+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

your opinion

QBCND

Apr 14, 2016
Since time ago I'm with the RP, as all who are reading this message? I have not a very difficult application to get the RP without problems(I think so maybe VO thinks otherwise), but I'm beginning to lose patience. I was analyzing some dates in each VO, and sometimes I find some processes very very fast, as things like file transferring, AOR, SA, MD, etc and I wonder:

a) they really have a very clear application.
b) they have been lucky.
c) they have a process which deserves an urgency in the VO.
d) they have friends?
e) none of a) b) c) d), and I'm looking bad.

good luck to everyone!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Probably a and b. The visa officers don't seem to care about the applicant having some reason for being processed faster, such as a pregnant wife. I have never heard of anyone being processed faster because they have friends in the visa office, though I suppose if you do, it might help.
One thing that can speed up an application is having a very clear, straightforward case with enough evidence to prove the relationship is genuine. Then the visa officer will not call an interview, which will save months of time.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Having a simple case probably does help, but luck is still a big factor. The biggest cause of longer timelines is certainly the interview, along with documents requests, requests for payments, etc. I've also heard of apps being held up due to security or background checks. But, even straightforward cases with everything done up front sometimes slip through the cracks and take much longer than average for no real reason.