+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 month over. Still no mail. Amendment of study/work permit. HALP!

A

abdisarockstar

hey guys
I had mailed CIC my study permit which had this line: UNLESS AUTHORIZED, PROHIBITED FROM ENGAGING IN EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA
For an amendment to include the 20 hours on off campus thing on it which others have it
I stay in Winnipeg(MB) and sent it to Ottawa
The mail was sent on 29th september and CIC said they received it on 6th Oct (don't know how a regular mail took 7 days to reach within Canada)
So in that case the one month processing time got completed on 6th nov
Still I havent received any mail from them
I keep checking my mail box stupidly every now and then and some times run down the building to ask the post lady whether I have any mail :p
Can anybody who has been through this, guide me?
I know people have cases where it took 3-4 months and still no reply but I am just being hopeful of a miracle or something
Honestly it kills to see people working part time and managing their expenses and you just sit at home helplessly
PLEASE HELP FOLKS

Anna27

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1: The mail takes 7 days usually with Canada post. If you use UPS urgent option. You pay 30 CAD and its like 24-48 hours.
2: They will send it back using Canada post. So, it will take 7 more days. They received my application on 10 September and I received my amended permit on 14 October.

Best,
Anna

A

abdisarockstar

Anna27 said:
1: The mail takes 7 days usually with Canada post. If you use UPS urgent option. You pay 30 CAD and its like 24-48 hours.
2: They will send it back using Canada post. So, it will take 7 more days. They received my application on 10 September and I received my amended permit on 14 October.

Best,
Anna
Thank you Anna. Appreciated. May I know where do you put up in Canada

Anna27

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I had the same issue

CBSA (The one on the Airport) sometimes do that.
CIC will add a remark that you can work 20 hrs during academic session and full time during regular breaks.

Best,
Anna

A

abdisarockstar

Anna27 said:
Yes I had the same issue

CBSA (The one on the Airport) sometimes do that.
CIC will add a remark that you can work 20 hrs during academic session and full time during regular breaks.

Best,
Anna
Sorry to trouble so much. CIC received mine on 6th October. But today ie on the 12th November too I haven't got any mail. What could be the reason?

Anna27

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OSC that handles amendment doesn't have any number or email.
I hope you will get it within 10 days

Best,
Anna

A

abdisarockstar

Jhuliush4400 said:
and what hapeen finally? when did you reiceve you study permit?
yeah got it in a month and half. CIC can be quick :)
Got back to my job legally lol
got a study permit stating the 20 hours thing and also a work permit for my coop term
mailed on September 29, 2015
Received mail on November 14ish, 2015

nmurshed

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Having the worst experience with CiC.

My amendment application got approved on Feb 17th.
But i M still waiting for it.

First CIC asked me to wait 6 weeks as they cant resend it by then....
AFter 6 weeks, the apologized telling me somehow it wasnt sent the 1st time !!

No its been 4 weeks, and all they tell me to wait..and last time they said...they cannot take any more action until 3 months has passed !!

SHittiest service ever !!

Reactions: Amitsh56
Aug 13, 2016
Hi every one,

I am an electrical engineeer, want to go to canada on student visa. Can somebody tell me the colleges or universities where there are higher acceptance rate and i can apply?

reply would be highlty appreicated!!

thanks in advacne

regards:
syed

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
@syedzulqernain
I am not sure why you would post your question in a thread which has got nothing to do with your concern.

Colleges have higher acceptance rate than Universities as it's easy to get in to colleges. A number of factors are also involved in the admission process and it's best if you can do the research yourself. Colleges offer graduate certificate programs as well as Masters programs and I don't know which program you are interested in but it's easy to get admission in graduate certificate programs. Graduate certificates allow you to complete the curriculum quickly compared to a Masters degree but without a doubt Masters degree are considered well reputed and provide better opportunities. Almost most colleges/universities consider IELTS score as a major factor and you need to take that seriously to prove your English language proficiency. Transcripts from your undergraduate years are considered as well. There are some colleges in Toronto, Newfoundland, Winnipeg, Hamilton and some random places where the acceptance rate are higher so you want to check those as well.

The wisest thing would be to do your own research and follow what you think is best. To be honest, it is relatively easier to get into institutions but what matters is the visa process. You have to make sure to convince CIC that you are a bonafide student and willing to study only by providing them all types of information that are requested by the embassy. Start researching and you will find great resources online. Good luck!

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
I have been waiting for 3 moths, I dunno what to do anymore. Did you get your study back?

karandas.p@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016
Having the worst experience with CiC.

My amendment application got approved on Feb 17th.
But i M still waiting for it.

First CIC asked me to wait 6 weeks as they cant resend it by then....
AFter 6 weeks, the apologized telling me somehow it wasnt sent the 1st time !!

No its been 4 weeks, and all they tell me to wait..and last time they said...they cannot take any more action until 3 months has passed !!

SHittiest service ever !!
Hi NMurshed,

I see you mentioned this in 2016, but how was your issue resolved? Was it resolved eventually?
I am in the same boat and am waiting for my amended work permit.I called up CIC and they said it was approved but hasn't been sent out as yet. I called them again, and they said there was a 90 day period before which they cannot take any action.

Can you please let me know how things worked out for you?

Moreover, I am planning a trip back home for a few days and I am worried the amended work permit may take some time.

Regards,
Karan