guys,

Thank you.
The chances of your parents getting continuous extensions for seven years to stay in Canada on a TRV are slim to none . Visitor visas aren’t to be used as a way to become long term quasi residents.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys,

Thank you.
If they want a longer stay they should apply for a supervisa which can be up to 5 years with a 2 year extension. They must qualify and pay for a 1 year supervisa insurance to stay every year. If they have large medical expenses one year their chances of getting a policy the next year are significantly reduced. Without supervisa insurance they are living in Canada without status. If they are in Canada on a normal TRV they can‘t just leave Canada and reenter ever 6 months. They could be refused entry at one point. An attempt to extend from Canada is the best option so at least they are in Canada if denied their extension and don’t get stuck outside Canada and need to fly home from there. The most common example is people trying to reenter via the US land border and being refused.

Realistically, people are often able to get up to a few years of extensions to remain in Canada but it really depends on the circumstances. Extensions were pretty easy to get during Covid but as the world has opened up normal it is hard to say how generous Canada will be when it comes to extension. Parents are still visitors and are not allowed to live in Canada.

If they want to stay for over 6 months a supervisa is the most appropriate options and was specifically created to allow parents to visit for over 6 months.