+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 diploma + 1 degree = 1 post-sec credential only?!

ameerbil

Feb 10, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
Hi,

I need to know how to achieve two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. one must be for a program of three or more years, as I am an engineer graduate (4 years) already got WES evaluation, which says equivalent to Graduate and I need to get WES evaluation stating two or more certificate as above.

So I would like to know what is the shortest or quickest course I can achieve to get to this level on WES to get more points.
As it says that 1 degree or certificate should be minimum 3 years then the other can be for any duration certificate ? I am really confused here and looking for your expert advise on it.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Ameer

sonnabend

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Paris
ameerbil said:
Hi,

I need to know how to achieve two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. one must be for a program of three or more years, as I am an engineer graduate (4 years) already got WES evaluation, which says equivalent to Graduate and I need to get WES evaluation stating two or more certificate as above.

So I would like to know what is the shortest or quickest course I can achieve to get to this level on WES to get more points.
As it says that 1 degree or certificate should be minimum 3 years then the other can be for any duration certificate ? I am really confused here and looking for your expert advise on it.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Ameer
Since November, CIC has removed "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees". So now you won't get any extra points for having extra certificates or diploma. You need to have a masters to get extra points

ameerbil

Feb 10, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
sonnabend said:
Since November, CIC has removed "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees". So now you won't get any extra points for having extra certificates or diploma. You need to have a masters to get extra points
Hi,

Are you sure, because as per the CIC points calculator it still allows to select this option and gives extra points om the profile.

Regards,
Ameer

sonnabend

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Paris
ameerbil said:
Hi,

Are you sure, because as per the CIC points calculator it still allows to select this option and gives extra points om the profile.

Regards,
Ameer
Yes, they simply haven't updated the calculator yet. While it's true that the CRS calculator still allows that option, you won't see that option anymore in the express entry application itself.

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
sonnabend said:
Yes, they simply haven't updated the calculator yet. While it's true that the CRS calculator still allows that option, you won't see that option anymore in the express entry application itself.
I don't think this is right.

You still get more points for 'Two or more degrees...', if CIC had changed this, it would have been updated on their website.

What has changed is that CIC has fixed the issue in their online form, which forced people to select 'Two or more degrees...' for each single degree. Now you can simply select 'Bachelor's degree' for each degree in accordance with the ECA, and the system itself sums up and calculates that you have two or more degrees.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
sonnabend said:
You can still have two or more. the calculator still shows it, but however on the actual application, you just need to enter more than 1 line in the education section (1 being 3 years or more) and you will get the points for 2 or more, even though the option is not there. I have points for two or more, the EE profile has just changed the way you choose it now.

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is not correct. I have two degrees - my bachelor's has been awarded as bachelor's (4 years) by WES. but my masters has been assessed as post graduate diploma(1 year) by WES. I have entered two rows for education in my profile.First row is bachelor's. However for post graduate diploma there is no option to select. I had to actually select 1 year Undergradustr...However I been given marks corresponding to my bachelor's by system. Which option do you suggest fire my post graduate diploma so that I can get marks corresponding to 2 or more degrees

sonnabend

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Paris
olipearce1987 said:
You can still have two or more. the calculator still shows it, but however on the actual application, you just need to enter more than 1 line in the education section (1 being 3 years or more) and you will get the points for 2 or more, even though the option is not there. I have points for two or more, the EE profile has just changed the way you choose it now.
nuclearbattery said:
I don't think this is right.

You still get more points for 'Two or more degrees...', if CIC had changed this, it would have been updated on their website.

What has changed is that CIC has fixed the issue in their online form, which forced people to select 'Two or more degrees...' for each single degree. Now you can simply select 'Bachelor's degree' for each degree in accordance with the ECA, and the system itself sums up and calculates that you have two or more degrees.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/level-of-education-column-in-express-entry-t468151.0.html;msg5772753#msg5772753

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/eca-masters-or-two-or-more-degrees-t474066.0.html;msg5769677#msg5769677

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Tikhe0001 said:
That is not correct. I have two degrees - my bachelor's has been awarded as bachelor's (4 years) by WES. but my masters has been assessed as post graduate diploma(1 year) by WES. I have entered two rows for education in my profile.First row is bachelor's. However for post graduate diploma there is no option to select. I had to actually select 1 year Undergradustr...However I been given marks corresponding to my bachelor's by system. Which option do you suggest fire my post graduate diploma so that I can get marks corresponding to 2 or more degrees
You mean you selected "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" and you still did not get points for "Two ore more degrees..."? Are you sure you aren't missing points from any other area?

@sonnabend, I hear you. But it doesn't make sense to me that such a change could have occurred without the official CRS criteria page being updated, unless there is some past precedent that I'm not aware of. I think this could be a glitch in the form.

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
sonnabend said:
This is not true. You should please get informed before giving people any statement like that. This forum is to help each other with valid information not to get more confused about any process.

Cheers

sonnabend

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Paris
olgac said:
This is not true. You should please get informed before giving people any statement like that. This forum is to help each other with valid information not to get more confused about any process.

Cheers
See these replies:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/level-of-education-column-in-express-entry-t468151.0.html;msg5772753#msg5772753

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/eca-masters-or-two-or-more-degrees-t474066.0.html;msg5769677#msg5769677

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olgac said:

Cheers
What I wud say it is partially correct. If u have 2 bachelor's degree, u was get marks corresponding to 2 or more degrees as u enter 2 rows in education for each credential. System automatically gives u marks for 2 or more...... though the option for selecting 2 or more is gone. The problem comes for ppl like me who have bachelor's and post graduate diploma. U don't have any option for selecting post graduate diploma. U end up selecting 1 year program at College option for post graduate diploma and obviously bachelor's option for ur bachelor's. So system awards score according to bachelors and u end up loosing marks.

I hope I m making sense.
Cheers

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
you'll have to enter each degree (or diploma as the case maybe) separately. if it was obtained outside of Canada, you'll need WES. In all, you will get the same point if you enter all your degrees just like you would normally get prior to the removal of the "two or more degrees" option

mauro80

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
I need to report my situation here cause I want to be very precise in this part.

I did university for 5 years (3+2).
Pre WES assessment indicated my Education as a Master Degree.
I requested this to be recognized as a Master degree. After submitting my paper WES recognized it.
This master technically contain my Bachelor (3 years as well, but I never claimed it)

In the education form I simply claim the highest one (this one) as Master Degree.
I am given 135 points for this.
In the section related to Transferability factor my Master Degree trigger automatically 50 points.
So I have to assume that the master counts as 2 post secondary.
But will I have to upload the bachelor as well ?
Or would the Master be just fine ?