+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2023*

leo89b

Mar 2, 2023
Hi,
But when they ask about the sponsor's email? We put the email of PA and we got the first confirmation email (right after the submission) in the PA's email address. I cannot remember we put the sponsor's email somewhere in the forms!
I am not sure but in IMM1344 form, we provide sponsor's email.
I am also confused and in same situation as yours, apart from that particular form section, everywhere PA's email so.

Last edited:

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Thank you for this message. Can I ask you if you had the AoR when you applied for OHIP? I've just submitted mt wife/daughther application, and I was wondering if I can apply for the OHIP for them! Can I ask you where did you apply for their OHIP (which city/with service). Thank you
It was in Toronto, there are 2 offices that can check it with immigration: 777 Bay St. and the one at Yonge and Sheppard. You can't apply with AOR, the principal applicant has to be in a stage of the application where it is approved in principle. AOR means nothing, it's just a receipt showing someone applied for permanent residency. In our case we never got the approved in principle email, but we had been asked the permanent residence fee to be paid which meant it was already past that point at the very least, and with that email (and the receipt showing the fee had been paid on the same day) the service Ontario checked it with Immigration which agreed was enough to be considered as approved in principle.

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
It was in Toronto, there are 2 offices that can check it with immigration: 777 Bay St. and the one at Yonge and Sheppard. You can't apply with AOR, the principal applicant has to be in a stage of the application where it is approved in principle. AOR means nothing, it's just a receipt showing someone applied for permanent residency. In our case we never got the approved in principle email, but we had been asked the permanent residence fee to be paid which meant it was already past that point at the very least, and with that email (and the receipt showing the fee had been paid on the same day) the service Ontario checked it with Immigration which agreed was enough to be considered as approved in principle.
Thanks. But I do not think that we should wait until the last step. Thecnically, you have also applied only with your AoR as your application is still in process. As written in the website, those who
  • are applying for permanent residence in Canada and:
    • have submitted an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and;
    • IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply and
    • you have not yet been denied
are eligible for the OHIP. This step means the AoR.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Thanks. But I do not think that we should wait until the last step. Thecnically, you have also applied only with your AoR as your application is still in process. As written in the website, those who
  • are applying for permanent residence in Canada and:
    • have submitted an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and;
    • IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply and
    • you have not yet been denied
are eligible for the OHIP. This step means the AoR.
I was very explicit about our case, we did not "technically" apply with the AOR at all, we applied with sufficient applicatuon information that was enough to prove that the principal applicant in fact had already the PR approved, since it was implicit in the document we received and presented at the Service Ontario. Others were able to enroll using the approved in principle email, which we never received along with other expected emails because (we think and according to similar applicants) the application was processed fast.

Then by all means go ahead and I hope you can get it. From the quoted information you provided, which we read at the time, we interpreted that as "the principal applicant must be at least in the approved in principle stage".

The AOR does not seem to fulfill the "you meet the eligibility requirements to apply" at all since it's just an application receipt, it only proves the person applied, not that the eligibility requirements has been met.

If you believe you do not have to wait then at worse all you lose is a bit of your time and you'll learn something more official from them directly, at best you are able to enroll successfully like you wanted.

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hello everyone,

We submitted inland application on Feb 10. and waiting for AOR, as Principal Applicant's work permit is going to expire in May 1st week.
We're too much worried because we can't apply for OWP till we receive AOR and on IRCC site it mentioned that apply before 1 month of your work permit expires so. PA is working full time at the moment.

Does anyone has any suggestions apart from waiting for AOR and then apply for OWP? Can we consult any immigration lawyer (assuming worst case scenario, sorry I might sound weird here but day by day we're becoming more and more tense)

Hopefully it goes well
Hi,
Do you have your AoR?
We submitted the inland Sponsor on 6 March. Do you have any estimation about how long it takes to have the AoR?
Thank you.

Mandeepk08

Jan 20, 2021
Hi Guys,

I have applied for Inland SOWP and my wife is on PGWP and working at the moment. Any idea how much time it will take to get the result?

Timeline:
Application Applied: 01-Mar-2023

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have applied for Inland SOWP and my wife is on PGWP and working at the moment. Any idea how much time it will take to get the result?

Timeline:
Application Applied: 01-Mar-2023
I think the PR will come before the SOWP. Inland is very very fast these days.

Reactions: Home_13579

Chinni18

Nov 2, 2022
Hello everyone,

Anyone received temp AOR applied on March 8th?
I applied under inland spousal sponsorship on March 8th and haven’t received anything yet!

thank you.

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hello everyone,

Anyone received temp AOR applied on March 8th?
I applied under inland spousal sponsorship on March 8th and haven’t received anything yet!

thank you.
We received a temporary number and a pdf which says practically nothing important 2 days ago. Applied 2 days before you.