+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your experiences/Tips with Spouse Sponsorship/Permanent Residence!

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hello! So I'm just curious of everyone's experience and tips here with Inland Spousal sponsership/Permanent residence application and how it went! I'm mainly just looking for reassurance that if other people could do it then I can too. :)

Last edited:

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello! So I'm just curious of everyone's experience and tips here with Inland Spousal sponsership/Permanent residence application and how it went! I'm mainly just looking for reassurance that if other people could do it then I can too. :)
If you mean doing your own application pack without using a consultant, then I suspect most people do this - we certainly did. The CIC on-line help is actually pretty good and of course lots of support via this forum.

If you are 'time poor / cash rich' then by all means employ a consultant who will charge $3 - 6k-ish and probably only send you all the documents and tell you to fill them in and send it back to them, they will check the pack for you and provide advice no doubt. But if you begrudge paying money like that, then do it yourself.

Also an extremely useful 'unofficial' wiki resource here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms

Angled at Outland and for British PA's, but Inland and Outland are the same forms and not much difference between American and British PA's.

Last edited: