+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

0111: Finance Manager: "Duties & Responsibilites" Query

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,

I have applied as 0111- Finance Manager under the FSW-1 Category.

I have written the below mentioned as some my duties in the form.

- Financial Policies Development
- Financial Planning & Forecasting
- Budgeting
- Financial Modeling
- Plan the operation of Accounts

Kindly let me know are they sufficient to make my eligible for it and will they be enough to make the Immigration Officer satisfied. I have just mentioned some of the main once in the form.

Kindly Advice.

hiabhay

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2009
Doc's Request.
10-06-2009
AOR Received.
10-06-2009
IELTS Request
10-06-2009
File Transfer...
17-06-2009
Med's Request
18-11-2009
Med's Done....
17-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-10-2010
I have also applied under same category. I think it should be enough as the space on the form is a constraint.

You may attach a copy of your CV that may have detailed description of responsibilities in case they want to refer further.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

That I will attach since it has to be sent once file is transfered to local office, so I just wanted to know my chances of getting my file cleared from CIO.

Thank

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
The duties you mentioned are quite vague. You may put in a bit of more details when you submit your full application. I also applied as an accountant and tried to input descriptive phrases as you'll never know who will be assessing your application. If the person is an accountant like us, then fine; but if not, and they just look at a set of list to match it with, it will not be to our advantage.

You don't need to include a CV because they do not ask for it in the full application. Besides, the info will be coming from your side and what they need is a verification of your duties. The info in the CV should be included in the reference letter from your employer where your jobs/responsibilities need to be listed in detail. This is a requirement for full application.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
hiabhay said:
I have also applied under same category. I think it should be enough as the space on the form is a constraint.

You may attach a copy of your CV that may have detailed description of responsibilities in case they want to refer further.
Even though the space on the form is not enough, I added another sheet of paper.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mom2karl said:
The duties you mentioned are quite vague. You may put in a bit of more details when you submit your full application. I also applied as an accountant and tried to input descriptive phrases as you'll never know who will be assessing your application. If the person is an accountant like us, then fine; but if not, and they just look at a set of list to match it with, it will not be to our advantage.

You don't need to include a CV because they do not ask for it in the full application. Besides, the info will be coming from your side and what they need is a verification of your duties. The info in the CV should be included in the reference letter from your employer where your jobs/responsibilities need to be listed in detail. This is a requirement for full application.
Thanks for the reply. I have included few as there was space constraint. Though I will be attaching the letters from my Employers with my Job Duties in detail.

My purpose to ask this question was to get an idea that how will the CIO assess my application since I have only put few of them.
I searched on the NOC -0111 and it has most of the JD and duties common. So Kindly advice that what are the chances of application getting cleared with CIO, since I am aware they do minimal check but just would like people to share there exp and advice.

0111 Financial Managers

Financial managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments. They develop and implement the financial policies and systems of establishments. Financial managers establish performance standards and prepare various financial reports for senior management. They are employed in financial and accounting departments in companies throughout the private sector and in government.

Example Titles

controller
director – financial services
director of accounting
finance director
financial administrator
manager, financial control
manager, financial planning and analysis
manager, internal audit services
treasurer

View all titles

Main duties

Financial managers perform some or all of the following duties:
-Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department
-Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment
-Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
-Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
-Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
-Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
-Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
-Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts
-Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
-Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
- Budgeting
- Financial Modeling

If you just listed these 5 it could still be assessed in general and is actually included in the 38 list. You will probably receive a request for full application soon. Upon submission of your full application, you can still list them down but be a little more descriptive.

Try to click on 'view all titles' under example titles of the unit group. Look for jobs that you have done. For example; I included my previous job of being an 'Analyst - Accountant', NOC 1111. In form IMM 0008, under main duties, I mentioned 'Prepares and analyzes accounting schedules and reports. Prepares and posts accounting entries into the general ledger. Files supporting documents related to the accounting process.' I also included other positions that I've had and did the same, expound a bit, but not long complete sentences.

Aside from Major Group 11, I also have duties falling under Major Group 12. Try to open the unit groups under these and view all titles. Remember under the main duties in IMM 0008, it is the 'what do you do as xxxxxx' that you will indicate because the titles are already under the 'occupation' column; no need to repeat.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mom2karl said:
- Budgeting
- Financial Modeling

If you just listed these 5 it could still be assessed in general and is actually included in the 38 list. You will probably receive a request for full application soon. Upon submission of your full application, you can still list them down but be a little more descriptive.

Try to click on 'view all titles' under example titles of the unit group. Look for jobs that you have done. For example; I included my previous job of being an 'Analyst - Accountant', NOC 1111. In form IMM 0008, under main duties, I mentioned 'Prepares and analyzes accounting schedules and reports. Prepares and posts accounting entries into the general ledger. Files supporting documents related to the accounting process.' I also included other positions that I've had and did the same, expound a bit, but not long complete sentences.

Aside from Major Group 11, I also have duties falling under Major Group 12. Try to open the unit groups under these and view all titles. Remember under the main duties in IMM 0008, it is the 'what do you do as xxxxxx' that you will indicate because the titles are already under the 'occupation' column; no need to repeat.
Thanks a lot. At least some positive response. I will add full description once I receive a go ahead from CIO.

Thanks Again.

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi rocky

do u know what will be the best province to go if somebody is an accountant?

thnx in advance

shiblee

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibleebd said:
hi rocky

do u know what will be the best province to go if somebody is an accountant?

thnx in advance

shiblee
As per my knowledge, Ontario has lots of jobs.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Accountants are welcome every where

ma618

Jul 2, 2009
Hi by profession I am in Finance please let me know does process will be fast if I apply without my wife.

Thanks,

Fede

Jun 30, 2009
BsAs
Category........
Visa Office......
BsAs
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2009
Doc's Request.
14-05-2009
AOR Received.
14-05-2009
IELTS Request
16-09-2009
File Transfer...
01-09-2009
Med's Request
16-09-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Hi Rocky2727, I applied as 0111 in late March 09, using only the boxes that were available in the forms. They replied a few weeks later saying that they needed more detail (along with other mistakes that I had made in the forms). Then I sent back the corrected forms plus a separate sheet with more detail of all my past applicable work experience. Then, during mid May, they sent their Ok to go along for a full application.
Another point...I think accountants are regulated in Ontario...or in the whole of Canada actually. So, if you`re considering doing purely accounting work, you should check this. Regards.