+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your most frequently asked questions, answered by IRCC

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by northern sunshine, Jun 20, 2019.

1. This is a bit of a PSA that IRCC has a whole host of your most frequently asked questions already answered online. I have made a small selection below, but I encourage anyone who is looking for answers to browse their pages. There is far more information available than can be contained in this post!

This is all information directly from IRCC. I am not answering these questions myself. Thank you. :)

Quick links:
    Application Status
    Applying, General

Biometrics
    Express Entry
    Immigrating
    Immigration Representatives
    Inadmissibility
    Leaving/Returning to Canada
    Permanent Residents

Express Entry:

How can I determine whether I can apply for permanent residence?
    The online tool said I was eligible for Express Entry, but my completed profile says I’m not. Which one is right?
    I have two degrees from outside Canada. Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment for both?
    Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
    What happens after I send in my application?
    How long will it take to process my application?
    Continued in next post.

2. Continued...

Approval, Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR), and Landing:

What happens if my Express Entry application is approved?
    I don’t see the option to upload documents in my account, even though IRCC has asked for it. What do I do?
    How do I validate a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or a permanent resident visa if I live in Canada?
    Continued in next post...

3. Continued...

I have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and will travel to Canada. Do I need an eTA?

PR Cards, PRTD, and Returning to Canada:

I am a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a permanent resident card?
    How long will it take to process my PR card?

I need to leave Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?

Continued in next post...

4. Continued...

What happens if my permanent resident card expires while I am outside Canada?

PR Status:

How long must I stay in Canada to keep my permanent resident status?

Can I lose my permanent resident status?

Can my time abroad count toward my permanent resident status?

Find this and much, much more information in the IRCC Help Centre.

5. Hello everyone

Just wondering if will it be a problem if my COPR had an error on the birthday of my daughter? I am currently in Canada now arrived last year,and I am planning to get my daughter soon but as I checked my COPR, the birthday of my daughter is incorrect. She was listed in my COPR as non-accompanying dependent just that her birthdate is wrong entry... I want to know what to do before processing her visa