+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 Year work experience proof?

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
So I heard I dont have to submit my paystub, and Employer reference letter would be sufficient for applying Express Entry.

Now I got curious that what if someone lies? Employer can easily write a reference letter for a employee. Does government have any ways to catch them out?

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
So I heard I dont have to submit my paystub, and Employer reference letter would be sufficient for applying Express Entry.

Now I got curious that what if someone lies? Employer can easily write a reference letter for a employee. Does government have any ways to catch them out?
Veritable employers (educated) usually won't write fake reference letters. Maybe you meant employees can easily make up a fake reference letter. There are feedback requirements that the reference letters should maintain, the officials can ask for contact numbers and mail id. They can check the authenticity of the company and such...

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Veritable employers (educated) usually won't write fake reference letters. Maybe you meant employees can easily make up a fake reference letter. There are feedback requirements that the reference letters should maintain, the officials can ask for contact numbers and mail id. They can check the authenticity of the company and such...
Thanks for the reply. I have another question. My title started on January but I started my training on December, and during the training time the wage was different and such. Do you think I can apply for EE on December? or I gotta wait till January ?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I have another question. My title started on January but I started my training on December, and during the training time the wage was different and such. Do you think I can apply for EE on December? or I gotta wait till January ?
Depends on what kind of training - did you get paid at least minimum wage during this period? Did you work at least 30hrs/wk during this period? Is your employer willing to state in their reference letter that you were considered to be employed during this period? Did you actually perform activities that would be qualified as skilled work under the NOC system?

Reactions: EECEC

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Depends on what kind of training - did you get paid at least minimum wage during this period? Did you work at least 30hrs/wk during this period? Is your employer willing to state in their reference letter that you were considered to be employed during this period? Did you actually perform activities that would be qualified as skilled work under the NOC system?
did you get paid at least minimum wage during this period? -Yes
Did you work at least 30hrs/wk during this period? -No
Is your employer willing to state in their reference letter that you were considered to be employed during this period? -Yes
Did you actually perform activities that would be qualified as skilled work under the NOC system? -Was getting trained to be

how do you think?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
did you get paid at least minimum wage during this period? -Yes
Did you work at least 30hrs/wk during this period? -No
Is your employer willing to state in their reference letter that you were considered to be employed during this period? -Yes
Did you actually perform activities that would be qualified as skilled work under the NOC system? -Was getting trained to be

how do you think?
Since you were paid a normal income and the employer will write one reference letter for your employment period, I think you should be fine for counting this towards your work experience.

However, If you worked less than 30hrs, you won't be able to count this period as full-time experience - you have to count it as part-time work propertionally.

30hrs/wk is considered to be full-time by CIC. Let's (hypothetically) say you were working 15hrs/wk:
You would only be able to count each week as 50% - so if you were trained for 4 weeks, it'll only count for 2 weeks of experience.

Regardless, most people like to at least clear the threshold by a few weeks, so the Officer's decision won't come down to individual working days. I would recommend just waiting till January.

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Since you were paid a normal income and the employer will write one reference letter for your employment period, I think you should be fine for counting this towards your work experience.

However, If you worked less than 30hrs, you won't be able to count this period as full-time experience - you have to count it as part-time work propertionally.

30hrs/wk is considered to be full-time by CIC. Let's (hypothetically) say you were working 15hrs/wk:
You would only be able to count each week as 50% - so if you were trained for 4 weeks, it'll only count for 2 weeks of experience.

Regardless, most people like to at least clear the threshold by a few weeks, so the Officer's decision won't come down to individual working days. I would recommend just waiting till January.
Thanks for your reply.
and here is the details of my training periods.
So i worked for :
45 hours in 2 weeks
69.50 hours in 2 weeks
88 hours in 2 weeks
for the training. according to your calculation, 45 hours would be devided by 2 that is 22.5 Hours, and 69.50 +88 would be not divided by 2 and contribute directly toward 1560 hours?

kajnala

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Hi all my question is I did study in Canada nd my question is if I did 8 months job for different employer Nd 4 months for different is this eligible for express entry.
Thanks

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply.
So i worked for :
45 hours in 2 weeks
69.50 hours in 2 weeks
88 hours in 2 weeks
for the training. according to your calculation, 45 hours would be devided by 2 that is 22.5 Hours, and 69.50 +88 would be not divided by 2 and contribute directly toward 1560 hours?
Anything less than 30 hours per week is "part-time" (it does not have to be exactly 15 hours. IRCC gives 15 hours as an example, and some people think that is a requirement).
Please read the comments of exparts about part time work conversion-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/part-time-20-hours-per-week-acceptable.537871/#post-6640041

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thanks for your reply.
So i worked for :
45 hours in 2 weeks
69.50 hours in 2 weeks
88 hours in 2 weeks
Working hours are capped at 30hrs/wk. So:

45 hours across 2 weeks = 22.5hrs/wk
69.50 hours across 2 weeks = 30hrs/wk
88 hours across 2 weeks = 30hrs/wk

So adding this up, you would be able to count this as 5.5 weeks of experience.

Dec 25, 2018
Hello guys.

I´ve been working in Canada under a skilled NOC, but my salary is lower than the NOC´s average. Does this mean I will not be given points for Canadian Experience when I appy to Express Entry? Please help. Thank you!

(My job offer will have the proper salary for my NOC)